WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Fergdog Fergdog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
Fergdog is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
First of all you are right in regards to women's rights, we've not had them for very long. Until the last century, 1920 to be exact, women weren't even allowed to vote. We had no say in who ran the country and who would affect our lives.
Not to be too nit picky, but modern democracy as a whole isn't that old. All men being able to vote on a leader is also a pretty recent addition to many countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:W..._democracy.png
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:01 PM
klunderbunker's Avatar
klunderbunker klunderbunker is offline
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 17,759
klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default

As usual, people don't seem to know what they're talking about. A few points:

1. Goldberg's streak was inflated, but it was more along the lines of 10-20 wins inflated, not dozens as seems to be implied.

1a. I never thought anything of it as WCW often said that Goldberg won at house shows. Fans seemed to complain because the numbers would jump 3-4 wins from week to week without considering that there were other matches besides what you saw on Nitro/Thunder.

1b. It's wrestling so why are people annoyed that WCW might have been lying?

2. Yeah, Asuka has won 174 matches. 41 of those were tag matches where she might not have gotten the fall but we'll count them anyway. For comparison's sake, Goldberg had two tags before his loss.

3. Neither of these are close to a record as Tatanka won over 300 matches before his first loss in the company.

4. No one cares about Tatanka.

Here's the thing: Asuka and Goldberg both destroyed a bunch of jobbers (Goldberg beat Jerry Flynn how many times?) but for the most part, neither were at the top of their promotion (Goldberg had one successful main event title defense as champion) during their streak. Saying Asuka has surpassed Goldberg's streak or that Goldberg's streak doesn't count because of the inflated numbers doesn't work but that's never stopped anyone.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
in fact
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-01-2017, 11:24 PM
ShinChan's Avatar
ShinChan ShinChan is offline
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 2,241
ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilapierre View Post
It doesn't say anything about the mentality of men at the time. This world has been in existence for longer than the 20th century. Obviously there's a reason men have been in charge of everything since eternity. And obviously there's a reason women never challenged men this whole, entire time. The only reason women are even getting an opportunity now is because our world is run by Zionist Jewish extremists who want our great civilization to crash and burn. Dividing and conquering white, black and Arab men and women is their ultimate goal.

Studies, sports? Women are dominant in their own sports. They are not usually dominant in comparison to a man. Just like the physically challenged can be dominant among their own and even sometimes against the non physically challenged.

Women are NOT more efficient than men. That is just your subjective opinion.

Who said anything about me regularly watching WWE? As a man, I'm very efficient in not wasting time on watching crap tv. Like I said, I am never entertained for more than 5 minutes at a time when I watch. I only watch it when I read online that something happened that I should be interested in.

WCW was a far superior product. The FPOD and Nash beating Goldberg's streak were 2 things that happened within 11 days of each other. WCW was far more than a 2 week period..just as the Earth has been revolving with men at the helm for millennia.

Asuka is a woman who fights women. You can't throw Bobby Roode into the conversation of no names in the NXT women's division.

No. Women's wrestling was actually half decent in the 90s and early 00s. I was a big fan of Lita, Sherri, Chyna even Moolah. Wendy Richter, Alundra Blayze, Bull Nakano were cool. The only one I find any bit entertaining now is Bayley. The rest freakin SUCK. Women were fantastic as managers, not 'objects'. Was Bobby Heenan or Paul Heyman or Slick mere objects? No they were fantastic managers. Women were great valets. Elizabeth, Sunni, Woman, Sherri etc. The problem is nobody wanted to watch them wrestle. Audiences came to watch manly men - the heavyweights..not women or girly boys like Dolph Ziggler or The Miz. Our world has become way too feminine and millions of fans have tuned out. That's not me pissing on the product because I don't like it. The old audience of 4 or 5 million people don't watch the product regularly anymore because the product is out of touch with the reality of what its audience wants. The old audience (and half of the new) DOES NOT want Roman Reigns main eventing. The old audience DOES NOT want Triple H or Randy Orton winning 14 titles each, let alone 3. The old audience wants wrestling to make sense again. I count myself as part of the 'lost' old audience. I do not watch regularly. But I will make my opinion count on threads like these that are full of politically correct crybabies defending a piss poor product..

If women want to wrestle, then WWE should create a women's wrestling channel and keep that separate so that it doesn't cut into the male-dominated product. The women don't 'steal' the show. They simply steal airtime. That's why they put about 15 women in one match at Wrestlemania. The show is 7 hours and 20 women got a combined 2 matches and 40 minutes of air time.

Men are dominant compared to women. That''s just a fact. Just look at the chain of command in WWE and in the real world. Who do you think created the Women's Revolution? Who do you think runs NXT? Who do you think runs WWE? Who do you think runs the network you watch wrestling on? Who do you think runs all the networks you watch on TV? Who do you think runs wrestlezone? Who do you think runs the Net?? Hint: It's not women.

Wrestlemania 32 was probably one of the worst Wrestlemanias of all time. Go look at Wrestlemania reviews online. It really was poor. The main event was horrible. The 6 second Rock match was ridiculous. The woman's match easily stole the poor show. In fact, it was almost as if the men let the women run that show..
Since you were smart enough to ignore many things, I'll try to be smart like you.

What I wanted to convey with that WCW comment was that no company/promotion has perfect product. Just like no man is perfect. Well except Tye Dillinger. The thing is that every era or promotion has its weaknesses or problems. Currently, it isn't any different either. There are problems but there are very good things as well.

Also, I amn't a crybaby defending the product. I thought that we could discuss without petty insults being thrown. No? Well, that's your decision to insult or not. I won't.

Women stole the show at Wrestlemania because the show wasn't good? Right but regardless of overall quality of the PPV, the match was very good. It would've been good even if the whole PPV was a classic.

Also, you say that you rarely watch now but how do you know that the product is poor? Without actually watching, you're judging it? It's like I said that WCW was horrible without watching it. You can't judge accurately without seeing it yourself.

Also, I can understand why you feel that old is gold. That earlier times were better in terms of wrestling. But that doesn't make the current product poor by any measure.
__________________
Fémının Pro Wrestling
{FPW}
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-02-2017, 11:51 AM
ilapierre's Avatar
ilapierre ilapierre is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 461
ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Okay I feel like I have to weigh in on this being an "inferior" woman and all. First of all you are right in regards to women's rights, we've not had them for very long. Until the last century, 1920 to be exact, women weren't even allowed to vote. We had no say in who ran the country and who would affect our lives. As a matter of fact in some countries in the Middle East, women are still not allowed to vote. They are also not allowed to talk to men, show their faces outside the first door of their house, work, and they must be totally subservient to their husbands. Failure to do so runs a risk of beatings or death.

Women have come a long way but we still have a long way to go.

You know I have news for you, this is not a competition between men and women. We don't really care what we can surpass you at, it's just not on our radar most of the time. It's a guy thing. Maybe you are scared that a woman just might be better than you and that's the reason for the irrationality of an non existent contest. Most of us, and I speak for myself and my friends are happy in our skin.

As for Asuka, very happy that she is doing so well, and would love to see her on the main roster as soon as possible. Hoping it's around Summerslam she gets called up.
Just because you don't like what I say, doesn't mean I am wrong or scared. I'm just being honest about something many fear to be honest about in today's unrealistic, 'anybody and everybody can be a hero' culture.

Women didn't have rights in this world and weren't treated equally in a lot of ways until things started getting better for them in the past 100 years. In fact, believe it or not, almost exactly 100 years ago my great great grandfather was responsible in giving Canadian women the first ever opportunity to vote. Women are still not treated equal in our society in many ways but that is not because of the average man like myself..I'm just being honest about women's physical and personality limitations when it comes to wrestling.

And don't blame Middle Eastern men for denying women basic rights without also putting the blame on the elites who run our own society and who have held women back from the beginning of time. As a three degree university graduate, I've had to do an extremely long thesis paper on the subject of Islam. Islam holds women back in many ways, yes, but only through the ethnocentric eyes of a North American or European with a completely different belief system. Within it's own cultural context, Islam empowers all Muslims, men or women, by demanding adherence to standards of morality and stands in contrast to the pedo, tranny, beastiality direction of Americanism. As someone who has the ability to stand outside of one's own culture, I think Muslims in many ways do a fantastic job encouraging their women and children to be good role models by putting the family unit first and rejecting the Zionist filth of our own society. An ethnocentric, 'inferior' person (man or woman) actually looks at Muslims as evil but then believes in the elites that run our society. Women have no true equality because of these 'elites' and they are also the ones who steal our tax dollars ($600 billion a year) to drop bombs on, and occupy lands of demonized Middle Eastern people..And the victims of such carnage are mostly..yes you guessed it, women and children. As backward as you believe Middle Eastern people are toward their women, the ones with the even more deranged religion are the ones running our society. The same ones leading the faux 'women empowerment' movement and trying their darndest to ignite a gender war between the truly disempowered: Both women AND men.

As for a 'competition' thing, nah, I'm just stating a fact. Women have their strengths and are most likely better than men at many things. There are many extremely intellectual and considerate women in my family so I know first hand that women are superior in many ways.

HOWEVER. When it comes to sports and especially wrestling, women do not outshine the men. It would be a strange, strange unrealistic world if they could. Please don't hate me for stating the obvious. Does women's hockey outshine men's hockey? If it did, there would be a female NHL that was more profitable than the real NHL. Where are the female NFLs, MLBs, NBAs? They don't exist and wouldn't be anywhere near as profitable. So it's the elite to blame. Not the average guy writing an honest post on wrestlezone.

Last edited by ilapierre : 05-02-2017 at 12:17 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-02-2017, 12:09 PM
ilapierre's Avatar
ilapierre ilapierre is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 461
ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Since you were smart enough to ignore many things, I'll try to be smart like you.

What I wanted to convey with that WCW comment was that no company/promotion has perfect product. Just like no man is perfect. Well except Tye Dillinger. The thing is that every era or promotion has its weaknesses or problems. Currently, it isn't any different either. There are problems but there are very good things as well.

Also, I amn't a crybaby defending the product. I thought that we could discuss without petty insults being thrown. No? Well, that's your decision to insult or not. I won't.

Women stole the show at Wrestlemania because the show wasn't good? Right but regardless of overall quality of the PPV, the match was very good. It would've been good even if the whole PPV was a classic.

Also, you say that you rarely watch now but how do you know that the product is poor? Without actually watching, you're judging it? It's like I said that WCW was horrible without watching it. You can't judge accurately without seeing it yourself.

Also, I can understand why you feel that old is gold. That earlier times were better in terms of wrestling. But that doesn't make the current product poor by any measure.
I 'ignored' much of what you said because either a) it was a good point and you were right or b) it was a poor point, but not one of your poorest points.

I have no clue who Tye Dillinger is. Is he related to Doug Dillinger?

Yeah it was a great women's match. It was a shitty Wrestlemania. I'm not here to slag women. I'm here being realistic about women's wrestling. I slag the men 20 times as hard as I slag the women.

I watch the product right around the time of the Royal Rumble and I annually lose interest right after Wrestlemania. There are many Raws and Smackdowns that I will fall asleep watching during this period. I mostly PVR these shows. I watch the product when it's at its peak and that's how I know.

As for your 'old is gold' comment, I ignored that point last time because you're generalizing. it isn't really true when it comes to what has happened to WWE over the past decade. I do love the past, sure, we all do..but there was a time when I loved present day wrestling without it feeling forcefed. I mean, I could go back and watch old Raws and Smackdowns from 2009 and still be bored out of my tree. Same with WCW. It sucked in 2000. That year in history still sucks now.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-02-2017, 11:59 PM
ShinChan's Avatar
ShinChan ShinChan is offline
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 2,241
ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilapierre View Post
I 'ignored' much of what you said because either a) it was a good point and you were right or b) it was a poor point, but not one of your poorest points.

I have no clue who Tye Dillinger is. Is he related to Doug Dillinger?

Yeah it was a great women's match. It was a shitty Wrestlemania. I'm not here to slag women. I'm here being realistic about women's wrestling. I slag the men 20 times as hard as I slag the women.

I watch the product right around the time of the Royal Rumble and I annually lose interest right after Wrestlemania. There are many Raws and Smackdowns that I will fall asleep watching during this period. I mostly PVR these shows. I watch the product when it's at its peak and that's how I know.

As for your 'old is gold' comment, I ignored that point last time because you're generalizing. it isn't really true when it comes to what has happened to WWE over the past decade. I do love the past, sure, we all do..but there was a time when I loved present day wrestling without it feeling forcefed. I mean, I could go back and watch old Raws and Smackdowns from 2009 and still be bored out of my tree. Same with WCW. It sucked in 2000. That year in history still sucks now.
Well, Tye Dillinger is the guy in my signature. I don't know Dough Dillinger though.

I can understand why you find that Wrestlemania bad. It was mostly bad to mediocre except the women's match. And that's why I say that women's wrestling is a lot better now. You have atleast 5-6 women who can wrestle good on the main roster itself. Not to forget that NXT has 4-5 good women wrestlers as well. If you still don't care about women wrestling then I'll like to refer both Sasha Banks Vs. Bayley matches in NXT. You said that you liked Bayley somewhat but you'll like her more in NXT. Her stint has been botched on the main roster so she isn't as interesting now. Not her fault though.
__________________
Fémının Pro Wrestling
{FPW}
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Tripleb2k1's Avatar
Tripleb2k1 Tripleb2k1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 158
Tripleb2k1 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

ShinChan's math is off...she's only at 170 lol

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...we-nxt-phoenix
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-06-2017, 11:55 PM
ShinChan's Avatar
ShinChan ShinChan is offline
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 2,241
ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripleb2k1 View Post
ShinChan's math is off...she's only at 170 lol

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...we-nxt-phoenix
Yeah, I'm weak in mathematics. But I didn't count Asuka's wins on my own. The site you referred states "170" wins. Another site I saw states "163" wins. A couple of sites have already said that the streak has been passed. Asuka herself has tweeted referring a site which stated that "Asuka passes Goldberg's undefeated streak." So it's not about my "off" mathematics.

Also, the legitimate number is "155" which is already passed.
__________________
Fémının Pro Wrestling
{FPW}
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-13-2017, 04:42 PM
MINISTRYrising's Avatar
MINISTRYrising MINISTRYrising is offline
Registered User
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 634
MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

No matter what the number is, I think we can all agree that she has had a great run as champion and has established herself as one biggest stars in NXT, But I think now is the right time for her to drop the title and move up to the main Roster. She has beaten everyone there is Beat in NXT and needs to move on to allow others to Shine. Also NXT currently has one of the strongest Women's divisions it has had since the Four Horse women left for the main roster. Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot are both incredible Wrestlers and would both be great choices as the next NXT women's champion and with the likes of Ember Moon, Peyton Royce and Billy Kay all impressing, it's safe to say the division is in safe hands and no longer needs Asuka to carry it single handedly like she has done for so long.
__________________
The Ministry will rise again.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices