WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Prepare to get not excited. Fans of the Hardys were going to have a tough time sticking with Impact, and this is a poor replacement.

The silliness of the Hardys is a valid criticism, and El Patron is is the opposite of silliness. He's a talented wrestler, but outside of Mexico he has the charisma of a broom.

That's not a race thing so much as it is a cultural thing. He gets over being a national hero, here he's just a bland guy. Looks like he basically does the Mexican aristocrat gimmick he got in WWE, but if he brings it to Impact it remains to be seen.

Hopefully they expand his character. If they're going to go full WWE with Alberto, they might as well bring in Ricardo Rodriguez. That guy brings all the charisma to the act.

IT shouldn't be the slightest surprise that Impact signed El Patron and vice versa. He's one of the biggest names in the indies (all criticism anyone has aside, this is an indisputable fact) and Mexico is a quick flight from Orlando. Working a one or two nights to create a few weeks of TV works in El Patron's favour.

Impact isn't going to find a golden goose with El Patron. WWE's cast offs will have increasingly diminishing returns as time goes on. He's not a bad get so long as they use him right.

That's the big thing, using him right. Pushing him straight to the world title scene would be a bad call. He's president of an MMA company, has his own MMA experience, so he seems a good candidate for the Grand Championship. That would be the best use, let him enter the world title scene (if they have to go there) later, much later.

Good signing, but he's not Kurt Angle. He's not even Christian. Most of his WWE world title wins came during a time when the World Heavyweight title was a midcard title and he mostly functioned as a transitional champion when he held the WWE title.

He'll be great if they use him right, otherwise they'll risk overexposing him like WWE did. They need to take a risk and develop a fresh character, otherwise here comes another WWE guy being pushed over Impact originals.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:35 PM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

I've seen far dumber moves by TNA. They filtered out many notable talents, for better or for worse. They needed an anchor and Alberto was the biggest free agent available. Not to mention, with TNA bringing many Latinamerican stars in, it only makes sense to make your centerpiece the top Latinamerican star available to best capitalize on that market. It's something a lot of people are overlooking about this signing. Alberto is in fact a big draw, not just for Mexico but for Latinamerica in general and also grabs some "perros gringos" eyes too.

They lost Galloway, The Hardys and Maria/Bennett. Alberto was in fact the best they could bring in as far as one name is concerned.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I have always loved him in the ring. As much as uninteresting he had looked in WWE due to his stale booking, He has the skills.

The same person was damn entertaining in Lucha Underground and same person was jobbing to Kalisto and who not in WWE. See the difference?

Hotshoting him straight to main event picture was again a wrong decision and I still stand against it. Build him up. Don't "Roman Reigns" him.

Also, I will like to see a face Alberto Del Rio here as he has been more of a heel in his stint in WWE. He's so much better as a face.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:42 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
I have always loved him in the ring. As much as uninteresting he had looked in WWE due to his stale booking, He has the skills.

The same person was damn entertaining in Lucha Underground and same person was jobbing to Kalisto and who not in WWE. See the difference?

Hotshoting him straight to main event picture was again a wrong decision and I still stand against it. Build him up. Don't "Roman Reigns" him.

Also, I will like to see a face Alberto Del Rio here as he has been more of a heel in his stint in WWE. He's so much better as a face.
He has skills, but oh my God watching paint dry is more exciting than listening to him talk. If he just comes out, gets in the ring, does what he does best and leaves, then okay. But when he tries to cut a promo he comes off looking like a plank most of the time. And this coming from someone who doesn't really mind him all that much.

But I said on another thread, TNA has signed a powderkeg here. He just might become more trouble than he's worth. With the mass exodus that just occurred last thing they need is a lot of bad press because he clocked someone at a Dunkin Donuts.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:39 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
He has skills, but oh my God watching paint dry is more exciting than listening to him talk. If he just comes out, gets in the ring, does what he does best and leaves, then okay. But when he tries to cut a promo he comes off looking like a plank most of the time. And this coming from someone who doesn't really mind him all that much.

But I said on another thread, TNA has signed a powderkeg here. He just might become more trouble than he's worth. With the mass exodus that just occurred last thing they need is a lot of bad press because he clocked someone at a Dunkin Donuts.
He ain't good at mic. But also what matters is his alignment. He worked damn good as a face in Lucha Underground. You should seriously check his work in Lucha Underground.

He won't work as a heel when he's jobbing to Kalisto of all people. In his second stint in WWE, he was given a lame MexAmerica angle and then stopped. We should better forget what League Of Nations was.

I surely would've preferred Adam Cole over him as he's a complete package.