WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlairFan2003 View Post
I suspect Henning got in posthumously but in because despite substance issues he did not have a bad rep for working with talent behind the scenes.

Sid to me is not HOF material. He was constantly fired time & again for a variety of bad for business moves, such as WM 8 & The Hotel Stabbing, but he also was a lazy worker (with a rep for no showing matches so he could play in his soft ball league) and a very one dimensional character. Yes, there are others who basically played one character their entire career with little change or nuance in the HOF (Steamboat, Zybysko, Bruno) but the rest of their resumes dont have anywhere near the blemishes of Sid.

Steiner I am not a fan of personally, but when yoh combine the success he & Rick had as a team with his NwO run circa Big Poppa Pump (which was insanely over in 98 & 99) his body of work merits induction. However, he has been so nasty to Vince, HBK, HHH, Flair & Hogan I cant see WWE even being willing to give him a microphone!. I know that HHH worked hard behind the scenes to mend fences between WWE & U-Warrior as well as B. Sammartino, but Steiner was never on par with them star wise. Warrior was a huge star & one of the most memorable characters to come out of the 1980s, even if the bulk of his career was short. Sammartino was the champion they built the company on!!! Steiner realistically was a 2nd tier star most of his career (in tag teams no less) with great in ring work & little gimmick, who VERY BRIEFLY reinvigorated himself with a great gimmick and joined the top tier of the industry. He just doesnt based on his career and his anti WWE family bashing deserve the same kind of out reach that UW & Bruno got. If he hadnt gone so far out of his way to insult and belittle so many people then yes, I would have no issue putting him in.

Lex Luger had a much better career than Steiner & clearly deserves induction but I think the spectre of Elizabeth's death is something WWE doesnt want rehashed in the media if he were ever inducted. He has worked behind the scenes and was even in the crowd when The Four Horsemen were inducted, but the potential for negative press coverage re hashing Liz I think keeps him out of the HOF.

Ole Anderson for that matter should have gone in with The Horsemen but he has maintained a very nasty attitude towards Vince & WWE (and been pretty insulting to Flair, Arn, Dusty Rhodes, and I think Sting too). He was supposedly approached informally about the induction to gauge his attitude & it was pretty negative so he was left off.

Realistically, I would leave Sid out, his body of work and laundry list of negatives preclude him....

Induct The NwO as a group and include Hogan, Hall, Nash, Steiner, & Bischoff as the key players

I would have included Ole with Horsemen and maybe Luger....

If Luger wasnt part of The Horsemen induction I would have given him one on his own.

That's just me though
@FlairFan2003 Scott Steiner was destined to become a superstar as early as the early 1990s, but backstage politics, injuries and media heresay about his attitude problems changed his career trajectory from star to role player and social media didn’t exist back then. With society being politically correct, do you really think today’s social media hates him because he is anti-PC speaking his own mind. Look at Steve "Sting" Borden, I don't see Sting holding so much ill will towards Bischoff and McMahon because Sting's probably not a repulsive human being as the non-conformist who pissed away his monster talents in various ways and has a hard time fitting into wrestling companies such as Memphis, NWA/WCW, WWF/E and TNA.

Scott Steiner was a talented wrestler, undoubtedly, but maybe it was his attitude but he never seemed to buy into drawing fans into the seats in arena crowds or working as a company guy and a wrestler. For example, there's almost no reason for a wrestler to go into the business for himself doing nothing but shoot promos. He often seemed like he was playing for numbers and his reputation of being a superstar crybaby diva (even with Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Triple H, Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff running the show) seems to support this. There's a reason that Scott Steiner essentially became MUCH,......MUCH more WORTHLESS than Diamond Dallas Page, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Randy Savage, Sycho Sid Vicious, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair, Sting, Bill Goldberg, Booker T, Stevie Ray and even his older brother Rick Steiner. Eventually, Scott Steiner will be labelled as the type of wrestler who disrupted the flow of whatever wrestling companies he's been in. Even as a veteran with a respectable skill set, most wrestling companies have learned to stop caring and shipping him off to other wrestling companies just as they seem to get really disappointed in Scott Steiner real quick each time he wears out his welcome. His attitude, his arrogance, his criticisms whenever he didn't get his way on the wrestling companies he worked for ... he just never seemed like a team player.

Scott Steiner wanted a big salary, Scott Steiner wanted to be a star and Scott Steiner wanted to be on a wrestling company that was a winning company.. but Scott Steiner rarely seemed to shut up and play ball. Not only that, but Steiner engaged in some accused violent behavior. Scott's feuds with Hogan, Flair, DDP, HHH, Michaels, Vince, Bischoff, Bill Watts and Stephanie didn't help his cause. So sorry, but Scott Steiner's a lost cause and if you want to read a dictionary that decides who is the biggest wrestler to have pissed away his monster talents in various ways, Scott would have to be at the top of the list. And Scott Steiner is also forever gonna be known as someone who NOT to be as a professional wrestler. Future wrestlers looking to make a mark for himself shall not dare to be blackballed the way Steiner has. Konnan even did a shoot interview where he warned Steiner that his temper will one day land him in jail like Dylann Roof.

BOTTOM LINE: "Scott Steiner's just an example of those one-trick pony second-tier wrestlers who has too much of an ego and let it get to his head in my opinion. He is either a Donald Trump, an Alex Jones or he is an Elliot Rodger. Scott Steiner is just a BAD SEED." ~ says Smark

Last edited by TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP : 01-03-2017 at 11:45 PM.