WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-09-2017, 12:05 AM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Regardless, there are a ton of great and good things about today's product. The problem is that there is so much content and so much bad that those are the things that get the most focus on the internet.

But yes, if you made highlight packages of each era and looked at them side by side, this would be the most enjoyable time period.
Looking at the highlights on the road to Wrestlemania 30 until right now I can honestly say I wouldn't trade the current content they put out for any realistic interpretation of a past era. It keeps me happy most of the time, and I've actually been able to watch entire Smackdown Live episodes and full segments from RAW.

The amount of bad in comparison to the Okay, Good, or even Great is easy to dismiss as a viewer unless you're ridiculously hypercritical about Pro-Wrestling. Literally the only time in my entire life where WWE has made me want to follow weekly and even put aside NJPW, Classic WWF, PWG, etc.

Shinsuke Nakamura in WWE: NXT, helped get my parents to watch WWE for the 1st time in decades. They actually enjoyed it to the extent, of wanting to go to a live show. WWE in this current Era has made me see more interest in NJPW, ROH, and Indys more than ever as well in every day life. It's doing right in more ways than we probably realize.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

The PG Era has been over for a few years now. It started to end around the time CM Punk had his infamous" pipebomb" promo. Then we had his 500-day title reign, the debut of the Shield and Wyatts, and Daniel's Bryan rise to the main event scene. We're firmly in the Reality/Network Era.

Although the PG Era had its moments, it was a pretty bad era. Cena's reign became stale, and his endless feud with Orton was even more stale. None of the young talent from this era really worked out - Swagger, Rhodes, DiBiase, Bourne, the Nexus, MVP, and many others. Sure they had their moments and some won world titles, but they never hit that next level. There was no reason to watch Smackdown. The divas couldn't wrestle. This may seem fairly minor, but Michael Cole was at his worst. This was during his heel announcer run, and sometimes he was just unwatchable.

I know I complain a lot, but this era will probably be one of the best eras WWE ever had. The talent level is ridiculous - Owens, the Shield, the Wyatts, Zayn, Cesaro, Nakamura, and Balor. Of course there's also Cena, Orton, and the part-timers. The storylines aren't great, but the wrestling is awesome.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote