WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

ramblinroy682 is looking to come up from OCW...ramblinroy682 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the merger with GFW is fine if they are going for getting a new name, but I would go a different route. I would go with either Anthem Sports Entertainment, ASE, The ASE of Professional Wrestling or Anthem Wrestling Association. Because TNA has a stigma attached to it and if I were a new owner, I'd want to distance myself from it as much as I am able. Sure, we could keep the video library, but I'd be selling this as a new company. Here are a few things I would do right off the bat:

1. Go to a 4-sided, traditional wrestling ring. TNA is connected to the six sided ring. Go to 4. Wrestlers have been on record stating they like the 4 sided ring better.

2. If you have to tape ahead of time, which from a cost saving standpoint makes sense, then I would change the order of my live events. In the past, TNA has always gone live and taped the follow ups including the end of feuds/storylines. Instead of giving away my ending, I'd have my live event be the finale of whatever big storyline is going on. If we're building to Lashley vs. Carter have that be the "live event" at the next round of TV tapings. That way you blow off a feud and get folks to tune in to see what the resolution will be. You can also often start the next feud as a part of that progression. Think the same way you want folks to tune in to the PPV.

3. Rebrand all championships:
-ASE/AWA/etc World Wrestling Champion - Be sure to leave out the term Heavyweight. In today's wrestling, many times your champ might be a smaller guy. By including the word heavyweight, that implies you have a smaller division. Don't bring attention to the size of the participant unless you have too.

-No more X-Division or Grand Champion - I would go with the ASE/AWA/etc Heritage Wrestling Championship. This division would be a throwback to the days of pure wrestling. Enforce the rules of many years ago. No Closed fists, no throws over the top rope, no hair pulling, tight grabbing, strict 5 counts, etc. Really try to limit the action to in-ring action. You can still have off the top rope moves fancy things, but it seems like every match has a suicide dive, a chair shot, etc. Make this stand out from ROH, WWE, 205, etc. I'd also have this division focus on the true competition aspect of wrestling. Make this division about the physicality and competition. When a wrestler competes in a Heritage Division match, count the wins and losses, have a ranking system. I could see a guy like Davey Richards being the initial champion here. Save the shenanigans for the for the World Title Matches. Occasionally, you could have a foreign object or cheating in this division, but keep it out for the most part.

-Rebrand the tag titles and focus on building teams here. The Hardy's, Decay, DCC are fine, but bring in some other talent.

4. Focus on building new stars and developing personas that drive people to watch. Don't give to much power to the Hardy's. Build guys like Eli Drake, Ethan Carter, Mike Bennett, Bram, Trevor Lee, etc. Take time to introduce us to what drives them. If you look at the guys who have had the most success over the last year or two, it's been guys who were given depth to their characters. Ethan Carter has been the best example.

5. Get a new creative team. Find a guy like Triple H who's smart about the business, understands what it takes to be a top guy, and will put in the time and effort to build the brand. You wish you could trust a guy like Scott Hall. Maybe it is Matt Hardy, but I wouldn't do to much of the campy stuff like Deletion.

6. Be unscripted. You don't have the finances to hire great writers. Let the guys talk and be themselves.

I think you could have some good success with a few tweaks to the roster and a some of these steps. TNA will never be WWE. TNA needs to focus on being better than ROH and retaking the title as the best US non WWE wrestling company.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:01 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinroy682 View Post
I think the merger with GFW is fine if they are going for getting a new name, but I would go a different route. I would go with either Anthem Sports Entertainment, ASE, The ASE of Professional Wrestling or Anthem Wrestling Association. Because TNA has a stigma attached to it and if I were a new owner, I'd want to distance myself from it as much as I am able. Sure, we could keep the video library, but I'd be selling this as a new company. Here are a few things I would do right off the bat:

1. Go to a 4-sided, traditional wrestling ring. TNA is connected to the six sided ring. Go to 4. Wrestlers have been on record stating they like the 4 sided ring better.

2. If you have to tape ahead of time, which from a cost saving standpoint makes sense, then I would change the order of my live events. In the past, TNA has always gone live and taped the follow ups including the end of feuds/storylines. Instead of giving away my ending, I'd have my live event be the finale of whatever big storyline is going on. If we're building to Lashley vs. Carter have that be the "live event" at the next round of TV tapings. That way you blow off a feud and get folks to tune in to see what the resolution will be. You can also often start the next feud as a part of that progression. Think the same way you want folks to tune in to the PPV.

3. Rebrand all championships:
-ASE/AWA/etc World Wrestling Champion - Be sure to leave out the term Heavyweight. In today's wrestling, many times your champ might be a smaller guy. By including the word heavyweight, that implies you have a smaller division. Don't bring attention to the size of the participant unless you have too.

-No more X-Division or Grand Champion - I would go with the ASE/AWA/etc Heritage Wrestling Championship. This division would be a throwback to the days of pure wrestling. Enforce the rules of many years ago. No Closed fists, no throws over the top rope, no hair pulling, tight grabbing, strict 5 counts, etc. Really try to limit the action to in-ring action. You can still have off the top rope moves fancy things, but it seems like every match has a suicide dive, a chair shot, etc. Make this stand out from ROH, WWE, 205, etc. I'd also have this division focus on the true competition aspect of wrestling. Make this division about the physicality and competition. When a wrestler competes in a Heritage Division match, count the wins and losses, have a ranking system. I could see a guy like Davey Richards being the initial champion here. Save the shenanigans for the for the World Title Matches. Occasionally, you could have a foreign object or cheating in this division, but keep it out for the most part.

-Rebrand the tag titles and focus on building teams here. The Hardy's, Decay, DCC are fine, but bring in some other talent.

4. Focus on building new stars and developing personas that drive people to watch. Don't give to much power to the Hardy's. Build guys like Eli Drake, Ethan Carter, Mike Bennett, Bram, Trevor Lee, etc. Take time to introduce us to what drives them. If you look at the guys who have had the most success over the last year or two, it's been guys who were given depth to their characters. Ethan Carter has been the best example.

5. Get a new creative team. Find a guy like Triple H who's smart about the business, understands what it takes to be a top guy, and will put in the time and effort to build the brand. You wish you could trust a guy like Scott Hall. Maybe it is Matt Hardy, but I wouldn't do to much of the campy stuff like Deletion.

6. Be unscripted. You don't have the finances to hire great writers. Let the guys talk and be themselves.

I think you could have some good success with a few tweaks to the roster and a some of these steps. TNA will never be WWE. TNA needs to focus on being better than ROH and retaking the title as the best US non WWE wrestling company.
Just wanted to write that i completly agree with your comments, they need to go back to basis like what they did when they we're a PPV only company. They need bookers that knows what wrestling is all about. Guys that knows how to go from point a to point b in a feud and keep your interest in that feud.

Personally two of the greatest build in TNA history was for the Raven vs Jeff Jarrett title match in the ppv era of tna and the Joe vs angle cage match at lockdown 2008 if i remember correctly. You just look at how both feud we're booked and how much they made you want to see the payoff match at the end of all of it. These 2 matches we'Re great example on how to book wrestling in a simple matter and TNA need to go back to that. They already are doing studio wrestling anyway so why not go all the way to how wrestling use to be booked before the hollywood writers cames in and change the games for the worst in my opinion.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote