WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-28-2016, 04:22 PM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...

No problem with it what so ever. Ziggler is still very much over and he has put in his time. Listening to Dolphs promo the other night you get the sense they are taking his character in a "I got my mojo back" type thing. Dolph being a major player on Smackdown to me isn't the worst thing. It's up to him to perform though.

Yes he won't win the strap at Summerslam but this isn't the worst thing.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:29 AM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg4WWE View Post
No problem with it what so ever. Ziggler is still very much over and he has put in his time. Listening to Dolphs promo the other night you get the sense they are taking his character in a "I got my mojo back" type thing. Dolph being a major player on Smackdown to me isn't the worst thing. It's up to him to perform though.

Yes he won't win the strap at Summerslam but this isn't the worst thing.
Shhhh....you're not allowed to talk about Dolph Ziggler being over, despite it being fact. This is WrestleZone, ONLY recent NXT talents are allowed to be over and talked about as if they are worth pushing. Stop stating truth and start talking about how amazing Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews are.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:17 PM
The LD Dweller

Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Like I said before, I still think it should have been Wyatt given the momentum he's been building up whereas Dolph came up on the losing end of a Corbin feud.

However, I think they should have waited to build Dolph back up. The promo he gave on Smackdown is a good little story for him, and it could easily work, but they blew their load on him too early. They should have had him come close to winning the 6-way, then that fuels the promos even more on his "road to redemption". Give him a PPV win against someone, and then finally pull the trigger and give him his title match when he's red hot, not after doing the job to Corbin for 3 or 4 months.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

A part of me believes this is WWE's way of giving a loyal employee an award. A WWE Championship match at one of the big pay per views, and Ziggler and Ambrose are going to be in the same ring in front of a New York crowd for a word title match, so you're almost guaranteed a strong reaction from the fans at Barclays. It's almost impossible to keep track of Ziggler's clean pinfall losses, and he's been around for a while, so maybe Vince and the powers that be came up with the decision to give Ziggler a big match for his services.

Personally, I've never been a big Ziggler fan, and I don't buy into his character or his taglines. Ziggler works hard in the ring, and he deserves credit for busting his ass during his matches, but I can only think of one "show stealing" match from Ziggler, and that happened against Daniel Bryan at Bragging Rights six years ago.

I have to believe Ziggler is nothing more than a short-term solution, and Dean retaining is a sure-fire guarantee, because there's no real reason to end his run as champion now. Cena and AJ need to end their feud first, and after that, I'm sure Ziggler will return to the mid-card, and we'll see Cena and AJ back in the title picture.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:15 PM
Daniel Bryan

LOS ANGELES LAKERS is looking to come up from OCW...

The positives about this match are that both Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler are both excellent workers in the ring and will probably have an outstanding match at SummerSlam, and they are wrestling for the most prestigious championship in the history of professional wrestling, the negatives are that Ziggler's been basically buried by WWE for such a long time that all of a sudden elevating him to challenge for the belt makes the match feel second-rate especially if you compare it to the WWE Universal title match between Seth Rollins and Finn Balor and it sort of feels like WWE might actually have done this to intentionally make Smackdown's title match look and feel inferior to Raw's.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

What I am hoping is that Bray Wyatt is healthy enough and therefore he could be added in this title match for Summerslam.

The post match attack by Bray and Rowan suggest that it could happen. That could be a great way to give him a title shot.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakin' Cesaro View Post
What I am hoping is that Bray Wyatt is healthy enough and therefore he could be added in this title match for Summerslam.

The post match attack by Bray and Rowan suggest that it could happen. That could be a great way to give him a title shot.
I really don't understand what they're trying to do with Bray here and in general. It seems like they want him as a main event player, but they're not really committed to his character. Hence, he finds himself once more without a proper feud for another big PPV after WrestleMania. I mean, if he was meant to be added, he would have won against Ziggler, but he didn't, so I don't see how he's going to be added after losing TWO opportunities to earn a title shot.