WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-02-2017, 04:32 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...

Having every single card stacked like the Unforgiven card you've posted burns the crowd out before the end. There's a reason La Resistance vs Tajiri & Rhyno is positioned between Michaels/Kane and HHH/Orton at Unforgiven 04.

In 04/05 they didn't have a great pool of talent to draw from like they had when WCW and ECW were still active. There was nobody established they could call in, so they had to rely on those sent up from OVW or whatever development they had at the time. Some of them worked, some of them didn't. I mean, Tajiri and Rhino? Whats wrong with them getting on a card in 03/04? They'd been pretty big and well-respected names. I remember Haas and Rico being fairly over as far as lower-card comedy acts go.

Now they have the chance again, to draw from Ring of Honor, or TNA, or anywhere really. There's guys who could have been made more of after coming up from NXT. It's the booking sometimes that hasn't let guys like Breeze down to the point that them being on PPV feels like filler. The star power is there and the roster depth is there if they wanted to draw from NXT for them to have single brand shows.

Last edited by Eyebrows : 05-02-2017 at 04:49 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with what you said. I am glad that I only pay for PPVs by subscribing to the Network, so I watch them, since I pay the same whether I watch the actual PPV or not.

PPVs these days are rarely worth what we used to pay for them. However, maybe this is the problem. Since we are paying less for PPVs, and there are more of them to fill Network schedules, they put less into each PPV (which is where I agree with you on point 3).

As for having mixed brand PPVs, I will go one further. I have always felt that they should not only have Raw and SD matches, but a couple of NXT matches as well, to help promote NXT and give wider coverage to guys or girls that they plan to bring up to the main roster (eg. I wouldn't have minded EC or Wrestlemania having Shinskue Nakamura v Bobby Rude for the NXT Title, since it would give Shinsuke a bit of publicity before he debuts on the main roster).
I supposed, going back to my uni/marketing mix then the role has shifted.. in the 80's PPV was the major "breadwinner" for large sales figures... getting 80k into a stadium, all buying T-Shirts was the goal...

Now the PPV's are in effect the loss-leaders just like a 10p tin of beans at the front of the store (3p when I learned this) they make a huge loss on that product, knowing they're likely to make money on what else you buy... in WWE's case they give you the free month... even Wrestlemania... but they know if you want to it's easily avaiable free anyway... for every 1 person who cancels and streams for free, 2 probably pay the $9.99.