WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
This help the smackdown women's division way more then having a clean finish and it's sad that a lot of fans just don't get it.
No, this did not help the division. Did it generate attention? Sure. That's not the same thing as HELPING the division. Having a male obtain the briefcase in a match where all the official competitors are female is an insult to the historical moment that the win should have been. If Carmella was picked to win, fine. The problem is not Carmella winning. It's HOW she won. Had Ellsworth helped Becky or Charlotte I would still be as much against it as I am with how it played out. The win for a historic "first ever" match for the women was, quite literally, handed to her by a man. Ellsworth should have been banned from ringside by Shane or the match should have been restarted. Granted it's not as horrible as Santino dressing up like a girl to win a womens' battle royal at Wrestlemania, but it's still an insult to the division and all the improvements that the women have made to have the match end this way. A clean finish may be boring to some, although it would have been better than this. Controversial wins have their place when they are beneficial, however not here. It was a very bad decision.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
No, this did not help the division. Did it generate attention? Sure. That's not the same thing as HELPING the division. Having a male obtain the briefcase in a match where all the official competitors are female is an insult to the historical moment that the win should have been. If Carmella was picked to win, fine. The problem is not Carmella winning. It's HOW she won. Had Ellsworth helped Becky or Charlotte I would still be as much against it as I am with how it played out. The win for a historic "first ever" match for the women was, quite literally, handed to her by a man. Ellsworth should have been banned from ringside by Shane or the match should have been restarted. Granted it's not as horrible as Santino dressing up like a girl to win a womens' battle royal at Wrestlemania, but it's still an insult to the division and all the improvements that the women have made to have the match end this way. A clean finish may be boring to some, although it would have been better than this. Controversial wins have their place when they are beneficial, however not here. It was a very bad decision.
Let me just ask you something then. If they would have replaced ellsworth by summer rae and done the same thing, would you be as upset with the ending of the match?

Personally, I loved to ending because it help carmella's character. Carmella as always been the boss and ellsworth will do anything to help her get what she wants. It make the story more interested then if you would have done a clean finish,
Old 06-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Let me just ask you something then. If they would have replaced ellsworth by summer rae and done the same thing, would you be as upset with the ending of the match?

Personally, I loved to ending because it help carmella's character. Carmella as always been the boss and ellsworth will do anything to help her get what she wants. It make the story more interested then if you would have done a clean finish,

If Summer replaced Ellsworth then I would be significantly less upset, though still disappointed that Carmella didn't do it 100% on her own. Like I said in my other post, controversial finishes have their place. Having a man HAND a win to the winner of any kind of "first ever" match for female competitors, is a bad idea no matter how you look at it. Carmella would have benefited more from Ellsworth having been banned from the ringside area for this one. It being the first match of its kind deserved a better ending. I've seen far worse things so I'm hardly in boycott mode here or anything like that. I just think there are better routes they should have taken here.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's your right, that's what's fun with wrestling, everybody as a different thought on it. Some fans don't like the finish of the women's mitb ladder match because it wasn't a clean finish and some fans love the ending because they see the bigger picture

I like it because it made sense with the personna that carmella is. The carmella character is the type of character that will do anything to get what she want, even using ellsworth to win and this what the perfect exemple of what that character is all about. Now I'm interested in seeing where this goes. It got my attention a lot more then if they would have done a clean finish.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:53 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Something really bugged me after reading alot of the fans and wrestling journalist reacted to the finish of the women's money in the bank match. Why does this ending get so much negativity from the fans and journalist. Really, like Tony schiavone would say on his podcast, it's a show, it's not real, stop taking everything so seriously all the time.
Even scripted shows get scrutinized also. I mean that's why TV shows have the "Jump the Shark" moments where people just had enough of the show after a specific moment that turns people off. So I don't see why WWE being a show excuses itself from having a bad finish.

Also If this was the finish of the 3rd or 4th Women's MITB match then it would be fine. Problem is this was a "historic moment event" and they did three things
1.) A joke finish where a Woman who is part of the match doesn't even climb up to grab the briefcase
2.) A man (and a jobber) pretty much winning the match so despite having a Women's Revolution they just showed a male jobber being better than the Top women wrestlers in Smackdown
3.) Carmella winning the 1st MITB match, who was the last prepared to be women's champion.

Basically imagine if in the first MITB match at WM21 if Simon Dean was in the MITB and won it. It would have killed the gimmick. Or if the first KOTR on PPV if Barry Horowitz attacks Bret Hart before the finals and is inserted in the finals and wins the match and becomes the 1993 KOTR.

This was the first Women's MITB match and to book the finish like it did makes it even harder for fans to take the Snackdown Women's division seriously.

As the the entire PPV it was pretty lame not so much in the work rate of the talent here. Heck even the Women's MITB match was realy good until the ending killed it. I'd even argue I actually enjoy the women in this environment more than the men at times since they rely on less spots than the men.

Problem with this PPV is the finishes were pretty horrible. The Women's MITB match, the tag titles match, and the Men's MITB match.

Corbin and Carmella are MITB winners in their respective matches and both were the least ready to be Champions and that least over so that was disappointing. Heck Corbin lost his last two PPV matches, what kind of momentum is that?

The men's finish was strange because they had Nakamura get attacked before he could enter the ring then popup near the end clear house and yet doesn't win the match. If you were going to do that you better make him win if not then don't do it.

Though a positive is the match was the AJ Styles vs. Nakamura staredown if the WWE didn't already that crowd should tell you this match needs to be saved for WM33, if the WWE somehow doesn't save this for WM then I give up.

But hey at least we can now consider Greg Gagne a legend lol

So let's keep track on the Smackdown happenings
The #1 contender for the Women's Title at MITB was someone who isn't even an active wrestler
The WWE Champion, prior to winning the title last month, was a jobber for most of his WWE run
The Women's MITB winner is Carmella, who is kind of a joke in the women's division.
The Men's MITB winner has not won a PPV match since December last year.

Last edited by shooter_mcgavin : 06-20-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:44 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Hard for me to review this card without giving a biased opinion. I accidentally went on YouTube and the first video that popped up was Jinder looking at Corbin, so that gave away the ending to those matches. The WWe match was predictable but I genuinely didn't think Corbin would win the MitB. Ill give it a go anyways.

The WWE app almost gave away the winner to this as well for me. Well it pretty much did in a way. I saw a picture of Becky Lynch on Talking Smack so I thought she won it, but then when the match was happening it just looked like Ellsworth was doing something. I wanted a Carmella win and I predicted it but the match was surprising. I laughed at the finish because I just didn't think WWE would do that, how hard is it for him to lift Carmella up? I obviously am not a huge fan of it. The crowd sounded silly as well. They made a huge pop for Ellsworth going up and about to grab the case but they boo'd as soon as he got it. It's like they thought he wasn't actually going to get it or they didn't realize wtf was going on. A positive to this negative is WWE maybe realized that fucked up by having spud potatos in the match and maybe that's why they had a man grab the case, cause controversy and then next time they have the best divas they can find and that'll be an even more historic moment as it'll truly be the first time a girl as won the MitB. Overall the match was alright. I loved the offense Tamina got in because that's what she needs to do. It looked like the women hadn't practiced with the ladders at all, the shots looked so hard! When Charlotte got her leg caught, was that a botch? Carmella looked like she was genuinely hurting Charlotte with those kicks as well haha.

The New Day vs Usos was 1000x better than what I thought it was going to be. Good match, and probably the best booked match the whole night.

Breezango vs Acsension: Really WWE. Surely it isn't the Acsension. See what happens on Smackdown.

Lana vs Naomi: Skipped the match. I just don't give a toss about Naomi. All this talk about Jimder as champion, what about Naomi..

Didn't watch the two main event matches as it was late and I thought I already knew the result, skipped through most of them. Saw the whole AJ vs Nakamura thing. Loved it. The match will be a classic.

Overall probably a typical Smackdown PPV, watchable but no need to be in a rush.

Edit: Wait I watched the Jinder and Randy match actually. It was not bad. Was expecting another tiny Shingh to fall on his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH

Last edited by Khalifa : 06-20-2017 at 07:47 AM.