WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-17-2016, 09:32 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I didn't think about it that way until I read a post about miz worked cotract renegociation on this site. What about if this whole think is a way to crown a new champion before trading miz to raw for somebody like a cesaro or sami zayn. This would be a great way to give finally move some talent over while telling a good story about how both brand are fighting to get the best talent.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:48 AM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Just a thought, the whole idea maybe that D Bry was a draw, Vince is known to keep old stars around in a commentary or backstage role and this might be one of those things.

Vince doesn't like taking steps back once he approves of the next batch and while Bry's health maybe suspect, the company as a whole has just moved on.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:44 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

The main page has a story about how Bryan & Miz have entered "contract negotiations" and that they're not going well at all. Via Twitter, Bryan has called Miz's demands "unrealistic" and "utterly delusional." The story also hints that this could mean a possibility of Miz going to Raw as Intercontinental Champion if his "contract" with SmackDown doesn't get settled.

This is an interesting and entertaining storyline, partially because both these two are so great in their roles and partially because there are various possibilities and directions to go with it. Maybe it results in some sort of "trade" where the United States Championship, along with the champ, heads to the blue brand. Maybe it could result in a "negotiation" where Raw gets both the historic mid-card titles in return for the Cruiserweight Championship & Cruiserweight Division as a whole. Maybe it results in Bryan eventually backing or bringing in someone who ultimately takes the title from Miz.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 09-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I think I am pretty safe in saying that I spent more time researching Kevin Durant's free agency rumors than I did watching him play basketball. WWE is trying to capitalize on this. It's a fun wrinkle. One of the most memorable storylines from my childhood was the pursuit of representing Macho Man by all the heel managers. The payoff may have been the big news and what stays in our memories but the story kept me interested from the get go.

I just hope they being this to tv. Create a Sluggworth like character that is seen whispering in Miz's ear for a few weeks and ultimately gets exposed as a Raw operative. Or better yet gets exposed as a Miz operative that he is using to appear to have more leverage.

But why are people suggesting Miz eventually gets traded to Raw for this or that? The overwhelming opinion is that Miz has been good in his role on SD and especially good working with DB as GM. I would vote that they run a story that furthers his tension with DB and his place as a smart heel champ that ultimately gets him over on SD more.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 09-18-2016, 10:48 AM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post

But why are people suggesting Miz eventually gets traded to Raw for this or that? The overwhelming opinion is that Miz has been good in his role on SD and especially good working with DB as GM. I would vote that they run a story that furthers his tension with DB and his place as a smart heel champ that ultimately gets him over on SD more.
Here's the cliched THIS for the thread.

Miz has been stellar these last 2 years, he's been darn good these last 2 months. I hope he stays on SD and keeps going at it with the face authority, it might be his golden ticket to something big.

Also, the IC title seems the most relevant its been in years. He holds and talks about it with such pride.

Best Champion in WWE at the moment.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:46 PM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

The problem I have with this storyline is simple: It's another wrestler vs. authority figure story. Watching the issue between Bryan and Miz escalate has been frustrating for me more than anything, because at some point the talking has to end and the fighting needs to begin. And for as good as Bryan has been in this role(he's been outstanding), he may as well be Vickie Guerrero or Teddy Long, because he can't fight for himself here. Selfishly, I would love to see Bryan return to the ring, and all reports indicate that he's open to doing so. But it's a risk that the WWE isn't willing to take, and rightfully so. The problem that comes in with concussions is that one can feel fine and once physical activity begins, symptoms return. Couple that with the fact that Bryan has had multiple seizures while recovering from his latest concussion make it a risk not worth taking.

Is this an entertaining storyline? Absolutely. Miz has been cutting some of the most entertaining promos of his career, and Bryan has been on-point and logical in his rebuttals. But the best he can do is appoint a surrogate to fight for him, which would validate everything that Miz has been saying. Bryan can talk with and about his passion for the business, but the end result is that he's not fighting his own battles.

I don't wish to be overly negative here, because I am enjoying this. Miz has been benefiting greatly and as a result has elevated the Intercontinental Title. He's been so smarmy and condescending, and feels the most relevant as he's been since he won the WWE Championship and main-evented Wrestlemania 27. And with that relevance comes opportunity, because it's there to really elevate whomever takes the title from Miz. I was thankful that wasn't Dolph Ziggler, as it's a 'been there, seen that' type of situation with him. For this storyline to be a success, it has to end with Miz getting beat for the championship.

It's just unfortunate that it won't be Daniel Bryan doing so.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:17 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I don't it's a chance he'll return. I think this is just character development for Bryan because I could imagine he'd get stale just being the Yes! Guy.

If anything, this presents an opportunity to build new stars. Miz makes the IC title very prestigious and picks on Bryan. I could imagine Bryan could have a debuting Samoa Joe to take the title off Miz. Therefore, creating a new star.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:51 AM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

I see people saying that Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura are two guys that Daniel Bryan could choose to go after the Miz and his Intercontinental Championship, however, whilst that could happen I could see it as a way to peg both those guys into an initial midcard role, when they both absolutely need to be hot-shotted into Main Event roles on either brand muchlike Finn Balor has been due to their abilities and also their age.

As LSN above pointed out; Daniel Bryan coming out of retirement and fighting Miz would be the perfect direction for this storyline in terms of its pay-off. However, if Daniel Bryan is not ever going to compete in a WWE ring again, I'd choose someone like Sami Zayn to get the rub from this storyline and start their own "Underdog" journey to the top.
Have Sami fight KO in a World title match on RAW in a loser leaves town match and have him lose it and become a "Free Agent". Carry the story from there in a logical manner, and I think Sami Zayn can finally find his role on the Main Roster not named "Guy who hates Kevin Owens".