WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-27-2017, 10:51 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I liked Del Rio at first. The rich jerk gimmick, the obsenely expensive cars and his own ring announcer. He played the role good and damn if he wasn't technically sound in that ring. I was impressed.....

....fast forward to half a year later.

I'm getting physically ill when his entrance music plays. He does the same crap over and over and I've completely lost interest in him. I don't know what it was. Maybe he should've just come out once a month to keep him from getting stale. But DAMN he got stale. Week after week after week, boring as shit promo, somehow even more boring wrestling match.

They even tried him as a face. Nobody cheered. At all. No wait, I vaguely remember one guy in the back jump up and cheer. That was it. One guy cheered for face Del Rio.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:49 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Well he has announced that he and Paige are getting married this week, today in fact, don't now if that's just to put the wind up Vince McMahon's back or not, but he has pretty much burned any bridges he had left. He's been bad mouthing the WWE for awhile now, and in the marriage announcement called them basically a bunch of wankers.

Pretty safe to say we'll not see him back in a WWE ring for a long time, if ever.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:46 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

When look at Alberto Del Rio's time in WWE, I can't exactly say that I feel sorry for the guy because from my perspective, he's got got a whole lot to complain about. Inside the ring, I really enjoyed Del Rio. I thought he was a really good technician who could brawl when called for and could do it easily. I mean, the guy's about 6'4" or 6'5" and weighs about 235, 240 lbs. so he's not really someone that can do all the various flips & flops and suicide dive variations that we've come to expect from most Hispanic wrestlers so that did make him stand out a bit.

On the mic, he got pretty old after a few months because all his promos were essentially the same as he'd talk about "destiny" or calling someone a "perro" or what have you. His gimmick with Ricardo Rodriquez was fun and even though it was essentially a cross between JBL and Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Man gimmick, it was still enjoyable overall.

During his first run, Del Rio was a 4 time World Champion, won the largest Royal Rumble match in history and was Mr. MITB. He was consistently in a headlining position even though about halfway or so through his run, I'd say, a lot of people just didn't really buy into him all that much as a main eventer. During his second run, I still can't say I was overly sympathetic because here's a guy that for about 1 year had a downside guarantee of well over $1 million and ultimately left because he was pissed about not being in the main event spot.

If Del Rio has hard feelings towards WWE, then I'm of the opinion that it's due to his own making. When he was released the first time, he assaulted another company employee. I forget his name and what he did exactly, but the guy wasn't a wrestler and he did so because Del Rio said he made a racist comment/joke towards him; Del Rio is the only one who heard this, so WWE's hands were tied. If true, then the guy deserved to get the taste slapped out of his mouth but at the same time, in the real world, you can't just go around physically assaulting people and companies can't permit it to happen. In the United States, you can sue over damn near anything in the first place so WWE either takes action or they get sued by this guy who got pasted. They eventually did fire this guy, as I remember, after investigating him as it turns out that he had a history of making such comments and jokes but it's not like WWE could just fire the guy right then and there without finding out all this.

I've read that Del Rio was "promised" a main event run but other guys in the past have made similar claims. It sucks sometimes, but pro wrestling can be a fluid business where you sometimes have to go with the flow. In Del Rio's case, in my opinion, he wasn't all that interesting as a main eventer and he'd had lots of opportunity before and I don't think I was the only one who had that opinion based on fan response. The whole Mexican-America thing felt awkward from the beginning, I think WWE sensed that but kept it going for a bit in the hopes that he and Colter would find their groove, but it just felt strange; doubtless it was one of those ideas that seemed good on paper but didn't pan out in execution. Also, as I mentioned, Del Rio reportedly had a downside guarantee of well over $1 million and, to top things off, he became involved with this cute, British 22 year old, at the time, who seems to think the sun rises and sets on him.

So yeah, all in all, I think Del Rio's issues with WWE are more along the lines of his ego being bruised than anything else because he had a lot of high profile things going on, met his current wife and made a shitload of money in the process. I'm not gonna be shedding any tears for the guy, I'll tell you that.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:51 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

i will forget all about his second run in WWE because his second run in WWE was pretty much like i just typed....forgotten and it wasnt all his fault, it's booking.

really that's Alberto's WWE career problems. they booked him to the top heel way too soon, then had him put Edge and Christian over...then he gets shipped to RAW and wins the WWE Championship via cash in with the help of Kevin Nash in a very odd story. he then loses the title a month later to Cena only to regain it and lose it again to a red hot CM Punk. losing to Punk at that time had to happen because of how hot the iron for Punk was, however, losing to Cena did him harm and his gimmick also was changed a bit when he moved to RAW. on Smackdown, he was better as a rich Mexican wrestler who put others down and had his own ring announcer...however, on RAW he talked a bit more and because his promos werent great, Punk was easily able to put him down.

honestly, they should've either 1) kept him on Smackdown and eventually beat Christian or 2) never pushed him at the rumble and have him win the US or IC title and have him carry that championship then move him to the top heel push.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:07 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I liked Alberto Del Rio's first WWE run. I remember first thinking I would hate the guy when I saw the hype video promos for his debut. He quickly proved me wrong with his in-ring skill and his promos. I can see why some might have gotten tired of the "destiny" promos, they did get a little repetitive I suppose. He made up for it in the ring. I also liked when he had things that stood out about him like the cars, the pyro waterfall, and having Ricardo Rodriguez as his announcer. His short-lived face turn should have lasted far longer than it did. Then there's the long list of accomplishments he had.... WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion, Money In The Bank winner, Royal Rumble winner. Not bad for a first 3 years in the company at all.

And then there was his second run. He came back in a surprising way winning against Cena in a US Championship Open Challenge.... but then they started that stupid "MexAmerica" storyline. His alliance with Zeb made NO sense whatsoever and the whole angle was just bizarre. Then he was in the League Of Nations and did basically nothing until he was drafted to Smackdown when the Brand Extension returned and did literally nothing and then he was gone. That second run sucked. I really enjoyed his first one though and he is underrated overall. Call him boring if you want, though I was a big fan.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.