WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you want to see Brock Lesnar Vs Goldberg III at Wrestlemania 33?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 14 73.68%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-08-2017, 03:17 AM
Pika's Avatar
Pika Pika is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 196
Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'm thinking of Brock vs Ambrose at Mania last year, and what Goldberg did to the man who ended the streak at Survivor Series. This prevents them from having two separate matches as well as wraps up the entire Survivor Series deal and the idea of the last WWE game. They brought him back, and clearly invested into him and his return to make it worth it.

So in hopes they'll book this as a big match and with a little proper booking and Heyman promos it'll come off great in execution to. So I mean they keep what they invested in going and the comparable past with the current state of many people on Raw or Smackdown I wouldn't mind a safe match. The other foreseeable options are less appealing than a match I'd barely want to watch to begin with. So in the current context I'll say yes. Maybe things will change after Rumble.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 21
Posts: 1,192
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

I've said it before, for me, it would have been better if they faced different opponents at WM and extend their feud for Summerslam. I've also explained my reasons, but a quick summary is that I feel that their match along with a potential Cena-Taker would overshadow everything else on that show and also make the world titles mean less.

My first suggestion was:
Owens vs Goldberg for the belt
Lesnar vs Reigns
Balor vs Y2J
Rollins vs HHH.

Now it looks like Y2J vs Owens is happening at WrestleMania. No problem with that. There can still be other matches.

Y2J vs Owens
Goldberg vs Reigns
HHH vs Rollins
Lesnar vs Wyatt
Cena vs Taker
Styles vs Orton

My main argument was that the moment Goldberg loses a singles match, his mystique will be gone. So why not use Goldberg's star to give a rub to someone else and then continue the Lesnar feud, which will be money no matter what?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:07 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,295
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
I've said it before, for me, it would have been better if they faced different opponents at WM and extend their feud for Summerslam. I've also explained my reasons, but a quick summary is that I feel that their match along with a potential Cena-Taker would overshadow everything else on that show and also make the world titles mean less.

My first suggestion was:
Owens vs Goldberg for the belt
Lesnar vs Reigns
Balor vs Y2J
Rollins vs HHH.

Now it looks like Y2J vs Owens is happening at WrestleMania. No problem with that. There can still be other matches.

Y2J vs Owens
Goldberg vs Reigns
HHH vs Rollins
Lesnar vs Wyatt
Cena vs Taker
Styles vs Orton

My main argument was that the moment Goldberg loses a singles match, his mystique will be gone. So why not use Goldberg's star to give a rub to someone else and then continue the Lesnar feud, which will be money no matter what?
since it seems like goldberg is willing to stick around for a while, why not have roman reigns win the universal belt at the rumble and have the reigns vs goldberg match at mania be for the championship. Jericho vs owens really doesn'T need the championship to attract fans plus it would make that match less predictable and give the goldberg match something extra.

Then have goldberg beat reigns for the title and do like they did 2 years ago with lesnar, bring goldberg out for one or 2 ppv to defend the championship until he defends against lesnar at summerslam and lesnar gets his win back.

That's just an idea i had because the universal belt really needs to feel like a world title and booking the belt that way would really help the championship look like it's on the same level as the WWE championship.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:12 AM
JoeMallard's Avatar
JoeMallard JoeMallard is online now
Registered User
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 344
JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
since it seems like goldberg is willing to stick around for a while, why not have roman reigns win the universal belt at the rumble and have the reigns vs goldberg match at mania be for the championship. Jericho vs owens really doesn'T need the championship to attract fans plus it would make that match less predictable and give the goldberg match something extra.

Then have goldberg beat reigns for the title and do like they did 2 years ago with lesnar, bring goldberg out for one or 2 ppv to defend the championship until he defends against lesnar at summerslam and lesnar gets his win back.

That's just an idea i had because the universal belt really needs to feel like a world title and booking the belt that way would really help the championship look like it's on the same level as the WWE championship.
If Owens was booked correctly, that title would actually mean something, but Vince would rather have him make Reigns look strong just like everyone else Reigns feuds with. Fans hated seeing Lesnar's hold the belt and being gone, it would be the exact same with Goldberg. No one wants a part time champ anymore and it's been like that since the unnecessary Rock win just to put over Cena in the boring Twice in a Lifetime match.

Last edited by JoeMallard : 01-09-2017 at 01:14 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-09-2017, 05:08 AM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,295
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
If Owens was booked correctly, that title would actually mean something, but Vince would rather have him make Reigns look strong just like everyone else Reigns feuds with. Fans hated seeing Lesnar's hold the belt and being gone, it would be the exact same with Goldberg. No one wants a part time champ anymore and it's been like that since the unnecessary Rock win just to put over Cena in the boring Twice in a Lifetime match.
I wouldn't say that fans hated seeing lesnar hold the belt part time because if memory serve me right, lesnar became even more over with the live crowd when he was champion, so maybe it's just the iwc that was complaining, I don't know but it didn't really seems to bother the live crowd just like when the rock won the belt.

As for your reigns comment, it really makes no sense since owens as been champion since august and was feuding with rollins until december and the universal championship was made to look like a mid card title since owens won it and hhh disappeared. So how is this reigns fault since he hasn't been in the title picture until december ?

That's just my opinion but I think that you need to make your main titles feel special again and having a part time champion help makes your championship mean something. And outside of the IWC, who really complains about not seeing the main champion every weeks?

Not a lot of them, it makes the champion feels special when he not around every single weeks wrestling on tv. But that just my opinion.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Radical's Avatar
Radical Radical is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 559
Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post

That's just my opinion but I think that you need to make your main titles feel special again and having a part time champion help makes your championship mean something. And outside of the IWC, who really complains about not seeing the main champion every weeks?

Not a lot of them, it makes the champion feels special when he not around every single weeks wrestling on tv. But that just my opinion.
Fair point. When Lesnar was the WWE (part-time) Champ the last time it seemed to work pretty good. The way he won it so emphatically made him seem extra special and the subsequent title matches he was still so dominant he did provide a different level of prestige given to the title that wasn't the same before.

But the question is, did that help the WWE in any long-term way? Did the WWE gain more regular fans that they didn't already have? Did it lead to more PPV buys/Network buys and merchandise increases? Was it significant enough to warrant such a stunt?

On the possible negative side, did some regular fans get turned off by a part-time champ after seeing his matches become pretty formulaic and short?

WWE fans are different than pro wrestling fans were before. The cats out of the bag about pre-determined outcomes and fans demand quality matches and if they aren't quality wrestling they the story has got to be interesting enough to warrant a shorter match with less impressive wrestling. And a "Big guy" who is "unstoppable" alone is not a big enough story anymore.


Basically, I'm just playing devil's advocate and asking if the previous attempts at putting the main title on a part-timer such as Lesnar or The Rock was significantly beneficial in the long term to warrant doing it again with either Lesnar again or Goldberg?


My guess is that if storylines among the CURRENT full-time stars was interesting enough and actually MUST-SEE then it would satisfy most current fans more than it would be worth it to try and find some 'super famous' part-timer to carry the title for a while to try and get some sort of new or better attention on the product.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices