WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-20-2016, 09:50 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
One thing I loved....even after Savage's "moment" after Mania 7 where he reunited with Elizabeth and got cheered heavily for the first time in years.....he still hated Warrior and Hogan. He would do commentary and bad mouth them. He rooted for Undertaker in his feud against the Ultimate Warrior. It took him months to become a fully blown face, which really didn't happen until the Jake the Snake feud started and he returned to the ring. By then Warrior was out of the company for awhile.

But I like how Savage didn't immediately become a face and how the two didn't just magically become friends when they were both face.
I loved the fact that Savage still sold the animosity between him and Warrior even AFTER the aforementioned face turn for Savage. Like you said he openly rooted against the Warrior during his feud with Jake Roberts and the Undertaker. These two were so intense in their promos it was incredible to watch and showed the level of emotion involved. The chemistry between the Warrior, Savage and Sherry was incredible to watch.

The matches were also something to behold. Savage knew how to get the most out of Warrior. Showcasing his power moves and selling them to no end. Savage planned the matches perfectly. The one foot pin at WrestleMania 7 was the perfect ending. Unfortunately the divorce with Liz took a toll on Randy Savage and by 1992 he was a man of less intensity. His matches didn't have the same crispness as just a year earlier. By 1992 Warrior had also lost momentum. I still enjoyed their short feud in '92 but it didn't have the same intensity as in 1990/91
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:49 AM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli31 View Post
I loved the fact that Savage still sold the animosity between him and Warrior even AFTER the aforementioned face turn for Savage. Like you said he openly rooted against the Warrior during his feud with Jake Roberts and the Undertaker. These two were so intense in their promos it was incredible to watch and showed the level of emotion involved. The chemistry between the Warrior, Savage and Sherry was incredible to watch.

The matches were also something to behold. Savage knew how to get the most out of Warrior. Showcasing his power moves and selling them to no end. Savage planned the matches perfectly. The one foot pin at WrestleMania 7 was the perfect ending. Unfortunately the divorce with Liz took a toll on Randy Savage and by 1992 he was a man of less intensity. His matches didn't have the same crispness as just a year earlier. By 1992 Warrior had also lost momentum. I still enjoyed their short feud in '92 but it didn't have the same intensity as in 1990/91
The only "face" thing he said when it came to Warrior and UT feud was when Warrior was put in the casket. Even Savage said it went to far and they needed to get him out.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:11 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Daniel Bryan Vs. Authority

For me, no other feud comes even close to this. At that time, Kayfabe = Reality for me. That made it a lot better. I have seen here threads posted at that time about Bryan winning for sure. But, it wasn't predictable for me.

I wanted Bryan to win. I was emotionally attached to him. I did think that Bryan will win but then a fear was born that he could be screwed again at Wrestlemania.

The two matches held ag Wrestlemania were a great spectacle for me. Whole arena doing Yes! chants is just awesome.

In one word, emotions.. That lack nowadays.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:34 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

Sting vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan:

This feud was wrestling story telling at it's very best and it is a large part of the reason WCW was so successful from mid 96 through early 98. That's how long this feud lasted. Sting went over a year without saying a word, yet during that year he was the most over face in all of wrestling. Also, during that year, Hollywood Hulk Hogan (the original Triple H) was the hottest heel in the business. WCW may have eventually ended up faultering, but this is one thing they did totally right. They built up the ultimate bad guys and then created the ultimate hero to take them down. It was brilliant. Unfortunately, though, the pay off match was a peice of shit, because "it didn't work for Hogan brother". Other than that, though, it was wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.