WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Can such help solve problems of TNA?
Yay 6 40.00%
]Nay 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2016, 11:32 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbragg View Post
Well, they're down to around 300-350,000 viewers per week. And they've never been able to turn viewers into customers, either through PPV or ticket sales or merchandise.
But the point is have they ever tried? When I used to watch them on Spike, it was always the same people, wearing the same clothes in the audience week in and week out. A friend of mine, another fan, told me they taped at Universal Studios on a sound stage. I didn't know they did that before he told me. I thought they where going to smaller arena's and playing to local fans, and those fans were following them. When you can get into a TNA taping just by paying to visit a theme park, then of course they aren't getting customers. It's like they are giving away the product free.

Quote:
They still have the POP tv contract, but advertisers don't want to touch them. And the audience declining from 1-2M on Spike to 500,000 on Destination America to 300,000 on POPtv doesn't make advertisers rethink.
I have no idea who or what POP TV is. We don't get it in the Toronto area, and as far as I know, no cable company carries it here in Canada. Just the same as when they went to Destination America. Another channel that the Canadian market doesn't get. They lost a whole country of viewers by doing that move. Now I'll admit I have no clue how many Canadians watched TNA, but those of us who did were left out after they left Spike.

Quote:
TNA cannot sell enough tickets to pay for a venue and a TV taping. When they were doing the weekly PPVs at the Asylum in NAshville, Jerry JArrett had a budget of somewhere under $100,000 per week. I doubt they've done a $100,000 gate in the United States more than a dozen times in their history, and it's fair to say they never will again.
Well getting something is better than getting nothing isn't it. As it is, they have no paying customer's at all when everyone gets in for nothing. No one here is saying they would do WWE types of gate money, but TNA gets by the looks of things 0 dollars. There is no reason they can't do smaller venues and charge a nominal fee to get in.

They were here in Toronto a few years ago. I found out about the show after it was over and done with. No advertising, nothing. It's almost like they don't want a paying audience.

Quote:
Something else like what? Who would partner with them? What would they get out of partnering with TNA?
I don't know, it was an idea that I just threw out there. Lot's of promotions piggy back off of others. Maybe they could get out there with some of the smaller indy companies in different area's. That would get them some paying customers and give both companies some exposure. There are lots out there why not use them.

Last edited by Navi : 12-10-2016 at 11:35 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:28 AM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
But the point is have they ever tried? When I used to watch them on Spike, it was always the same people, wearing the same clothes in the audience week in and week out. A friend of mine, another fan, told me they taped at Universal Studios on a sound stage. I didn't know they did that before he told me. I thought they where going to smaller arena's and playing to local fans, and those fans were following them. When you can get into a TNA taping just by paying to visit a theme park, then of course they aren't getting customers. It's like they are giving away the product free.
They did try. It takes a massive amount of money to tour. They were never popular enough to tour consistently with good crowds. It wasn't sustainable for them to do so. They did house shows in the past which also did not draw well. They dropped that due to costs.

Quote:
I have no idea who or what POP TV is. We don't get it in the Toronto area, and as far as I know, no cable company carries it here in Canada. Just the same as when they went to Destination America. Another channel that the Canadian market doesn't get. They lost a whole country of viewers by doing that move. Now I'll admit I have no clue how many Canadians watched TNA, but those of us who did were left out after they left Spike.
Pop TV is a US channel so you will not have it. They have a potential audience of 75 million (64%). For reference, the USA Network (WWE's US channel) has a potential audience of 96 million (82%). Around 116 million homes have a TV in America. Pop is not a desirable channel to be on and its potential audience sounds better than it actually is.

TV shows availability are (usually) not dependent on where it airs in the US.

Quote:
Well getting something is better than getting nothing isn't it. As it is, they have no paying customer's at all when everyone gets in for nothing. No one here is saying they would do WWE types of gate money, but TNA gets by the looks of things 0 dollars. There is no reason they can't do smaller venues and charge a nominal fee to get in.
When that something isn't enough to cover the costs then it is not better than nothing. Remember touring costs are more than just the venue. TV contracts are what really makes money anyways. WWE makes $150 million per year from the TV deal in the US and about $50 million per year from the rest of the world ($200 million total per year).

Quote:
They were here in Toronto a few years ago. I found out about the show after it was over and done with. No advertising, nothing. It's almost like they don't want a paying audience.
Could be one of two things. They didn't have enough to advertise a lot or they are inept. Or both.

Quote:
I don't know, it was an idea that I just threw out there. Lot's of promotions piggy back off of others. Maybe they could get out there with some of the smaller indy companies in different area's. That would get them some paying customers and give both companies some exposure. There are lots out there why not use them.
I'm not sure what TNA would gain out of partnering with a smaller company. They would have to use guys that are even less over than their current roster. They would gain maximum a thousand fans. They would have to split the profit. Partnering in wrestling usually doesn't do much for anyone.

TNA really is in a bad place right now. I have zero clue how they can overcome their problems at this point.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
Old 12-11-2016, 01:04 AM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

The first step is firing Dixie Carter and everyone in creative. If that doesn't happen, nothing will ever change.

After that, rebrand TNA as something else. I don't know what exactly, but the brand is damaged beyond repair.

Also find a TV Network and stick with it! Goodness it seems like they change this once a month.

That's the main steps. After that there are minor changes they could make that would change a lot.

1 - Focus on the X-Division
2 - Quit relying on former WWE stars
3 - Build up their own stars
4 - Sign some talented wrestlers from the indies

These changes would make TNA easily the #2 wrestling company in the world and pretty good wrestling in my opinion. Going live won't help anything because it's still the same boring TNA. Besides they tried this around 6 years ago, and it didn't work at all. We all know nothing will change though, especially as long as Dixie's around.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:53 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:

In canada, tna is playing on the fight network which is a real tv channel in canada based out of toronto and it's been playing on this network since the destination america days with alot of other wrestling shows like tna epics, xplosion, greatest matches, unfinish business, roh, new japan, icw from ireland, aaa & cmll. How you didn't know that by now is beyond me. Really, that's the only reason why anthem bought tna in the first place because it's a great rating getter for the fight network, so I understand why they would want to keep it on the air. From what I heard, the only show that get better ratings on the fight network then impact wrestling is ufc shows so why not keep the show on the network.

I'm not doing a plug for them but you should really watch if your cable provider as the network which I doubt they don't becauseit's been around for 10 years and pretty much every cable providers as it on their lineup.

Last edited by wrestlingmasters55 : 12-11-2016 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:23 AM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
The first step is firing Dixie Carter and everyone in creative. If that doesn't happen, nothing will ever change.

After that, rebrand TNA as something else. I don't know what exactly, but the brand is damaged beyond repair.
I agree that what they have there is either worthless, of negative value, or of minimal value. The problem is what do you replace it with, and nobody has a good idea there.

Quote:
Also find a TV Network and stick with it! Goodness it seems like they change this once a month.
It's not like TNA decided to leave Destination America. It's not like they wanted to leave Spike either--they made it easy for Spike to give them the boot, but it's not like TNA tried to hardball Spike.

Quote:
That's the main steps. After that there are minor changes they could make that would change a lot.

1 - Focus on the X-Division
You mean the cruiserweights, who have their own show now on the WWE Network?

Quote:
2 - Quit relying on former WWE stars
Besides the Hardys, they don't rely on former WWE stars anymore, because they don't have any former WWE stars. They have some guys who were in WWE, but they were never stars in WWE. It's not like when they had Jeff Jarrett, NAsh and Hall, Raven and DLo Brown, Jeff HArdy in the main event, Sting, Angle, Christian, Booker T, Scott Steiner, RVD, Ken Kennedy/Anderson.

And it's not like TNA has other guys who would be better than EC3, Lashley, Aron Rex, Tyrus and Drew GAlloway to put in their spots. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Chris Daniels, Kazarian, Matt Morgan (was in WWE, developed in TNA into a top guy for a few months), Bobby Roode, Austin Aries don't live here anymore.

Quote:
3 - Build up their own stars
They're trying, but it's not easy.

Quote:
4 - Sign some talented wrestlers from the indies
A few problems:
1. WWE is interested in "indy guys" now, especially for NXT and the Cruiserweight Classic.
2. TNA doesn't have the money anymore to pay guys a lot more than ROH and a bunch of indy dates.

Quote:
These changes would make TNA easily the #2 wrestling company in the world and pretty good wrestling in my opinion.
I don't know that #2 is achievable anymore for TNA. They're light-years behind Raw and Smackdown (which tour separately, so you might count them separately.) They're not ahead of New JApan or AAA, who pack arenas for their big shows. NXT is higher on the totem pole.

TNA is now competing with Ring of Honor, not to be #2 in the world, but to be the top non-WWE US promotion. Look at it this way--by what metric is TNA ahead of ROH? By how much, and for how long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
In canada, tna is playing on the fight network which is a real tv channel in canada based out of toronto and it's been playing on this network since the destination america days with alot of other wrestling shows like tna epics, xplosion, greatest matches, unfinish business, roh, new japan, icw from ireland, aaa & cmll.
I looked up the Fight TV schedule yesterday and they ran something like 6-8 hours of TNA content yesterday and today.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:45 PM

filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...

TNA's main problem is the industry that they operate in. After WCW folded people wanted an alternative to WWE and TNA was the only alternative with a chance to be another WCW. I don't think TNA was ever meant to big as big as it became in such a short period of time but there was definitely something about it in the early days wether it was the fresh new talents (similar to what made NXT popular in it's early days) or people simply wanting an alternative. Now that a lot of those talents have either finished in the business or are very close to finishing and we have seen literally hundreds of their matches they aren't exciting anymore. Same with TNA, it is now seen as a stale product as opposed to something fresh and new. The roster is still incredible and they still have moments of greatness and uniqueness but across the board it is stale. There was a time when I couldn't wait to watch Impact each and every week, mainly because you never knew what was going to happen (at least if you don't read spoilers) and because they somehow against the odds managed to scrape together a better roster than the mighty WWE sadly those days are gone and wrestling as a whole no longer has the colour, excitement or unpredictability that it once did.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:31 PM

Tripleb2k1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Right now Anthem is doing what needs to be done with restructuring the company behind the scenes and working on adding live touring to the schedule for 2017 to produce revenue & brand exposure...

they are a long way off from being justified in adding more PPVs. They need to sell more buys of the PPVs they currently do before expansion. Need to make money on PPVs before making more...

Going live, would the "Spoiler Effect" being eliminated warrant the excessive expense? They need to increase revenue before excessive spending. Right now only revenue is TV distribution deals and their marginal merchandise
Old 12-11-2016, 09:16 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
In canada, tna is playing on the fight network which is a real tv channel in canada based out of toronto and it's been playing on this network since the destination america days with alot of other wrestling shows like tna epics, xplosion, greatest matches, unfinish business, roh, new japan, icw from ireland, aaa & cmll. How you didn't know that by now is beyond me. Really, that's the only reason why anthem bought tna in the first place because it's a great rating getter for the fight network, so I understand why they would want to keep it on the air. From what I heard, the only show that get better ratings on the fight network then impact wrestling is ufc shows so why not keep the show on the network.

I'm not doing a plug for them but you should really watch if your cable provider as the network which I doubt they don't becauseit's been around for 10 years and pretty much every cable providers as it on their lineup.
Well blow me down, I had no idea that it was on TV never went looking for it and didn't know that Impact was shown on there. Actually this TNA thing is the first time I've heard of the Fight Network.

Now that you have informed me, we went hunting and did find the Fight Network on channel 475 and 427. So when we figure out when Impact is on we can watch it. Thank you.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:33 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Well blow me down, I had no idea that it was on TV never went looking for it and didn't know that Impact was shown on there. Actually this TNA thing is the first time I've heard of the Fight Network.

Now that you have informed me, we went hunting and did find the Fight Network on channel 475 and 427. So when we figure out when Impact is on we can watch it. Thank you.
You're welcome, the first showing of impact is on the same day as the u.s broadcast o thursday at 8..m. then it's got multiple replay during the week and if you like watching older tna stuff, they have 3 shows tha plays during the weeks which shows old matches, they have tna epics which was a 8 episode shows hosted by mick foley which shows matche from the first couple of years of tna, tna greatest matches which is more recent stuff from 2008 throught 2012, and unfinished buisiness which they focus on a certain feud and show the whole build up of the feud. This week it was about the sting/bobby roode feud. Their also a special show featurig the feud between jeff hardy and austin aries playing this wednesday.

plus like I wrote, it's a great network if your tired of watching wwe because they have pretty much every non wwe wrestling show except for lucha underground on the network.

so now that you know about the fight network, have fun watching tna especially this week episode since it's total non stop deletion that will aired on thursday.

Last edited by wrestlingmasters55 : 12-11-2016 at 09:36 PM.