WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-17-2017, 08:50 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Absolutes and ideologies are generally a bad idea in life. This is one of those absolutes that seems pointless. Why handcuff your self with this rule when you can balance between whatever WCW was trying to accomplish with their oversaturation of the title during the Monday Night Wars (which is unsustainable) and nothing?

It's not like the top titles get defended that much (see the post before mine). Yes, there are some instances where you wonder why WWE is doing this now but no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. Raw and SD have value too. They deserve some level of special attention. This is going too far.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:44 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Absolutes and ideologies are generally a bad idea in life. This is one of those absolutes that seems pointless. Why handcuff your self with this rule when you can balance between whatever WCW was trying to accomplish with their oversaturation of the title during the Monday Night Wars (which is unsustainable) and nothing?

It's not like the top titles get defended that much (see the post before mine). Yes, there are some instances where you wonder why WWE is doing this now but no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. Raw and SD have value too. They deserve some level of special attention. This is going too far.
I have to say, I have seen your posts forever and I can't remember one where I thought you had a good idea, or a point I agreed with, or weren't being contrary. So, the fact that you disagree reassures me that this is a good idea.

One point that you--and more importantly, others who have had worthwhile contributions to the thread--made is that there have not been many title defenses on TV. That is true, but doesn't exactly go against my idea. I know the champ has to be on TV nowadays much more than Hogan did in his era. But, he does not need to fight every week (title match or not). I think keeping him out of the ring MORE OFTEN (not always and not forever) would bring more value to his matches when they happen. I don't see anything absolute about this theory, but like I said, if that guy doesn't like it, it makes me think I am on to something.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
I have to say, I have seen your posts forever and I can't remember one where I thought you had a good idea, or a point I agreed with, or weren't being contrary. So, the fact that you disagree reassures me that this is a good idea.
It's not a good idea. While it may help make PPV events seem more important it is likely to hurt your gate, merchandise sales, and viewership for Raw and SD. While wrestling die-hards will continue to tune in, your average fan may figure, "Why should I watch if I know nothing big is going to happen?"

Lose that average fan for Raw and SD and you're more likely to lose them entirely as they find interest in other things.

Quote:
One point that you--and more importantly, others who have had worthwhile contributions to the thread--made is that there have not been many title defenses on TV. That is true, but doesn't exactly go against my idea. I know the champ has to be on TV nowadays much more than Hogan did in his era. But, he does not need to fight every week (title match or not). I think keeping him out of the ring MORE OFTEN (not always and not forever) would bring more value to his matches when they happen. I don't see anything absolute about this theory, but like I said, if that guy doesn't like it, it makes me think I am on to something.
Again, you have to remember your live audience who paid a heck of a lot more than the $10 a month PPV fan and may spend more on merchandise at the event. If you limit your champ more than necessary you run the risk of turning off your fans and losing them. You also hurt your champ's merchandise numbers.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I went to a SD taping and a champ AJ wasn't there only to cut a promo.

There are ways to make your champ seem more important but you don't need to limit their exposure.

And I'm not being a contrarian for the sake of it. You may think I dont know what I'm talking about but if you look in the grand scheme of things, Vince also doesn't agree with you.

P.S. - we agreed on Shaq at Mania.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 02-17-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the Warzone.

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm personally going to say yes, but with a slight catch. If a world champion does defend on TV; they should only do it once every several months so it feels more special or interesting. And if the champion defends his world title, then it should either be between, A; a plot point to continue a feud or B; against a throw away opponent who has no chance of winning but is here for the fans enjoyment or disgust. (Depending on if they are face or heel)
Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
GSB is correct, the champion needs to be there, let's face it that's who people pay money to see. If the company thinks this guy is the best one to hold their title belt, then I too would be pissed it I showed up and the champ didn't.

Lesnar having the belt wasn't a great idea as I said before. He disappeared for months and we never saw him or the title. What's the point of feuding away each week if the champ doesn't care about being there, and obviously the company feels the same way.

Now in the case of Owens, no he shouldn't have to put the title on the line every week because let's face it we and the crowd know he's not going to lose it. Very few times does the title change hands on RAW or SD, well except in the case of Charlotte but that's why she has going on right now.

What isn't a great idea is to have whoever is champion and the number one contender having a match each week. As far as I'm concerned they shouldn't even be in the same ring until the title fight. That's the problem the WWE has created for itself and something they can't seem to find their way out of. When the number one contender continually wins the TV matches, you pretty much know that guy ain't going to win at the PPV.

Keep the champions around, have them in matches, but don't have the title on the line. That way most fans should be happy.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:05 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I am all okay for Championship matches being on PPVs only. That way we're sure that Charlotte won't lose it and win it back, huh?

I won't want it like Brock's reign. No way should the world champion disappear like this. That too when there was only one world title unlike now.

Have title matches at PPVs, Build them through promos and interference and what not. Have the title defended on TV rarely like on a special occasion. Raw 1000, for example. The champion should appear on that particular week show, for sure.

If you want title matches on TV, give midcard title matches.