WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-12-2016, 01:41 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan™ View Post
Something I would like to ask.

The things he did in the past year, show how he is in real life now, right? But should we just ignore what he was to the wrestling industry or his contributions to entertain us? I have always thought about "Should we respect a person who has significant achievements but doesn't behave right in real life?"

"Does the things done by him in past year negate all his contributions in this industry?"

Don't misundertand me. I ain't a big fan of Vader as I saw very little of him but he did seem as a good wrestler while being super heavyweight. Should we consider the person in kayfabe or reality?
I don't think that his comments do anything to damage his legacy as a worker. Only his personal legacy. An old man who is a legend in the business using a public platform to shit on the performance of an insanely talented 22 year old kid, and then going as far as to call the kid harsh names, make physical personal threats, and try to publicly goad him into a legitimate "no rules shoot style" match, despite the fact that he outweighs the kid by nearly 200 pounds, is an inexcusable way for a man of his age and stature to have acted.

I hate it enough when older generation baseball players for example take personal shots at Bryce Harper because they can't relate to the modern generation. I hate when legends, like Oscar Robertson for example, try to downplay the talents of someone like Steph Curry and act as if he wouldn't be able to be great in their generation. Its disrespectful to a very talented and classy young generation star. Vader did both, made personal attacks towards Ospreay and shamelessly downplayed his undeniable talent.

Its a very bad look for Vader and for the business as a whole. It went way past kayfabe twitter interaction and its a facepalmingly bad look for a guy with Vader's legacy. But his placement in the lexicon of pro wrestling has long been cemented, and being a delusional and hateful piece of shit "get off my lawn" type asshole doesn't change that professional legacy. It does however destroy his personal legacy as a human being in my mind.