WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-05-2016, 12:50 PM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbragg View Post
Premise 1. The only value TNA has to WWE is the tape library. WWE is not going pay extra just to shut it down, and is not going to operate it as a fourth "brand".

Premise 2. The tape library isn't making TNA/Impact Wrestling any significant money.

So is there a deal possible where TNA sells the tape library to WWE for a "fair price", and Corgan (or Aroluxe, I suppose) operates Impact going forward?

What's a fair price? A "fair price" would be determined by comparison to what WWE paid per hour for the other tape libraries (besides ECW and WCW). According to a f4wonline article from 2014 that I can't google up (I get plenty of wrestling news sites reporting on the article though), f4wonline cited the "going rate" as $500 an hour. Between the weekly PPVs, 2 hours of Impact for about 10 years and monthly PPVs for 10 years, I count about 2000 hours of TV/PPV. 2000 * $500 = $1,000,000.

IF you're angling to buy and operate TNA, wouldn't you want WWE out of the bidding? I would. HEck, work in a clause where WWE buys the rights to the Impact back catalogue for $2000/month on a rolling basis, provided that Impact Wrestling can still use the footage for their shows, advertising, etc under license from WWE.
Genius!! I’m currently on Money In The Bank 2010, but now I can’t wait to watch WWE PPVs and TNA PPVs in chronological order together, starting with Victory Road 2004. I love seeing SuperStars go from one company to another, especially if it happens from one month to the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
Looks like OP might have been right. I love when people rip something like this to shreds and than it actually ends up happening showing their complete lack of knowledge on the subject...

Good call OP.
HAHA!! Billy Corgan should completely rebrand TNA to Impact Wrestling Championship, or IWC for short.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!

Last edited by King Patrick Star : 10-05-2016 at 01:03 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Fuck me sideways. Regardless of my arguments, props to the OP and anyone else who guessed this. I'll admit when I'm dead wrong - here I'm dead wrong.

Now someone make a new thread about this - this is pretty insane.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the deal in essence "kills" TNA/Impact Wrestling and it will be completely rebranded as a new company with new championships/lineages. Corgan essentially bought the talent contracts and assets where WWE bought the rights to TNA/Impact Wrestling with the video library. I'm sure there's a clause where the name has to be changed, championships changed, lineage changed etc. I'm sure the Knockouts won't be the Knockouts anymore as a result. Show names will likely be changed. In essence, Corgan bought the ability to start up a brand new company with none of the legwork needed.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:29 PM

god-soldier is looking to come up from OCW...god-soldier is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't belive that WWE just bought the video library and that's it look how much Dixie lied to the talent at the TNA impact tapings this week. The WWE definitely got some talent out of the deal like the Hardys or other talent they felt they could use. Smackdown roster currently has no credible faces outside of Orton, Cena n Ambrose Raw doesn't have any besides Seth, and Zayn that could challenge for a world title. They need more talent they have 3 brands again and they need talent to showcase. I can't see them buying it to make a couple of DVDS, and for the Network. Vince and their party are too good of business men for that. I believe there is more to this then just the sale of the video library if so why take the belt off of Lashley already? I'm hoping WWE gets more than a video library out of this. But as for Impact wrestling I enjoyed their run they went hard did well created great stars just made too many bad decisions trying to compete with WWE instead of just maintaining as a wrestling promotion and see how far they could go. Smashing Pumpkin I wish the best of luck but his best bet is to become a partner with WWE.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

OP be like;

I disregarded this thread because I thought the scenario was too farfetched. Truth is stranger than fiction, today. I suspect a lot of conflicting reports to come, but I'm quite intrigued by what's going on behind the scenes, which is a sentiment I generally avoid in wrestling.

Real talk though; is there any chance this translates to Samoa Joe getting his old TNA music?

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 10-05-2016, 05:06 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that Billy Corgan got the idea from me, so some clarification on my original idea:

1. WWE buys the tape library, but not the IP (trademarks, names, images, etc.) WWE gets the right to use the IP in perpetuity, though.

2. Impact Ventures (or Corgan Sports Inc or whatever) still has the right to use the TNA library on Impact Wrestling and related television shows. (Just as WWE gets complete license to use the name "Bound For Glory" on WWE Network and related advertising, Impact Wrestling can use BFG footage to put together BFG related advertising.)

3. Someone mentioned Samoa Joe's music. This is a good point, and a detail to work out. Owning the rights to Samoa Joe's TNA music isn't doing Corgan's group any good, so I would expect Impact Wrestling to license it to WWE as part of the deal.

Basically the philosophy of the deal is that both WWE and Corgan's Impact Wrestling have full access to the content. The WWE Network, and having Styles, Joe, Roode, Young, Aries etc under contract means they'll make more off of the TNA legacy than TNA ever would, but I'd expect Impact Wrestling to have the rights to use it on Impact TV and PPVs.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.

Last edited by johnbragg : 10-05-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Future Endeavored

American Male is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DW View Post
OP be like;

I disregarded this thread because I thought the scenario was too farfetched. Truth is stranger than fiction, today. I suspect a lot of conflicting reports to come, but I'm quite intrigued by what's going on behind the scenes, which is a sentiment I generally avoid in wrestling.

Real talk though; is there any chance this translates to Samoa Joe getting his old TNA music?
I don't WWE would care about there theme music.

But I hope they give Samoa Joe his old theme song that was bad ass or at least give him a better one.

The one he currently has sucks ass I was so disappointed when he debuted with that crappy ass theme song.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:54 AM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Shorter way to put it:

Allow Vince McMahon to win his personal game of Pro WRestling Tape Library Pokemon (gotta catch em all) without shutting down Impact.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:32 PM
WWE Women's Champion

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-n...-tape-library/

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2...jpg?quality=90

The article cites a reddit post about an email sent out to WWE Network subscribers laying out a possible tiered network membership, with "Independent Wrestling Content Such as TNA/Ring Of Honor" being available as part of the super-premium package.