WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-27-2017, 12:55 AM

mont3818 is looking to come up from OCW...

It'll be a good clean win for Orton. Jinder is propped up, gets rewarded for his hard work, then loses relatively straight-forward to Orton here. Jinder gets the accolade of fighting for the belt once and gets to go back being a solid heel for the lower-mid card. This is a filler in-between PPV, so why not let Orton look strong for the time being until the Summerslam build-up starts? That'll be the ultimate point of this thing, once the real main-eventers like Owens, AJ, and Nakamura are back on the scene. Why not create another solid mid-card heel in Jinder since they seem to be lacking on that front? This is meant to give him that legitimacy and move one notch higher than jobber/comedy act in the long run. So, good for him. 3MB legitimacy here they come!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Jinder winning makes a LOT of sense... it actually helps erase the stigma of ALL jobbers rather than just him... think Drew who just got back to NXT... It shows that for the first time in years - ANYONE can be two matches away from winning the title - they can win a contenders match or a Rumble or such and upset the established order.

For years the title pictures have been SO formulaic it's become parody... win IC or US early, hold that for a period, win World within 2 years or jettisoned from the company or moved to jobber status... You could literally predict a career path as it's been done pretty much since Bret won the IC.

People don't like the idea of it being Jinder or rather the reasons behind it and I can get that... but they are clearly moving Smackdown away from being a US focused show and more for the international markets.

They could easily have moved Drew into this situation, winning one match and being in contention to help build the burgeoning UK market for them... but the TV isn't quite as far along as India is. But the diversity nationally on the SD roster lends itself to Jinder taking the belt for a while.

Jinder wins the title, it opens up the possibility for a Drew V Jinder v Shinsuke v Rusev or Cesaro match later in the year that would do big business in overseas markets for example... It also has the scope to be the JBL reign of this era and it seems to be heading that way -whether Drew, Rusev, Shinsuke or Cesaro end up dethroning him - someone gets a big push from beating the guy people hate as champ... more so than defeating Randy, who's been beaten for the belt a lot. It makes it more a WORLD title...

All this 15th anniversary stuff is stoking the fire for me... Jinder wins big, I can even see him appearing immediately after House Of Horrors ends and scoring a quick pin.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:29 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Jinder Mahal winning doesn't make sense for me at least. Also, Jinder Mahal isn't actually cared about here in India. Almost every one I know here are just "meh" to this sudden push of his.

I'm more shocked at this though. I will try to give Jinder some more chances to impress me. But you can't just throw a jobber in the main event scene in two weeks itself. Atleast build him prior to winning.

Randy Orton might be boring as the champion but it looks worse for me if Jinder becomes one. Smackdown has plenty of time to build him before Backlash. Let's see how it's done.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It would be incorrect to say that there is zero chance of Jinder winning the title. They could be taking this India push so seriously to the point that they're ready to rush Mahal as champion.

This sudden move from long time jobber to main event contender reminds me of JBL in 2004. I remember a lot of people were sure that Bradshaw would never win the title, especially after he won the first attempt against Eddie at Judgement Day 04 via dq.

It's a tough call. WWE hot shotted Sheamus into a WWE title win at the end of 09 when his only feud on Raw had been with Jamie Noble and Jerry Lawler. They're not above suddenly putting that strap on someone who isn't ready if they believe they'll draw.

Bilions of potential paying customers in India sure seems like a draw to me.

From the perspective of quality professional wrestling, it seems like there's no way. The ends of Jinder Mahal being in the main event does not justify the zero work to get him there. They could have been building the guy since he returned last summer, instead they resigned him to job.

Mahal as top guy isn't a bad thing, the lack of quality pro wrestling storytelling to get him over and justify his spot is atrocious.

Personally, I'd have Mahal fail his title attempt then move onto the MITB ladder match. I'm not at all sure he should go over there, but he should definitely move into the US title scene as soon as a face is the champion. KO's face of America gimmick has a lot of legs left.

They can move Jinder Mahal up the card, he can be WWE champion, but hold off. Have him hold the US title, let's see his match quality improve, let's string together some wins and then think about Jinder as champion later this year or 2018.

Randy wins via dq and moves into a feud with Rusev while Mahal chases MITB and the US title come SummerSlam.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Orton beats Mahal then goes on to Rusev. Mahal needs a solid US Title run to show what he can do as a title holder and heat generator
Old 05-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I'm still on board with Mahatma winning. It's just way more interesting to me than Orton's reign continuing. On the off chance he wins I'm also predicting Rusev dethroning him on Smackdown this Tuesday.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Been seeing the consistent improvement in Jinder over the last 6-8 months. Was great to me 4 months ago seeing him get a bit more time, and I'm not really feeling any different now. Orton is boring. Just take the belt off of him so I can go back to watching Smackdown. Nakamura, Owens, and Styles will keep me sure, but I enjoyed Smackdown when the only thing I had to skip over was Alexa Bliss. Jinder is like a guy who needs a charismatic opponent to really fuel him with a guy who sucks oxygen out of the room 80-90%+ of his match. Don't care what happens either way, it's still cool to see Jinder get something he busted his ass for.