WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Blade's Avatar
Blade Blade is offline
"Original Blade"
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Posts: 1,839
Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Always Me View Post
I disagree with this - when you are a sports team fan you have loads of teams to choose from, and you support that team against all others. Example, I am a Stoke City football fan (soccer to the Americans), so I support them against all other teams when they play them. They are doing crap this season yet I will still watch and support them. WWE don't 'play' against other wrestling promotions in that sense, they won't play against TNA one week, then ROH the next etc, so it's a poor comparison. A better comparison would be against TV shows, which is what WWE is (the longest weekly episodic show in history i believe). I see what you are trying to do there, but you have failed.
It's not about the medium. It's about what's cool. People support Real Madrid because it's cool. Just like people wear nostalgia goggles when watching the Attitude Era because it was cool. Like, it's not a difficult point to grasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Always Me View Post
I am a fan of pro wrestling/WWE thank you very muchly. Using the word product as in 'todays product' is perfectly fine, its what WWE produces today, hence why I said it......
'Actually, I am.'

Great counterpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Always Me View Post
I have no desire to watch NJPW, Lucha Underground etc. I have watched WWF/WWE, WCW to an extend and also checked in on ECW and TNA over the years, they are all WRESTLING promotions, so that makes me a wrestling fan. Maybe not to the extent you are, but still a fan none the less.
That doesn't prove anything. I have friends who watched WWE, WCW, and ECW in the 90s, but would never classify themselves as a wrestling fan. They were bandwagoners as well.

Also, you have no desire to try out new wresting, the entertainment form you're arguing so hard to prove you're a fan of?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Always Me View Post
No it doesn't, me not wanting to watch other promotions means just that, I don't want to watch other promotions.
"I'm a wrestling fan. But I don't want to check out wrestling."

Killer logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Always Me View Post
My opinion is simple, WWE today is poor, I will still check in on spoilers on line every week and still watch old school stuff. Old school clips are still filled with wrestling, I will watch and enjoy so will once again say I am a fan, just not of todays product
Annnd there's that word again. "Product."

Professional wrestling is not a product, just like music and film aren't a product. WWE is the product. At the very most, you're a WWE fan, not a wrestling fan.

Like, how are you not getting this? It's not that hard.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Why Always Me's Avatar
Why Always Me Why Always Me is offline
WWF Champion
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 330
Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
It's not about the medium. It's about what's cool. People support Real Madrid because it's cool. Just like people wear nostalgia goggles when watching the Attitude Era because it was cool. Like, it's not a difficult point to grasp.
People support INSERT GREAT TEAM HERE because its cool. Well I don't, I support Stoke City, certainly not a great team. I liked the Attitude Era because it was entertaining, not because it was the cool thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
'Actually, I am.'

Great counterpoint.
Glad you agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
That doesn't prove anything. I have friends who watched WWE, WCW, and ECW in the 90s, but would never classify themselves as a wrestling fan. They were bandwagoners as well.
In your opinion, doesn't make your opinion right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Also, you have no desire to try out new wresting, the entertainment form you're arguing so hard to prove you're a fan of?
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
"I'm a wrestling fan. But I don't want to check out wrestling."

Killer logic.
Cheers - if I don't to watch New Japan, ROH, TNA etc thats my choice, I still like wrestling (WWF and a bit of WCW/ECW) of the old days, so that's more than one company that I watched. As I have said (I think), compared to you I am not a big a fan, but a fan none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Annnd there's that word again. "Product."
You spelled and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Professional wrestling is not a product, just like music and film aren't a product. WWE is the product. At the very most, you're a WWE fan, not a wrestling fan.

Like, how are you not getting this? It's not that hard.
Like, well, you know.......WWE is a product which I currently don't like. WWE is a product of wrestling, wrestling can be classed as a product with many different companies, depends on one's viewpoint. We have differing opinions, like I said to another negative nelly earlier, rather than attacking me, why don't you tell me what you like about today's product and we can have a chat about it in a positive and productive manner. Is that too much to ask?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The S#cial Sector View Post
What in the world were you smoking? I need some, like yesterday.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-07-2017, 07:48 AM
ShinChan's Avatar
ShinChan ShinChan is online now
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 2,247
ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Personally speaking, I think that you shouldn't stop wrestling at any cost especially at this time.

Why? Because you have numerous promotions catering to different viewers. Don't like Raw? Then watch Smackdown? Don't like Smackdown? See NXT. IMPACT Wrestling. ROH. NJPW. PWG. EVOLVE. Lucha Underground. So many promotions to chose from. You can chose anything you like. But you shouldn't stop watching without giving the chance to the other promotions. That's unfair.

I was watching just WWE until last year and now I have 60 different matches, allegedly very good, of different promotions. At the same time last year, I didn't watch anything other than WWE. You just need to give an opportunity to others. How can someone impress or disappoint you without being given an opportunity? Just an advise from a cartoon.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-07-2017, 09:18 AM
HeenanGorilla HeenanGorilla is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 422
HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller1979 View Post
I have a couple of questions.

If you are so over the product, why did you take the time to write a novel to tell people you are done?

And do you honestly think gives half a damn that you are stopping?
So, in your mind, his well-written, conversation-sparking opinion is irrelevant, while your cliché, butthurt response was worth typing?

As soon as I read the OP's post, I knew at least one baby would say something to the effect of "don't let the door hit you.." The guy was a fan of something for a long time and is now turned off by it. He chose to express his disappointment in a perfectly fine post on the forum.

Also, the title of the thread gave away what the guy was going to say. Why did you even click on it? You don't care that he is leaving the world of wrestling fandom, but you still thought you should click on the post and comment? How can you ask him who he think cares about his opinion, when you are doing the same thing? Actually, it's not the same thing. His was well done. Yours was nonsense.

To the other person who used the Bulls/MJ analogy, while I see your point, that actually does make sense. The Jordan days--Knicks vs. Bulls, for example--was a great time to watch basketball. There were heated rivalries that aren't there anymore. Today's game is very different and I don't watch it. I am just one person, of course, but it makes sense that as sports or WWE evolve, for better or worse, people's tastes will also change..or their tastes will stay the same and they will find something else to entertain them.

The other point of being a true fan or bandwagon fan may be correct. I am in the extreme minority because I am a "fan" of certain teams--meaning I hope they win when I watch them--but when they lose, it's immediately "What else is going on?" I am not a diehard fan of any team or genre. I like what I like. If someone asks me if I like...I don't know, Bon Jovi...my answer is always something like "sometimes". I like many of his songs and don't care for many of his songs. The majority of people seem to have much more passion for teams, bands or things like wrestling and that is perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with that at all! But, a lot of those people don't understand that other people have many interests and don't invest too much of themselves in a particular hobby. I remember I was rooting for the Giants against the Ravens in the Super Bowl. The Ravens won easily and as the game ended, my thought was "Oh cool! Goodfellas is on!" Like I said, I realize most people don't act or feel that way. But, my point is there are different kinds of fans.

For the OP, I understand. WWF actually was something I was in love with when I was 7-12 or 13 years old. I have still followed it sporadically through my 30s. But my true fandom was those 5-7 years. That was a much shorter period than the 16 years you mentioned. I still feel like I have a lifetime of memories from that short time period. Trips to the convenience store for WWF magazine, trips to Toys R Us to get LJN figures, trips to the video store to rent Survivor Series '87 and the music videos from Piledriver, the wrestling album (also listening to the actual wrestling albums), the Rock N Wrestling Cartoon, going to house shows, coloring books, lunchboxes, trading cards, ice cream bars. All that in a few years and I still cherish that time and those memories. I don't know how much you loved wrestling in your 16 years, but if I got so much out of 1/3 of the time, I can only imagine how much wrestling has meant to you. For that reason, I understand you wanting to vent or express your feelings about something you have decided to leave behind. I hope you find something else that brings you joy. As someone who has been in your shoes, I recommend keeping your finger on wrestling's pulse. Every once in a while--most recently, the Hardy's return at Mania--I still find myself "marking out" (which consists of a big smile and a thought of "awesome"). Haha--but while I understand how it feels to see something you love transform into something you don't even enjoy, I also see that it can still flashback to those times every once in a while.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices