WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who will next fight Brock Lesnar?
Randy Orton 6 16.22%
Samoa Joe 5 13.51%
Finn Balor 2 5.41%
Roman Reigns 1 2.70%
Kevin Owens 4 10.81%
Cesaro 3 8.11%
Braun Strowman 4 10.81%
Other (please state) 12 32.43%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2016, 12:44 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
There's nobody. Having him destroy Taker, Cena, and Orton like that.....none of the young guys have the credentials or credibility to take him on, yet. Reigns was clearly the plan, but the fans weren't having it. There's nobody.

Hard to care any more. Every Lesnar match is the same. He doesn't have competitive wrestling matches anymore. It's run it's course to where he could go away without putting someone over and I wouldn't care.
Pretty much this. They have no one on the roster right now or even coming up that can match Lesnar. I mentioned Nakamura in my previous post, but thinking about it, even he wouldn't be able to do it.

Lesnar is similar to Strowman right now. He shows up, squashes a wrestler and exits the ring. The only difference is, he squashes the main event scene and we only see him every 3-4 months. I like Lesnar but just pay him off and let him ride into the sunset. They really need to give his spots on the PPV's to guy's that really deserve to have them.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:10 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Look, here's the thing. I agree with a lot of people who are saying that Lesnar is not a draw like he once was. He has become lazy in the ring and there's not a lot to look forward to anymore for a Lesnar match.

I feel his appeal is diminishing quickly but that means WWE has to use him in his remaining limited dates as best as possible to help their product.

Don't forget. Lesnar is on contract with WWE and this isn't UFC. When Vince tells Lesnar to lose a match he is going to lose the match. And WWE would be crazy not to have someone on their roster defeat Lesnar before his contract runs out.

Lesnar defeated John Cena, Triple H and Undertaker (all who did technically all get wins over him) and notably broke Undertaker's WM undefeated streak.

Now, relatively soon (with in the next year or so) WWE has to use Lesnar to get another Superstar over in a big way by saying they defeated Lesnar!

So who could do this with any sort of credibility?

I think there are ways that certain guys could be built up more than they already are to be serious threats:

- Samoa Joe
- Braun Strowman
- Cesaro

Here are the cases, pros and cons for each guy:

Cesaro

We know he is a legit super strong guy. He does, however, LOOK lean and that doesnt make him appear as much of a threat to Lesnar. It doesnt help AT ALL that Cesaro has been jobbed out so much that he has very little recent history to show that he is a credible threat (kayfabe) or has many titles and dominant victories to show for his apparent abilities.

There would have to be A LOT of work gone into building up Cesaro to make him look like a threat to Lesnar. Between now and the time they would want Cesaro to face Lesnar they would pretty much have to have him be WWE Champ in a DECISIVE and DOMINANT way. Or give him the US Title and have him show more and more ways how he is dominant, strong and technically sound.

Cesaro would need to show some devastating submission moves, incredible ring smarts and raw power. Yes, he has shown that in the past but he would need to do it again more consistently and more often.

Cesaro would be a great babyface to get a HUGE rub from beating Lesnar. Really the only problem here would be that Vince would have to get behind Cesaro in a MAJOR way and that seems unlikely.

Braun Strowman

I picked Braun Strowman because for as much as he is new and fairly green right now he is, undoubtedly, a massive physical specimen.

Just imagine him standing up to Lesnar in the ring and actually being the TALLER and BIGGER muscle in the ring.

Sure, Lesnar has faced guys like Big Show and Mark Henry who have been either technically bigger and stronger than Lesnar and defeated them with ease but that was those guys in an older age and not the time for them to be beating Lesnar.

But Strowman is new and could use a huge victory. A problem is that he is more suited to be a monster heel and so if he were to defeat Lesnar it wouldnt give as big of a rub as it would if a true babyface defeated Lesnar.

Of course WWE could work to get Strowman over as a babyface but it does seem unlikely unless fans TRULY turn on Lesnar and they really want to see Lesnar get beaten and there is some sort of fan voting that indicates fans see Strowman as the best option despite the fact he may be playing heel most of the time.

This could work but fans would have to get behind it naturally.

Samoa Joe

Not sure what plans WWE have for Samoa Joe. He does good work as a heel in NXT. But he can be a good face is fans appreciate him for his ring work and ability.

But in terms of matching up against Lesnar, Joe has a good case. Lesnar is about 290 lbs and Joe is about 280 lbs. Lesnar is about 6 foot 2 and Samoa Joe is about 6 foot. Lesnar is now known for vicious, physical matches with the focus being Suplexes and ground and pound attacks. Joe is well versed in vicious submissions and can ground and pound with intensity just like Lesnar.

The hook would be that Joe can build up his extremely well-versed submission and technical abilities as well as his brute strength. He can show how he is NOT easily thrown and suplexed and how he could turn any situation into a vicious submission.

Fans could get behind Joe because they would see Lesnar as one-dimensional and for all his strength, if he went up against a guy like Joe who would know how to counter every suplex and furthermore turn it into a submission that would put Lesnar in serious trouble of actually TAPPING out then fans could get excited to see Lesnar be in a situation where he looks vulnerable.

Now, regardless of who WWE picks the key thing is that they use Lesnar to give the guy who beats him a huge victory that becomes part of their legacy. The hard part with Cesaro and Joe is they are already upper 30s and that rub they get might not last as long as if they gave it to a younger guy. But there arent many younger guys with the credibility.

Whoever beats Lesnar, and I say beats Lesnar because it is Pro Wrestling 101 that no matter HOW dominant a wrestler seems to be, all streaks come to an end so that there is a payoff.

Undertaker has record undefeated streak as WrestleMania --- Lesnar breaks Undertakers WM undefeated streak --- SOMEONE defeats Lesnar decisively and Lesnar goes away and this person now has huge credibility and marketability for as long as they are in the business.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:38 AM

LegendKiller97 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical View Post

Braun Strowman

I picked Braun Strowman because for as much as he is new and fairly green right now he is, undoubtedly, a massive physical specimen.

Just imagine him standing up to Lesnar in the ring and actually being the TALLER and BIGGER muscle in the ring.

Sure, Lesnar has faced guys like Big Show and Mark Henry who have been either technically bigger and stronger than Lesnar and defeated them with ease but that was those guys in an older age and not the time for them to be beating Lesnar.

But Strowman is new and could use a huge victory. A problem is that he is more suited to be a monster heel and so if he were to defeat Lesnar it wouldnt give as big of a rub as it would if a true babyface defeated Lesnar.

Of course WWE could work to get Strowman over as a babyface but it does seem unlikely unless fans TRULY turn on Lesnar and they really want to see Lesnar get beaten and there is some sort of fan voting that indicates fans see Strowman as the best option despite the fact he may be playing heel most of the time.

This could work but fans would have to get behind it naturally.

Here’s the thing with Strowman. Taking away that he’s green and probably wouldn’t be able to have a good match with Brock out of it.

Brock dominated the Wyatt family at the Royal Rumble. He literally took Strowman out along with Harper and Rowan. Now we are suppose to think that Strowman by himself can be a threat to Brock? He’d need a big push and would need to beat some high level guys first before this match could work.

I think you can do harm to a guy by making him look to strong. This is the problem I see with Brock. Even Hogan sold and had to make comebacks in his matches. He never just dominated from start to finish.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

Brock needs...the Gift of Jericho....

Drink it in boys!

But really, they should build on the backstage confrontation and have Jericho challenge Brock. Jericho and Heyman could carry promos. He'd make Brock look like gold in the ring. It doesn't hurt Jericho's credibility to get essentially squashed by Brock either.

I can just picture during the match Jericho slapping Lesnar in the head saying "get up you stupid idiot" which leads to Brock picking Jericho up and hitting the F5.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:30 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKiller97 View Post
Here’s the thing with Strowman. Taking away that he’s green and probably wouldn’t be able to have a good match with Brock out of it.

Brock dominated the Wyatt family at the Royal Rumble. He literally took Strowman out along with Harper and Rowan. Now we are suppose to think that Strowman by himself can be a threat to Brock? He’d need a big push and would need to beat some high level guys first before this match could work.

I think you can do harm to a guy by making him look to strong. This is the problem I see with Brock. Even Hogan sold and had to make comebacks in his matches. He never just dominated from start to finish.

I see what you are saying, and there are a number of obstacles but I don't think the interaction they had at Royal Rumble would be much of a factor at all.

I think it would be a small part of the storyline that Heyman would bring up but it could easily be refuted by Strowman in saying he's bigger, stronger and better than he was at Royal Rumble. He is definitely better than he was at Royal Rumble.

So yes, Strowman would need to have a series of big victories over top stars between now and whenever he would face Lesnar but the 'quick and easy' dominance Lesnar had over Strowman way back at Royal Rumble could easily be explained by saying it was a different, less experienced Strowman. Which would be true both kayfabe wise and for real.