WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

I genuinely think this would've worked a lot better as a regular tournament with this rules. Call it "The Grand Slam Tournament", use it only on a specific time of the year in a specific show or pair of shows that they can build. The winner would get a World Title opportunity and a trophy. It would also force them to make changes to their TV and actually get the most of having very few PPV's.

The title in itself is just a novelty like someone said before me. It won't stick around and I don't even think people want it to stick around. It's just an hit on kayfabe, because we will be constantly reminded that the result is pre-determined and that takes us off a little.

Still not the worst decision in the world for now, as they can actually build cool stories around it. But when the time comes that the championship needs to die, then just let it die and merge with the World Championship. Don't force it, that's all I ask.

It's Damn Real
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Looks like I'm rolling with the masses here. I can appreciate a unique idea, yet not so much if it gives a fan like myself too much to read into for the stipulations. Be outside the box and try it out, by all means. At the same time keep things as simple as possible. Build feuds around the belt to make it important and not just another prop (even though it is).
Old 10-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Future Endeavored

American Male is looking to come up from OCW...

The matches seem to be a bit more stiff so I liked that.

It's something different which is good to see.

The only problem I have with it is they don't explain who these judges are , they don't provide any background info on why there qualified to score a wrestling match.

Like they do in UFC.

They should of gotten some old veterans to score the matches and maybe a couple of wrestling journalist. like Dave Meltzer and Wade Keller.

It would of made it feel a bit more legitimate.

Last edited by American Male : 10-05-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:44 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It surely is an out-of-box idea to create a MMA-style match up in professional wrestling.

My problem is that time period of a round is very less. 3 minutes isn't the right limit. 5 minutes would be much better as shown by Rex Vs Edwards at Bound For Glory.

I hope that it lasts long enough but I am doubtful about it.

If it doesn't work then just create a midcard title without some gimmick entitlement and keep it for a long period.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:52 AM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Now that corgan is gone will TNA merge the grand title with the heavyweight title?
Old 11-15-2016, 07:19 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoV1 View Post
Now that corgan is gone will TNA merge the grand title with the heavyweight title?
I hope not.

But it could happen. Because TNA has a history of not sticking with a midcard title for much long time. Consistency is what lacks in TNA's midcard title.

Plus, Aron Rex became inaugral champion who's still the champ. Give it some time. We haven't even seen a title change until now.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:17 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

So For the first time since the championship was created, i finally saw the flaws in this concept and ended shaking my head and laughing after the end of a match. What i'm talking about his this week match between drew galloway and Moose.

What went wrong with the booking of this match, the first round went super well and you could believe that either one could have won the round, then round 2 happened and galloway is in control for most of the round except for a spot on the outside when moose powerbomb him on the apron. In a real fight the round would have been score for galloway but because it'S a fix fight and you want to build some drama, they give the round to moose which even you play by play guy thought was a dumb move.

Finally round 3 and the ending of the match, i got nothing against having the match stop because of a low blow because that what they would do normally in a real match, my problem was that they really never explain that rule before and really what stopping anybody now to use that rules to they're advantage and hit their finisher after the match resume.

This was a really poor booked match and it exposes the concept to much in my opinion, that's to bad because i think but guys could have a great match together if they didn'T have all that crap to deal with.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

Drop the judging part of it and make the matches 15 minute timed limit, they've tried a new concept, but for me, the novelty of it has wore off and it's hindering the matches more than helping.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:07 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

While this isn't the most vital thing in the world, certainly not compared with the overall concept, I have to say that the championship belt has to be a genuine contender for the ugliest I've ever seen. It's a unique, one of a kind design and that's something to be applauded, but that still doesn't mean that it's a good design or one that's not hurtful to look at.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria