WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Anti-Christ of Pro Wrestling
WWE Diva's Champion

Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's safe to assume with the return of Hawkins, Jinder, Drew McIntyre, and possibly Shelton Benjamin, it won't be long before we see him back in WWE.

He's been undeniably over at so many points in his career, it just seems like the obvious move with the roster being thinner than ever. Maybe send him to NXT for a bit to let the young talents learn from him.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Aron Rex is as much to blame as the former management at Impact are to blame. He did not show up with his A game. He was looking pretty doughy to be the big bad heel Grand Champion and was not giving it all in the ring.

Abandoning what got him over in WWE was a mistake. The name was awful. If he wasn't going to be a play on Damien Sandow (Damien Stevens? Aaron Sandow? Damien Brando? He should have just been Aaron Stevens.

The Liberace transformation was one thing, the way it was handled was another. There was no gradual transformation, it was just like one day he woke up on the flamboyant side of the bed. Had they not rushed it, it could have worked (it wouldn't) have.

I'm not surprised here. There was nothing there in that Liberace gimmick and the fact WWE passed on it should be no surprise.

Aron Rex could have been a midcard player in Impact, but he brought no A game with him and was booked with a big fat pair of ham hands.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Good riddance, I guess.

I was a big fan of Sandow in WWE and he was good when he initiated his TNA run. But I don't know why he wasn't significantly over at Impact Zone. I might be wrong but I think that the audience just didn't care much about him. Or maybe they weren’t given any reason to care about it.

Too much of variations took place while his TNA stint was going on and I don't know who to blame. Maybe be the sides. He surely had enough mic skills. In-ring work wasn't great but not bad either. Not sure what's next for him now.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:13 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
This continues to support one simple truth:

All these people who decide that WWE has no idea how to book these great talents might not know what they're talking about. Sandow got over with one idea and while he sold the heck out of it, I have no idea who thought of it. The problem for Sandow is after that stunt double thing, there's NOTHING to support it. He's a completely average in-ring worker, a decent talker and......that's pretty much everything. When he left WWE, everyone was saying you would see how great he was. Now maybe you can blame this on TNA (it certainly wouldn't be the first time) but I didn't see anything to suggest that WWE pushed him poorly. I saw him as someone who WWE managed to push far beyond his limitations.

It's almost like WWE has an idea of what they're doing with this stuff.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it. Also, I always had a feeling that Sandow's support was more along the lines of what we saw with Zack Ryder after his initial push to the United States Championship. People were cheering Ryder on, they wanted to see him get pushed, they criticized WWE for not doing it and the support ultimately dried up almost immediately once Ryder started getting pushed. It was almost like many Ryder supporters thought "Okay, we got him pushed, now forget about him and let's move onto something else." While we'll never know for sure, I just always felt that Sandow would've gotten the same treatment; I always thought that a lot of fans were cheering Sandow as a form rebellion, you know fighting against the machine and all that crap, as they probably knew he wasn't going to get pushed and stopped caring once he did.

I haven't watched TNA in forever, but I do read up on what's going on now and again and I couldn't help but laugh a little at how Sandow was used in TNA. I just thought of all the times I heard people bitching about how Sandow needed to go to TNA where he'd be appreciated and used better whereas it's hard to think of any relevant name in a major promotion in the past 5 years used as badly as Sandow was in TNA.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Knockout Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

He was symptomatic of the clusterfuck of how the TNA booking had become at the time. Given the ownership problems, they had no direction. And got Sandow just so they could have a name there. Just the example of him coming in as a ultra serious straight talker who they tried to book as a babyface shoot fighter for the Grand Championship belt was really misguided at how to handle someone like this. Liberace was going to nuts on the other side. With Sandow, like any wrestlers, it is about dozage and about how to forge a character and it has to be done right, with all the right ingredients. You cannot be too goofy and you cannot be too serious, esp. with someone like Sandow. I mean that is why Savior of the Masses worked, cause he could be intense and badass when he wanted but there was always the element of irony. Like you enjoyed seeing him be a jerk. Sort of like Rusev.

I will say the loss of Galloway was also a big way due the ownership and booking troubles too notice how when everything started with the ownership issues, you started to see less and of less of Drew cause the wrestlers had less dates and he was taking all the dates he could in the UK and he became big over there. And it was around that time when Rex came in. And they had Drew play heel for some stupid reason and it didn'y fit him. So I was not shocked when Drew didn't re-sign with Impact. His mind had left the company a long time ago.