WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
No I did not misunderstand it and neither did wrestlingmasters55. Again, like I said in my other post. Just look at AJ Styles. If he can show up in the WWE and have a dream feud with Cena as well as win the World Heavyweight Championship, then the scenario of showing up and not having the booking "ruin" them can happen with any other wrestler. In my opinion a fan should want to see their favorites succeed in the biggest way possible. The WWE is the biggest wrestling federation there is. Period. Until another fed becomes a bigger deal than the WWE then it would remain as the ideal goal for a wrestler to want to compete there and win at Wrestlemania some day. There is literally no one in the entire wrestling industry who I would not want to see in the WWE for that reason. Name any top star from TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, New Japan, and any other fed and I would still tell you I would want to see them in WWE at some point in time. You can worry about how they are booked just as many others did, but again.... AJ Styles did it and was fine. This topic is silly but I said my piece and we can agree to disagree.
I agree about AJ Styles. I don't know if you know what Pentagon Dark is all about though. He's a masked wrestler. His gimmick is more pain and fearless related. If he ever joins WWE, he would likely be going to Cruiserweight Division which I certainly won't like.

It's nowhere about WWE being the ideal promotion for any wrestler. That's another topic to discuss. And I agree that WWE is the ideal promotion. But for some wrestlers, their current promotion suits them much better in every way.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:03 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Max View Post
Honestly I'm more concerned with stars in NXT joining the main roster. I find that particular stars that jump straight to the main roster from another promotion usually find success: AJ Styles is a very prominent name here. But particular stars absolutely light it up in NXT and then suffer on the main roster. There's plenty of examples and we all know who those kind of guys are. Someone like Sami Zayn pops to mind instantly. I'm not really sure what happened there. Bayley is a brilliant example too. She's been seriously mishandled and suffered a lot from it, especially when you consider her success in NXT. So from that point of view, I'd be more concerned with how WWE translates a star's success in NXT to the main roster.
The success stories of NXT far outweigh the failures. Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Owens, Balor, Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Enzo, Big Cass, Big E, etc. have all become significant players, among the most over acts on the roster or a combination of both. Besides, not everyone who comes up from NXT is gonna be a major star; that's not to say that I don't think WWE makes wrong decisions in who to push sometimes, because we all know they certainly do, but so does every other company. As far as wrestlers who're misused, I think we often times gravely overestimate whenever we say a wrestler is damaged or misused. Whatever problem's are plaguing Bayley, for instance, can be easily remedied within a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Max View Post
If I had to pick somebody outside of WWE, I would probably pick two guys and say The Young Bucks. They're a great tag team and WWE are in desperate need of them from my perspective. In theory you would think that would benefit an incoming team like Young Bucks, but we've also seen examples of where stars have joined from other promotions and gone nowhere. Plus, outside of the Hardy Boyz, there's been no real progression of the division. I'd fear that they would either get totally exposed as the only tag team to rely on, or lost in the shuffle that is the tag team divison.
I don't see the Bucks clicking in WWE. They've spent the last several years cultivating their image, their personas, their moves and everything about themselves as the ultimate indy wrestlers. For people who like the Bucks, a lot of fans will point at them and say that they represent what's best about indy wrestling while others say they represent what's worst about indy wrestling. I think WWE may have hamstrung itself when it comes to its tag teams by not keeping it as one big division. The Hardy Boyz, Sheamus & Cesaro, Gallows & Anderson, American Alpha, the Usos, Enzo & Big Cass, the Revival and a few others as one big division would give WWE, quite possibly, the overall strongest tag team division in its history.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:39 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
The success stories of NXT far outweigh the failures. Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Owens, Balor, Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Enzo, Big Cass, Big E, etc. have all become significant players, among the most over acts on the roster or a combination of both. Besides, not everyone who comes up from NXT is gonna be a major star; that's not to say that I don't think WWE makes wrong decisions in who to push sometimes, because we all know they certainly do, but so does every other company. As far as wrestlers who're misused, I think we often times gravely overestimate whenever we say a wrestler is damaged or misused. Whatever problem's are plaguing Bayley, for instance, can be easily remedied within a few weeks.

I don't see the Bucks clicking in WWE. They've spent the last several years cultivating their image, their personas, their moves and everything about themselves as the ultimate indy wrestlers. For people who like the Bucks, a lot of fans will point at them and say that they represent what's best about indy wrestling while others say they represent what's worst about indy wrestling. I think WWE may have hamstrung itself when it comes to its tag teams by not keeping it as one big division. The Hardy Boyz, Sheamus & Cesaro, Gallows & Anderson, American Alpha, the Usos, Enzo & Big Cass, the Revival and a few others as one big division would give WWE, quite possibly, the overall strongest tag team division in its history.
I agree that there have been some great success stories coming out of NXT, which is ultimately why I'd be more concerned with those graduating from NXT and to the main roster. Fans care a lot for these guys and in many cases more so than when guys have completely switched companies before. Hence, I think it should be more of a concern here because the attention given to how WWE handles these graduates is so great. Having said that, you are right, more often than not, WWE does get it right. Some guys naturally won't translate well either and I understand that.

I also agree a lot with what you say about Young Bucks. Ultimately, I feel right now that it truly is a case of WWE needing them more than they need WWE. They have talented teams thinly spread.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Rigistered Post Offender
WWF Hardcore Champion

Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...Slash-LN is getting some looks on Smackdown...

EC III had a run in NXT. He was nothing special there. He really didn't break out until he went to Impact.

For whatever reason he just didn't thrive there. I doubt he would get a decent push if he ever came back. At most he would go back to NXT and maybe win the championship there.

The Young Bucks probably wouldn't work well in WWE anyway. There's not enough freedom there and they wouldn't be able to rely on using crotch chops and Outsiders taunts. Plus their attitudes would hold them back.

As far as the subject of the post there's no one that comes to mind.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:19 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I would say... Everyone? I was watching judt PPV's on the Network for a couple of years, but after Mania 33 which was very disappointing I cancelled the Network and lost interest in WWE completely. NXT was amazing but I haven't watched it at all this year. It frustrates me, because WWE has the better roster on paper. WM33 should've been the most amazing show but it was too long and too crap.

Of course as a fan I know I'm in the minority, but I Justine the New Japan product so much more interesting. I hope none of their talent leaves, but of course I know that's unrealistic. They should do what they feel is best for them.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:10 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Off the top of my head, nobody really springs to mind. I'm sort of straddling the fence a bit because I can see both sides of an argument and both have valid points.

On one hand, WWE is the biggest, most well known promotion out there and that's not likely to change anytime soon. It's the biggest stage there is in all of pro wrestling and I think it's a natural instinct for fans to want to see talented guys get a chance to shine on that stage. On the other hand, I can understand the perspective some fans and wrestlers have in staying on the indy scene or with New Japan; if they're making a good living and are emotionally satisfied, then it makes complete sense for them to keep on keepin' on.

As a fan, I do think that WWE is too corporate at times. I feel that Vince McMahon is so concerned with the cosmetic image of the company that it hamstrings the company's creative capabilities at times. As a result, that can chafe some wrestlers the wrong way. I also believe that there's a middle ground that can be attained with WWE still being the huge money machine that it is without having to limit its creative process so much.

However, I'm sure that Vince himself would probably say something along the lines of "Well, my company is making more money than ever before. Last year alone, my company's revnue was almost 30 times what the next biggest sports entertainment company took in. My company's streaming service has over 2 million subscribers, 40 times the subscribers of the next biggest sports entertainment company's streaming service." And, truth be told, I wouldn't have any real sort of rebuttal because he'd be absolutely right as it's hard to argue against sheer numbers. There are obviously a lot of people who ultimately truly, truly enjoy what WWE is doing and how they're doing it.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 06-11-2017, 03:46 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Like ShinShan, I'd say Pentagon. He's one of the reasons that I watch LU. I'd hate to think that his style would be toned down if he were to migrate up north, or worse, end up like Sin Cara. Right now he's like Stone Cold of LU, and it's hard to fathom WWE going back into that well again.