WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I think the biggest mistake that the WWE ever did with Cody was that they expected him to get over on his own merits. I'm assuming a great deal with that last statement, but that's where my head is.

Cody was weird in a lot of ways that were apparently never addressed. He had knobby knees, he was pretty damn small compared to everyone else and his finishing move looked fucking stupid. We fans were apparently supposed to ignore all of that and accept that Cody legitimately got a clean win over Ezekiel Jackson for the IC Championship. What I saw was Zeke having his career destroyed as he laid down for that stupid looking rebound foot to the face move, and I saw the IC Championship devalued as Cody was just a guy wandering around with a belt that nobody else wanted.

From what I can tell, the WWE thought "He's Cody Rhodes, that alone will sell tickets".

The only time I had a mild spark of interest in the vanilla Cody character was when he started cutting promos on the McMahon's being obsessed with keeping the Rhodes family down. For whatever reason, that wasn't allowed to go anywhere.

Promos and matches that I've seen of Cody in Japan and in the indies seem just as bland as his WWE work. Personally, I don't give a fuck about the Bullet Club. I think that they're such a cheap imitation of the nWo meets DX that, when they themselves exploit the similarities, it's a boring-ass failed attempt at meta-humor. I don't consider membership in the Bullet Club to be any reason to start liking someone, and I think that Cody's promos for the Bullet Club are fucking stupid.

The Stardust thing was too little too late. Nothing he did at a certain point of being associated with stomach pain inducing boredom could get me to become excited for his performances.