WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

What I think about it is that WWE is trying to keep every fan happy, be it a casual one or hardcore.

How? By giving them various options to opt from. If you don't like Raw, watch Smackdown. If you don't like Smackdown, watch NxT. If you don't like NxT, watch 205 Live. If you want to watch non-wrestling show, then you have Total Divas and Bellas too.

If you don't like any of weekly programming, then watch bi-weekly PPVs. If you don't like to watch many PPVs, just watch the dual-branded PPVs. Or just watch Wrestlemania itself.

No WWE? Then TNA. No TNA? then RoH. It just continues. They're just trying to make us a permanent viewer.

So in nutshell, it's good that we are getting multiple options. Variety is good.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:30 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I don't see it as a WWE bashing thread either. The OP wants to watch all the shows, but is sort of complaining that there are two many of them. Believe me I get it. Also understand that RAW and SD are aired live so if you miss it, you miss out. But my point still stands, you can always record them and watch them when you have some spare time.

If you fast forward through the commercial breaks and recaps, you can cut down a 3 hour RAW to about an hour or so. 205 Live is on the Network and can be viewed On Demand. I really don't see the point of the thread as JH said. The programs are put out there for your enjoyment, it up to the individual if they want to watch them all or not.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

It depends on how much spare time you have, but I fully understand feeling overwhelmed. There is a LOT of content out there.

Raw - 3 hours
Smackdown - 2 hours (Not including Talking Smack)
NXT - 1 hour
205 Live - 1 hour

That's 7 hours each week if you watch each show in its entirety. Then you have Talking Smack and all the WWE Network's shows whether that be old stuff like past PPV's or newer content such as Holy Foley. 7 hours is a lot for those of us who work full time and have other things going on, whatever your current season of life looks like. No one's forcing you to watch all of it. You should watch what you want to watch. If there's a match featuring wrestlers that you don't like or if you feel bored by the thought of seeing the match that's about to start, skip it. Watch the stuff you do like. I prefer to DVR Raw and Smackdown to watch later for that reason. Watching legitimately "live" is fun yes, but instead of the full 3 hours on monday for Raw I could DVR it then skip the stupid stuff as well as the commercials and suddenly a whole extra hour comes back that I can spend doing something else. 205 Live and NXT are on the Network so I save them for when I have the time to watch.

During different seasons of life you'll have different amounts of spare time. Back in the day we had Raw and Nitro on mondays. I'd watch Raw in one room while Nitro was being taped in the other room, which I'd watch afterwards. I didn't have any other major commitments outside of school back then. In college I had plenty of spare time so I had the time to watch Raw monday, WWE's ECW on tuesday, TNA Impact on thursday, and Smackdown on friday. I had the time for it. Today as an adult who works full time and is very involved at church, I don't have the time to devote all 7 hours to WWE each week. I have been watching Raw and Smackdown back to back in DVR'ed form on tuesdays or wednesdays. More spare time monday evening for me. Then I'll watch NXT and 205 Live on the Network during the weekend.

I don't watch any other federation at the moment. I gave up on TNA years ago, never was interested in ROH, and doubt I'd have the time for Lucha Underground but I've heard good things. I watch what I want, and what I have the time for. Wrestling is a hobby. It doesn't have to be a lifestyle when all we're doing is watching/reviewing it. So, watch what you like and what you have the spare time for. If that's all of the above, great. If it's just Smackdown and NXT, or even just another federation's show only, then do what works best for you. Then you won't feel as overwhelmed.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:04 AM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

There's also the extra PPV a month as a result of the brand split, and ANOTHER PPV for NXT the day before one of the Big 4. So add an extra 3-7 hours every other week, so yeah, being overwhelmed by it is easily a possibility.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 12-09-2016, 06:34 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunaru View Post
There's also the extra PPV a month as a result of the brand split, and ANOTHER PPV for NXT the day before one of the Big 4. So add an extra 3-7 hours every other week, so yeah, being overwhelmed by it is easily a possibility.
To be fair Takeover only happens 4 times a year and generally puts the main roster to shame. I have no problem setting aside time to watch Takeover at all. As for the rest, you can (beating a dead horse here), DVR, watch On Demand or watch live.

Yes it can be overwhelming if you dedicate yourself to watching them each and every week, so most fans make the choice to give certain shows a miss, or watch later. It's the equivalent of complaining that you feel sick after eating a whole pie, when in fact you could have had one piece and saved the rest for later.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:17 AM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
To be fair Takeover only happens 4 times a year and generally puts the main roster to shame. I have no problem setting aside time to watch Takeover at all. As for the rest, you can (beating a dead horse here), DVR, watch On Demand or watch live.

Yes it can be overwhelming if you dedicate yourself to watching them each and every week, so most fans make the choice to give certain shows a miss, or watch later. It's the equivalent of complaining that you feel sick after eating a whole pie, when in fact you could have had one piece and saved the rest for later.
But there is no later. Every week, there's 3 hours of RAW, 2 hours of Smackdown, 1 hour of NXT, and 1 hour of 205 Live. That's 7 hours in a week with no PPV/Network specials. Plus maybe TNA, ROH, LU, studio shows on the Network, old PPVs on the Network.

You're realistically not going to watch this week's RAW after next Monday.
Using your analogy, you're getting a whole pie delivered, for you, every day.

You just can't consume all the product there is to consume. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's a thing.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:27 AM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Luckily for me, Takeover is the ONLY WWE I watch, but yeah. I was mostly just adding all the hours DD missed in his calculations. It was one thing when you only had the one PPV a month and then Takeover every three, but the inclusion of brand specific ppvs happening every two weeks now, as well as the Big 4 getting an extra hour tacked on, and it could easily be a source of burnout.

I've barely got the time and energy to watch my Walking Dead, New Japan PPVs and occasional "Road to.." shows, I have no idea how people could sit through as much as 14 hours of WWE programming in a single week (not including preshows/postshows).
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 12-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Look, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you have access to Apps, you can stream all the wrestling until you are blue in the face. You just need to pick your poison. I have had streams of Scotland's ICW while Raw was on. I would stream RoH and WCPW whenever I wanted to watch a good show. Hell, there are nights I would watch YouTube streams of Stardom while the women were wrestling on Raw and SmackDown. It all depends on what you want. Is there an oversaturation of the WWE product? If you pay $9.99 a month, the answer is yes. I'd rather see Tony Nese as a king at WrestlePro or Tier 1, rather than a sad sack in WWE. Why do you think they have 205Live? It is so VKM can put his chest out and say "Look what I have done for the little man!" Look at Curt Hawkins. He had near deity status, especially in the Tri-State area. Now what is he? So much for a brand split. All it did was make the rich richer.

Sorry for the rant. However, if you want to find other shows, they do it smart. You can watch 5-6 companies, and spend less time doing so, than watching WWE. So, if you say there is an "oversaturation" of the product, you are right if ALL you watch is WWE. If you watch others, or have an open mind about watching others, you only have more choices.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunaru View Post
Luckily for me, Takeover is the ONLY WWE I watch, but yeah. I was mostly just adding all the hours DD missed in his calculations. It was one thing when you only had the one PPV a month and then Takeover every three, but the inclusion of brand specific ppvs happening every two weeks now, as well as the Big 4 getting an extra hour tacked on, and it could easily be a source of burnout.
I didn't include Takeover's or the PPV's because they aren't weekly. Even when still including them.... My suggestion of only watching what you went and that you have time for, still applies. The only shows you "have" to watch as soon as you can are the main roster shows. NXT is on the Network so it's not going anywhere. Same goes for 205 Live. My last post was a typical week so let's do a typical month.

Week 1
Raw - 3 hours
Smackdown - 2 hours
NXT - 1 hour
205 Live - 1 hour

Week 2
Raw - 3 hours
Smackdown - 2 hours
Smackdown PPV - 2 to 3 hours
NXT - 1 hour
205 Live - 1 hour

Week 3
Raw - 3 hours
Smackdown - 2 hours
NXT - 1 hour
205 Live - 1 hour

Week 4
Raw - 3 hours
Raw PPV - 3 hours
Smackdown - 2 hours
NXT - 1 hour
205 Live - 1 hour

That's roughly 33 hours of content. In one month. If it was a Big 4 month you'd have a longer main roster PPV with an NXT Takeover, so let's estimate that at around 35 hours. No one HAS to watch all of this 100% live. I mentioned in my last post that I watch Raw and Smackdown back to back on wednesdays, that way I can fast forward past things I don't like as well as the commercials. I save more than an hour of time this way. Suddenly that 33-35 hours is knocked down significantly. It's more like 25 hours at that point. NXT takes less priority unless there is a Takeover that month, then I would make sure I was caught up. If I miss NXT or 205 Live for a couple of weeks it's not the end of the world. You only have to be on top of things for whatever major show is coming. Main roster PPV on its way? Be caught up on Raw and Smackdown. Not watching the night it airs helps a lot. Save it for a night you have time if watching it live is too much. As does saving NXT for the weekend if it comes down to it. NXT Takeover on the horizon? Make sure you've watched all the recent NXT's up to said Takeover show by that point. There's ways around it without getting burnt out and this is my preferred method. I'm caught up most of the time, have time to watch what I do want to see, and I'm not burnt out at all.

Now, if you were going to watch TNA or Lucha Underground also then that's more hours. I'm talking from a WWE point of view only since they are the only federation I currently watch. It's up to every person to decide for themselves how much they want to watch and if they get burnt out then prioritize and cut out one or more things that you are less interested in.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:48 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

My thinking has always been less is more. NASCAR and the NFL haven't figured that out yet as part of their decline. As with the shows and hours posted above I never even watched that much during the territory days so it becomes oversaturation. You're showing the fans everything instead of leaving them wanting more.