WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-04-2016, 12:17 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
This makes me angry. Why would you put the belt back on Joe just so that he loses it again here!?
Because it turns Nakamura's win over Joe in Japan from a ho-hum defense to a big deal.

Quote:
That was completely 100% stupid. Short pointless reigns do not benefit anybody.
In this case, it benefits Nakamura. And, at least in my opinion, it benefits Nakamura more than losing the belt "damaged" him. Nobody was saying "I can't believe they're doing this to Nakamura" a couple of weeks ago--he was still booked strongly in the storylines. And I don't think this damages Joe when he shows up on a main-roster show in a month or so.

Quote:
Nakamura should never have lost the belt to begin with, there is no reason to now have two different 2 time NXT Champions in such a short span of time when it had NEVER been done in the past.
NEver been done in the past? The NXT Championship is 4 years old. You're not breaking with 50 or even 10 years of tradition.

Quote:
I hate this kind of booking.
I respect that. And I have to take into account in my opinion of whether this is a good move or not how mad some people are about it.

Quote:
It sucks enough when the main roster does it and it has no place in NXT. Move Joe up to the main roster, preferably to Smackdown.
Agreed.

Quote:
He and Styles have history from TNA that could be a good feud to revisit in WWE form. I have a bad feeling he gets sent to Raw to job to Roman Reigns though....
Possible. But this is WWE, there is no guarantee that they wouldn't screw up Joe vs STyles--but by the same token, they might do a good job with Reigns vs Joe.

Quote:
I will say this much though, I am tired of Nakamura VS Joe. If they get another match in January's Takeover then there better be a gimmick match of some sorts. End the feud and move Joe up to the main roster already.
100% agreement. If Joe stays on NXT, and there is a Chapter 4 to this, then you are right and I am wrong. (It's different if Chapter 4 is on Raw or Smackdown a year or two down the road.)

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:36 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
Think about it guys you have one of the biggest stars to come out of Japan coming home to wrestle in front of the Japanese fans.

If you were the audience would you rather see a second successful defense against Joe or would you want to see the home town hero finally vanquish his biggest foe?

The way I see it this was all about the moment for the fans. Had they not gone to tour Japan Joe would never have won his 2nd title.

They've never hot potatoed the NXT title before and I have to think they won't make it a habit now.
I'm almost entirely against titles being hot potatoed, regardless of the circumstances, but I think this is an instance where it's the right call to make. In the past, I've read some claiming that WWE has booked shows they've had in Japan "for themselves" rather than the fans. There are differences that WWE should take note of and adjust for if they really want to expand their presence in Japan. Having one of the biggest wrestling stars in Japan over the past decade+ win a title against a formidable opponent is a good step in the right direction. It wasn't Nakamura defending a title, which would've been okay, it was regaining one he'd lost and lost decisively in the same city he won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship for the first time.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
Think about it guys you have one of the biggest stars to come out of Japan coming home to wrestle in front of the Japanese fans.

If you were the audience would you rather see a second successful defense against Joe or would you want to see the home town hero finally vanquish his biggest foe?

The way I see it this was all about the moment for the fans. Had they not gone to tour Japan Joe would never have won his 2nd title.

They've never hot potatoed the NXT title before and I have to think they won't make it a habit now.
The thing is that Nakamura had already vanquished his biggest foe by defeating him in their first outing. It isn't like Nakamura was winless against Joe and he finally defeated Joe. He had already done so. The title change at Toronto took place just so that Nakamura can regain the title in Japan. This is seriously a hot potatoeing (Is hot potatoeing even a word?) of Nxt title. It's infact pointless.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:05 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan™ View Post
The thing is that Nakamura had already vanquished his biggest foe by defeating him in their first outing. It isn't like Nakamura was winless against Joe and he finally defeated Joe. He had already done so. The title change at Toronto took place just so that Nakamura can regain the title in Japan. This is seriously a hot potatoeing (Is hot potatoeing even a word?) of Nxt title. It's infact pointless.
I don't mind it to be honest.

I mean what I like about NXT is that the brand is more competition based than story based meaning if you believe that one guy is good as the other then any given night either of the two can win a match.

This is what happened IMO. At Takeover Brooklyn Nakamura was the better man, and in Toronto it was Joe, and it was Nakamura again in Japan.

Hot Potatoing for me is when absurd angles or stipulations were used to switch titles. One example I can think of is Orton and Cena back in 2009, the title changes happened with gimmick matches so it was less about the competition which caused the title to change hands but through a series of angles and gimmicks.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
The thing is that Nakamura had already vanquished his biggest foe by defeating him in their first outing.
He didn't do this if you are a Japanese citizen who has not subscribed to the WWE Network and don't follow NXT.

Quote:
It isn't like Nakamura was winless against Joe and he finally defeated Joe. He had already done so. The title change at Toronto took place just so that Nakamura can regain the title in Japan. This is seriously a hot potatoeing (Is hot potatoeing even a word?) of Nxt title. It's infact pointless.
Not if you are WWE and trying to increase the number of Japanese subscribers to your network.

For those that follow WWE and NXT regularly the point is that you are supposed to see these two as quite comparable.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 12-06-2016, 06:22 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
He didn't do this if you are a Japanese citizen who has not subscribed to the WWE Network and don't follow NXT.

Not if you are WWE and trying to increase the number of Japanese subscribers to your network.

For those that follow WWE and NXT regularly the point is that you are supposed to see these two as quite comparable.
So, just trade titles in span of two weeks? That's still pointless. I can understand what WWE intended to do just to gain more viewers from Japan but it still doesn't justify the pointless hot potatoeing of the NxT Title.

Trading of titles won't make them comparable.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:53 AM
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
So, just trade titles in span of two weeks? That's still pointless. I can understand what WWE intended to do just to gain more viewers from Japan but it still doesn't justify the pointless hot potatoeing of the NxT Title.

Trading of titles won't make them comparable.
What does Joe beating Nakamura in Japan do from a kayfabe and business perspective?
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 12-06-2016, 07:57 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
What does Joe beating Nakamura in Japan do from a kayfabe and business perspective?
I am no business man. But what I think is that Joe was made the champion at TakeOver Toronto so that Nakamura could regain it in Japan. Right? So, then just make Nakamura win in Toronto too and then he can retain the title in Japan?

Joe won't need to defeat Nakamura in his hometown then.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:08 AM
United States Champion

Quote:
I am no business man. But what I think is that Joe was made the champion at TakeOver Toronto so that Nakamura could regain it in Japan. Right? So, then just make Nakamura win in Toronto too and then he can retain the title in Japan?

Joe won't need to defeat Nakamura in his hometown then.
But what is point of doing that?

But here is the result?:

Now you have Joe losing to Nakamura how many times in a row? You've devalued Joe and put Nakamura on that much higher of a pedestal in an organization that is lacking a depth of talent. An organization that I think has a big event coming up in about a month. An organization that is thriving but has drained the Indy, international, and TNA talent pool significantly.

The point of the booking of this feud is to drag it out and hope to get more interest from Japanese and Indy fans. You may not like it and find it pointless. But really, what is the point to anything done in professional wrestling beyond giving people entertainment and taking their money (not in that order).