WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-22-2016, 06:12 PM
Knockout Champion

MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...

If it was not for Cena VS Styles then SummerSlam would have been a let down, but that has to be one of the best matches I have seen in a very long time. It showed just how good both guys really are and it actually surprises me that people still can't bring themselves to cheer for John when he repeatedly puts on five star matches. Unfortunately the rest of the card pales in comparison, which is disappointing considering how the rest of the card looked. Sure Jericho & owens VS Enzo & Cass was a good match and Rollins VS Balor was okay, (though somewhat of a let down for two guys of there ability) but the rest of the matches really did disappoint. Ambrose VS Ziggler really was poor and with Dolph finally getting opertunity that he deserved I was expecting a lot more from the show off, but ultimately let himself down and I just hope WWE management give him another shot. The thing that disappointed me the most though had to be the finish for the final two matches. Now don't get me wrong the finishes themselves were okay (I especially enjoyed seeing Shane McMahon take a F5 from Lesnar) I just didn't think it was a good idea to have two finishes like this one after the other and I would have much preferred to have seen Rollins VS Balor Close the Show

RATING - 5/10
Old 08-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

What brought me down was how shit the crowd was. I think they passed out downers at the gate because they were dead alot of the night. It's time to bring Wrestlemania and Summerslam back to Canada to show everyone what a real, awesome wrestling crowd is supposed to sound like.

."In 20 years we won't be viewed as -Mailmen- anymore and will be called -Drone Pilots- instead."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

I have three problems with the show.

1 - Charlotte is champion. Again. For over 2 years, we've gone 3 weeks without a heel champion. Also Charlotte has no contender unless Bayley gets called up.

2 - Lesnar squashed a top star. Again. Orton looked like a joke. This was a pretty bad match and it's just the same old stuff. This MIGHT have been okay IF Lesnar would actually put someone over, but he's going to leave. Again. And them come back and squash another top star. Again. I don't get the appeal. (Don't forget the 17 suplexes.)

3 - Balor is champion after ONE MONTH on the main show. No one deserves this big of a push. Everyone booed Reigns for this, but Balor gets a pass? I don't get that.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:34 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post

3 - Balor is champion after ONE MONTH on the main show. No one deserves this big of a push. Everyone booed Reigns for this, but Balor gets a pass? I don't get that.
Balor has also headlined NXT for a year and has worked in high profile singles programs and feuds. I know people will say NXT is not the main show NXT is also available in the Network so it's not like NXT is this hard to watch product and I'm pretty sure sizable chunk of the 1.2 to 1.8 Million subscribers have seen the show.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:34 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I actually like this show better then wrestlemania because while this show was very long, non of the matches felt out of place, even the boring matches like the new day vs the club felt like they had a place o the card. The problem like any shows in a market like brooklyn is that you will get a vocal minority that will be lounder then everybody else and will take away from the show, but this wasn't as big of a problem compared to the crowd at the nxt show.

Personally, I would have put the cena match higher on the card if that what they wanted to do with the match since the match brought the whole crowd down and they never really recovered after that.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:43 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:

1 - Charlotte is champion. Again. For over 2 years, we've gone 3 weeks without a heel champion. Also Charlotte has no contender unless Bayley gets called up.
I think it was made clear after the show that Banks is taking time off. She just got married and apparently has nagging injuries that need time to heal. Better take a month or so off now than to have months off later on, or worse yet a short career. Charlotte was the only logical choice to take the title as no other woman on the RAW roster really deserves it right now. Bayley will get her shot later.

Quote:
2 - Lesnar squashed a top star. Again. Orton looked like a joke. This was a pretty bad match and it's just the same old stuff. This MIGHT have been okay IF Lesnar would actually put someone over, but he's going to leave. Again. And them come back and squash another top star. Again. I don't get the appeal. (Don't forget the 17 suplexes.)
That is how Lesnar has been booked since he returned. Orton did get some offense in and I believe if the blood hadn't started pouring the match might have been more interesting going forward. Lesnar would have probably still won but Orton wouldn't have made it easy for him. As for the suplexes, that's what they think fans want to see.

Quote:
You seem to forget that Balor has had years of experience, Reigns didn't before he got the rocket push. Balor is also one of the most over wrestlers on the NXT roster and he's done his time there. It was time to bring him up and with the brand split why not give him the title. The fans didn't seem to mind.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Summerslam 2016

As with NXT Takeover Brooklyn II, it was my intention to get this review up sooner but have been busy in recent weeks. So, Summerslam this year returned to the same location again from last year. Overall this show was a step up from last year's. Let's get to it.

Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens VS Enzo Amore & Big Cass
A good choice to open up the show. I would have been fine with either outcome. A friend who watches with me who HATES Enzo and Cass (he might be the only one at this point who does) was quite happy with the end result.

Charlotte VS Sasha Banks [WWE Women's Championship]
This wasn't bad but it could have been better than it was. Even in retrospect after a couple of weeks have passed, the ending still bothers me.

Apollo Crews VS The Miz [Intercontinental Championship]
Boring. This was the worst match of the night. Crews is not ready yet for a midcard title and Miz still sucks at everything except promos. And no, his promo on Talking Smack recently on did not change my opinion on him.

AJ Styles VS John Cena
WHAT A MATCH. This was what their first encounter earlier in the summer wishes it was. No idiotic interference and AJ got a huge win. Definitely watch this if you missed it!

Anderson & Gallows VS New Day
Glad that New Day retained. I'm getting a little bored with Anderson & Gallows honestly. Stewart's involvement did nothing for me. I still can't stand the guy, and what makes matters worse is that him getting involved in two Summerslams in a row means he sadly may end up in the Hall Of Fame in its pointless celebrity wing some day. I cringe at the thought of that.

Dean Ambrose VS Dolph Ziggler [World Championship]
Good match although I still do not get why Dolph even got this title shot. I'm beyond sick of him right now. Ambrose retaining was the right call in every way.

Becky/Carmella/Naomi VS Alexa/Natalya/Nikki
I genuinely skipped this match. Only reason I cannot call it worse than Crews VS Miz is because I admittedly didn't even watch the thing. I was interested in seeing who would take Eva's place until the worst possible option was revealed. As much as I like Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss, I went to the pantry for a snack once I saw Nikki. No thanks, not interested.

Finn Balor VS Seth Rollins [Universal Championship]
Silly names aside, I love the Universal Championship, in case my updated signature banner image did not give that away. This match was great and the 2nd best after Styles VS Cena. For the sake of history you should watch it if you missed it, and it was good too. Only bad part was Finn's injury, which in retrospect now that some time has passed something good did come out of it in Kevin Owens now being Universal Champion. That's for another discussion though. Good stuff here from both Finn and Seth. I wanted this to main event personally, Orton VS Lesnar was the only other logical option to close the show. Speaking of that match.... We'll get to that in a moment.

Roman Reigns VS Rusev [US Championship]
What in the heck happened here? WWE should have gone through with the match. Disappointed when it happened, and still am now as I type this. At least officially (kayfabe) HAVE the match.

Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) VS Randy Orton
Well.... that happened.... That was my reaction at the time, and even now it has not changed. I give the WWE credit for trying really hard to make us care about this one. They promoted it well and hyped it up. Orton should have gotten more offense in here, and the ending just in general was a head scratcher. It made Lesnar look that much more "dangerous", but sooner or later SOMEONE has to be built up to stop the guy. And it shouldn't be Roman Reigns or any of the older guys. Someone like Seth (or Finn when he returns) should get the massive push in being the one to finally defeat Lesnar. The confrontation with Shane afterwards has me concerned. I've got zero interest in Shane VS Lesnar when Shane VS Taker (outside of the dive off the cage) was bad enough.

Overall Thoughts
All in all it was a fun show. For sure you need to go watch Styles VS Cena and the Universal Championship match if you missed those. I would have had the Universal Championship match main event the show (despite the injury Finn ended up having), they should still have had Reigns VS Rusev in a match before the scripted attack by Roman, and I would also have preferred a better ending to Charlotte VS Sasha as well as to Brock VS Orton. The show was certainly better than last year. Oh, and NOT having Jon Stewart get involved in any capacity would have helped too. We're moving into a month with two PPV shows this month where Raw will feature Clash Of Champions and Smackdown will feature Backlash. It's coming up soon and I'm in anticipation of both shows.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.