WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

I used to really dislike Michael Cole, but now I feel like he gets too much hate. This may sound ridiculous, but he has a lot on him. Vince is probably screaming in his ear every five minutes, demanding him to say the things we ridicule him for saying. He also had to follow up Jim Ross, the best of all time. He had a lot of pressure on him. I wish Vince would let commentators (and wrestler) be themselves and not try to control everything. Michael Cole's commentary at the Best in the East network special was great. He was allowed to call the match and not forced to plug the Network or Twitter every five minutes.

I can certainly understand Cole wanting to transition to a backstage role. If he does, the question becomes who replaces him. I'm not really sure honestly. I would keep Mauro and JBL on SD as they have done a great job since the draft. As I said earlier, it's not going to be an easy job to take over, especially considering how much the play-by-play commentator is expected to do and say. Tom Phillips probably isn't ready. I don't see this happening for another two-three years.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:56 PM
Leading A Revolution
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

RedRegan1005 is looking to come up from OCW...RedRegan1005 is looking to come up from OCW...RedRegan1005 is looking to come up from OCW...

Maybe that's why WWE keeps cramming more guys on the commentary teams in hopes to find somebody who can eventually fill Coles spot. Because the booths are way too crowded. Three is the max, and at times doesn't work for me. Now they have four on Smackdown for some crazy reason. With Tom Phillips seemingly only there to transition from one thing to the next. Its just seems weird. And on top of that they've started paying to have Austin Aries come to raw just for whatever ten minute cruiser weight segment they throw on the show.

Despite my negative opinions on some of Coles work on commentary I'm forced to admit that if he was to up and leave the booth tomorrow it would leave WWE with a huge hole to fill. They really don't have anybody who could step in as the go to play by play commentator. Mauro Ranallo is great and I really like the way his commentary adds a more legit sports feel to the show. But if he went to raw then you would have that hole on Smackdown, and with the Brand split It seems important to have two grade A guys leading the commentary team on each show. The best new guy to me is Corey Graves, but as the heelish color commentator not the lead play by play guy.

In short, WWE has much more talent right now in former wrestlers/ color commentators. But very few options, only one in my opinion, when in comes to solid play by play guys who can be the "Voice of the WWE".