WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-13-2016, 04:25 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudlup50 View Post
I'm always confused by why people would want this so hopefully you can explain it to me. I get that currently there aren't enough women to run 2 divisions but wouldn't the simple solution be to expand the women's rosters of both shows? If the point of the whole Diva's/Women's revolution was to establish them as an integral part of the show and every bit as much a draw as the men, segregating them to one show would argue against that! I think the best thing to do is to actually build the women's divisions, being as the WWE doesn't seem to care how many programs they air why not have a weekly show for the Women wrestlers a la 205 Live? It can be a brandless show.

I also wanna say that the brand split has done wonders for the women of Smackdown, Becky Lynch was getting buried underneath Charlotte and Sasha like how Bayley is now, she goes to Smackdown and has really recovered her brand if you will. Alexa Bliss would not have gotten a shot either on Raw. One division would bury these women into the bottom of the card. Even Carmella has been built up by the brand split, the only women who haven't are Raw women, at least to me
In order to expand the rosters where do you get the wrestler's from. Last time they stripped NXT of most of their women, and had to bring in Mickie James to face Asuka at NXT Takeover Toronto. While that wasn't a bad thing, you need more than 6-8 women per roster to make up a good division.

Do you remember the tag team division of a couple of years ago. The Uso's carried that on their backs, as the WWE was down to scrambling to fit people together to face them. This is what we are seeing happen with the women's roster right now on both shows.

You have Tamina out with an injury, Eva Marie has been on suspension and even though it's up, where is she. Emma was supposed to be back and isn't. They don't know how to book Naomi for shit and Paige is out indefinitely. So right now you have Sasha and Charlotte on RAW, Becky and Alexa and Nikki and Carmela on SD in decent feuds. The rest are just sort of doing nothing.

So even with a smaller division they aren't booking them properly. Plus if you move the tag teams to SD and put all the women on RAW or vice versa, you will free up time on both shows to book more than a couple of decent feuds. We don't have to see Nikki and Carmella every week or Charlotte and Sasha do we? Seriously I have little confidence in the RAW creative team that they can do anything. Last night for the first time in a long time we got a decent RAW, usually it's the drizzling shits. SD viewer wise is a much more exciting show to watch.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

1) The Royal Rumble: Shinsuke Nakamura comes in at #28. Samoa Joe comes in at #30. Joe will beat up Goldberg, and Nakamura will deliver the Kinshasa to Brock Lesnar, knocking him out of the RR. The Final Six will be Goldberg, Joe, Nakamura, Rusev, Chris Jericho, and....James Ellsworth. Ellsworth will get thrown around like a rag doll. Goldberg and Joe will be pounding each other...until Rusev comes in and knocks them both over the top. Jericho and Nakamura will be pounding each other. With Jericho down, Nakamura Kinshasas Rusev, but then Jericho attacks Nakamura. Rusev tries to dump both over the top, but goes over the top himself. Jericho and Nakamura wind up on the floor, but not over the top rope. So....James Ellsworth WINS the Royal Rumble....Or, so he thinks...Chris Jericho comes back into the ring and delivers the Codebreaker, and dumps Ellsworth over the top. Chris Jericho WINS the Royal Rumble...Or, so HE thinks....he turns around....and into a Kinshasa from Nakamura! Jericho gets dumped over the top and SHINSUKE NAKAMURA WINS THE 2017 ROYAL RUMBLE! He will face AJ Styles in the Main Event at Wrestlemania for the WWE Strap

2) Wrestlemania: Bayley is told she will have to go through the Winner of the Women's Classic for her shot at Charlotte's strap. Those plans are changed when Stephanie tells Bayley that if she wants to defeat Charlotte, she needs to defeat one of the greatest female wrestlers in history. SO, the buildup is Bayley is contacting everyone from Trish Stratus ("Bayley, I am done with wrestling! No, Bayley, I am not your opponent! I'm hanging up! Bye!") to Wendi Richter ("Are you for real?!? Stephanie's scumbag father screwed me!" "click") to Alundra Blayze (Bayley, I have not been in a ring in almost 20 years! I am not going back now!") So, at the going home RAW, Bayley defeats a local female. And is wondering out loud who this "legend" is. Then, the lights go out. When they come back on, and older Asian woman in black is standing in front of Bayley. And, proceeds to beat Bayley all over the ring. Stephanie comes out and says "Bayley, I did say you would be facing a legend. I did not say that it was a WWE legend. But, a legend in this business. Allow me to introduce to you your opponent at WrestleMania. The woman considered by many the greatest of all time. Bayley, meet Manami Toyota! Good luck at WrestleMania, Bayley." Stephanie then sneers, "You'll need it!"

3) In a match that will be considered one of the greatest WM matches in history (Meltzer, LaBar, Tokyo Sports and Slyfox will call it MOTY at the end of 2017) Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles will fight a 37 minute war in the Main Event. Kinshasas and Styles Clashes galore. Kicks, punches, chops, lots of strong stuff. Both men beat each other to within an inch of their lives. Kevin Dunn and VKM are having coronaries in the back. Shane, Trips and Stephanie are whooping it up like kids at the spectacle. The crowd has been going cuckoo the entire match. One final Kinshasa, and Shinsuke Nakamura defeats AJ Styles, at 37:25, and becomes the the first Asian to become the duly-recognized WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Be back later with 4 and 5. They will be doozies.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky

1. Bobby Roode will be a World/Universal champion during the second half of the year.
2. The Revival will end the New Days record tag title reign.
3. John Cena will tie the world title record, and will not turn heel.
4. The Broken Hardy boys will appear on WWE programming.
5. The WWE Network will expand with its Indy territory programming. Either ROH will sell to the WWE or TNA will finally go under
6. NXT goes live on Wednesdays, goes 90 minutes, 205 Live moves to Wednesday nights following NXT and films from Full Sail.

The WWE is gonna be very unpredictable in 2017. The Network has changed the way we should think they do business. There is a real possibility the WWE will have at least 5 traveling brands (Raw,SD, 205 Live, NXT, WWE UK).

Old 12-31-2016, 08:00 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...

1. CM Punk will wrestle again....for New Japan Pro Wrestling

NJPW need a few major attractions, Punk could do with the payday and it keeps the idea that he's an outsider going for any eventual WWE comeback. Plus its an FU to Vince from Punk and from New Japan for poaching AJ and Nakamura

2. The Shield will reunite....as a heel stable with Triple H turning babyface

I think all of Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose could do with a character change so why not reunite them and switch things up by having Triple H as a babyface GM on Raw?

3. WWE Raw will have an hour cut and become a two hour show again

The ratings aren't good, something needs to change to get the flagship show's numbers moving again and I think this will allow WWE negotiate the timing of the show.

4. WWE will trial and possibly launch a Network only women's wrestling show

They have the talent there and they need original content for the Network so why not try a Network show built around Asuka, Bayley, Charlotte etc. and see if the show can go from there similar to the 205Live show?

5. Daniel Bryan will wrestle against AJ Styles in 2017

Bryan v Miz is in the works for Mania and I think Bryan goes over and shows Vince he's not fully done yet. That leads to Daniel Bryan v AJ Styles in a dream match at Summerslam 2017.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:48 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Since when has Orton and Cena been a 20 year veteran? 15 years is nearer the mark!

Orton retiring doesn't make a lot of sense, but I can see him leaving WWE for a bit and maybe either heading to Japan or just taking a break. Whether it's wellness related remains to be seen... he tends to have a "blip" every few years where he does something stupid... but at this stage he really is the "lost in the shuffle" guy like Jericho was when he first left. 2 or 3 years away, for the fans to really miss him and he could come back for one last big run.

As for my bold predictions...

1) Nakamura vs The Miz at Wrestlemania...and they change places.. We're not getting Bryan, but I can see them using it to bring Shinsuke up with Bryan making the stip that if The Miz wins, he loses his GM job... but if Miz loses he has to go to NXT rather than RAW. That way you can have some way for Regal to be involved too with the negotiatons. Miz goes to NXT for 3 or 4 months (or takes a break while he "sues") and helps build some of the guys down there like Bobby Roode so that when they're on the main roster later in the year - they can go into the title picture quickly and have a ready built enemy.

2) Money in The Bank returns to Wrestlemania
The IC ladder match has run its course, it requires a direct equivalent on whichever brand doesn't get that PPV. So it makes more sense to bring it back to Mania and have 3 brands represented (maybe even 4 if you count 205) so theres a way to bring NXT talent up or move Neville etc. back into the top title picture.

3) Vince McMahon has a medical situation that takes him off TV permanently
Everytime I see Vince I get the sense something is gonna happen. His "not sleeping" mentality is gonna catch up with him...those bags under his eyes, the repeated quad injuries and yes, the roid use.

They're gonna catch up. Vince is the sort of guy that if ANYTHING happens that damages his look, he's gonna not be on TV. He'd hate having to use a cane or the like and "look" like an old man. There's been talk of sight issues in the last few years... I hope nothing bad happens, but I just get the feeling we and WWE are "due" a big problem and Vince is prime for it.

4) Shane McMahon is named Vince's Successor as Chairman
Whether the above happens or not, there clearly seems to be some succession planning going on. Shane is onscreen becoming the "more important" McMahon and will be having an impact backstage as well. With China opening up for WWE, Shane becoming the main man after Vince is more important than ever. He has the pedigree and experience of being in that market and many of the players will want to deal with him... not Steph or Trips. Add to this Linda's new responsibilities taking her away from the business... it means Steph is gonna be needed elsewhere and Vince needs to be out of the "firing line where he can damage her (or the administration).

Pretty much you'll end up with Shane in Vinces role, Steph in Lindas and Trips in charge of the wrestling product by the end of this year

5) CM Punk returns to WWE with Connor McGregor in tow.

I don't think he'll have to "apologise" although it might be a funny skit for them to run with he and Shane. They fell out, but lawsuits can be smoothed over. Ultimately Chris Annan isn't bigger than the company. If they need CM Punk back then it happens and he has to accept it or move on. Punk coming back makes sense if they can get Connor for an appearance in his corner to set something up with him/them for next Wrestlemania.

I could imagine a Summerslam appearance for Connor, where he gets in someones face and looks like he's gonna get overrun... very similar to Foley's "I didn't come alone" speech against Evolution that saw the Rock return... It would play well that to get Connor they had to let him bring someone with him they didn't want to etc... Cult of Personality hits and Punk and Connor do a 2-man Power Trip deal... Let's face it, once he gets his fight with Mayweather he's going to want to promote it everywhere... with Floyd being a WWE alumnus too, then he might come along too!

6) A Roster Member Passes Away
As with Vince, I get the sense we and WWE are "due" one - not seeing a Benoit type situation but an Eddie type death. There are a few guys who have done damage to themselves in the past or had issues. Someone like Regal who has had heart issues linked to his former drug use or someone who has clearly roided in the past. Of course accidents can happen too. Sadly I won my friends "Dead Pool" by calling Randy Savage and Amy Winehouse in the same year... I can see a very tragic one this year if 2016 was anything to go by.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 01-16-2017 at 12:54 PM.