WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-14-2017, 02:32 PM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
I admit that I forgot about Alexa Bliss, so shame on me. She does a great job as a heel on the blue brand, she's especially great at using her facial expressions to sell and she's capable of a lot more inside the ring.

It's been reported that Roman Reigns is the first babyface in history to win the Most Hated award, garnering some 25% of the vote so it wasn't a landslide. The various runners up were announced earlier this morning:

PWI Wrestler of the Year - AJ Styles
1st Runner Up- Roman Reigns
2nd Runner Up- Kevin Owens
3rd Runner Up- Dean Ambrose

PWI Tag Team of the Year- New Day
1st Runner Up- The Young Bucks
2nd Runner Up- Enzo Amore & Big Cass
3rd Runner Up- The Revival

PWI Feud of the Year - Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair
1st Runner Up - John Cena vs. AJ Styles
2nd Runner Up - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
3rd Runner Up - Dean Ambrose vs. AJ Styles

PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year - Shinsuke Nakamura
1st Runner Up - Dean Ambrose
2nd Runner Up - Bayley
3rd Runner Up - Enzo Amore & Big Cass

PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year - Roman Reigns
1st Runner Up - Kevin Owens
2nd Runner Up - The Miz
3rd Runner Up - Eva Marie

PWI Comeback of the Year - Goldberg
1st Runner Up - Seth Rollins
2nd Runner Up - Chris Jericho
3rd Runner Up - Matt Hardy

PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - The Miz
1st Runner Up - TJ Perkins
2nd Runner Up - Kenny Omega
3rd Runner Up - Dalton Castle

PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year - Bayley
1st Runner Up - Cody Rhodes
2nd Runner Up - Seth Rollins
3rd Runner Up - Dean Ambrose

PWI Rookie of the Year - Nia Jax
1st Runner Up - Lio Rush
2nd Runner Up - Matt Riddle
3rd Runner Up - Shayna Baszler

PWI Woman of the Year - Charlotte Flair
1st Runner Up - Sasha Bayley
2nd Runner Up - Bayley
3rd Runner Up - Becky Lynch

PWI Lifetime Achievement Award - Dick Beyer

It is really interesting to see Roman Reigns as both the Most Hated Wrestler of the Year and also the 1st Runner Up in the Wrestler of the Year category as well. Intriguing, to say the least.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:21 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I won't comment on all of the categories because they pretty much stack up as they should. Of course, some are up for debate but there's nothing spectacularly ludicrous about any of the choices. I guess Strowman wasn't up for Rookie of the Year because he debuted in 2015?

While many may disagree with Nia being awarded ROTY, she really has had a good year all things considered. I'm guessing NXT is taken into consideration given the fact that Nakamura was voted most popular so, when you take that into account, I would argue she did have a better year than Alexa Bliss. She was a relatively big player in NXT, bigger than Bliss at least, and has been booked strongly since debuting on Raw. This also tells me that many people still view Raw as the unrivaled A show in the WWE.

Roman as most hated is a no-brainer. There really isn't anybody that deserves it more from a non-kayfabe standpoint. He has to be really hated to have beaten The Miz.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:13 PM
WZCW's Tony Mancini & Milenko
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

All but one I think hit the nail on the head and that the Rookie of the Year.

Nia Jax was only decent in NXT. She got her big matches because she's a believable monster in the Women's division and putting her up against any face will garner them a lot of sympathy. On RAW she's decent. She's been in a lot of squash matches and seems to slowly be moving up. Overall she's decent.

On the other hand there's Alexa Bliss. In NXT she was most known for being the Valet for a fairly forgettable tag team. On Smackdown she had become the top heel of the Women's division and arguably the best woman on the entire Smackdown roster.

The award went to someone who has been consistently decent in 2016 while it should have gone to someone who grew leaps and bounds in 2016
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:00 PM

jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...

Man how i miss the days when the PWI year end issue was must read and the votes legit now it's just a WWE propaganda with fixed results.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:35 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

These results kinda shows how much of a dilemma wwe as with roman reigns in my opinion. Their a small percentage of fans that hated the guy yet the a small percentage that actually like the guy and we're ready to vote for him for wrestler of the year. So if your wwe what to you do, do you listen to does who hate him and turn him heel or do you listen to those who like him enough to vote for him as wrestler of the year and keep him babyface.

The guys is starting to get more and more mix reactions lately which says to me that they are doing something right with him if more and more male fans are willing to buy roman reigns merchandise then at this same date last year.

So knowing how he won the most hated award by that small of a percentage tells me that they should just stay the course with him and just go with a twinner character like they've been doing.