WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I atleast am excited for this match.

Why? Because it may go either way. That's unpredictability which enhances the match quality. Add that two guys are talented enough to steal the show. It just makes the whole match more interesting.

But at the same time, I am cautious enough to not expect too much. People were expecting a hell lot from Ambrose-Lesnar match and even guessing that Ambrose goes over Lesnar. We all know what happened when they actually fought. I am expecting it to be a good enough match as should be expected from any Rollins match. It may be a show stealer and I would love it if it goes like this.

Still Balor Vs. Rollins is a right choice for the inaugral championship match.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:51 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantaur Rodeo Clown View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Dome

Because they can just call up talent from NXT instead to have the match of the night on every pay per view.

See: Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn
"have the match of the night at every PPV".

Gee, you are a fuckin' mark , aren't you?

A match like , say, Kevin Owens v Cesaro, would be as good as anything NXT has to offer.

Also, I think matches that Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and others have had better matches, in their prime, than some matches on NXT, which aren't given the time to tell a story.

Are you saying that there has never been a bad match on NXT, ever? Are you saying that there is never a time where a match on Raw, Smackdown or PPV had a better match that week than anything on NXT that week? Get your hand off it.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:32 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Gee, people act like there was never a great wrestling match in WWE, until NXT wrestlers came along.

You people would piss over Steamboat v Savage WM3 today, because they aren't flipping off ropes every ten seconds, and neither came up from NXT.

I'd like to see any of the NXT wrestlers pull off a TLC match akin to Edge/Christian v Hardys v Dudleys at Summerslam.

Why will Finn win the belt when Davey Boy Smith, William Regal or Wade Barrett didn't win the WWE or World Title for England, and Smith and Regal had wrestled longer and were more household names than Finn Balor (hell, if he was SO marketable, then why not bring him in as Prince Devitt, which is his name when wrestling in the UK?)

Finn and Dolph are just being pushed to appease the crybaby marks.

I heard that Finn is trained by Albert at the Performance Centre. Albert, one of the WORST in-ring performers ever. Name me one great match that Albert has done, where he wasn't carried, involved weapons or wasn't a multi-man match?

The Performance Centre, where WWE get their NXT wrestlers from, hires Albert and Billy Gunn as trainers. I would have thought that you had to have at least moderately decent matches first before you get a training job at the Performance Centre. Are Albert and Gunn there to show the trainees how NOT to wrestle?

Last edited by d_henderson1810 : 08-01-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:55 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

Triple H if he returns here at Summerslam it'll be to cost Rollins the WWE Universal Championship to set up the inevitable Triple H/Rollins feud which is bound to happen or Triple H returns only to cost Balor which sets up a Triple H/Balor feud
Old 08-02-2016, 05:24 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Gee, people act like there was never a great wrestling match in WWE, until NXT wrestlers came along.
No but there's no denying the quality of matches, and the product, has gone up with guys like Rollins, Rusev, Banks, Charlotte, Owens, and Zayn came along.

I was watching some old videos of guys in developmental during 2004 and 2005 and if you look at the new talent that came in 2009/2010 most of them didn't pan out. Like everyone had similar looks, similar gimmicks, similar characters, and similar styles. And you could see the impact during 2009 to 2013 when most of the new that came in either flopped or under performed (Barrett, Swagger, Ziggler, Debiase, Rhodes, etc.).

Quote:
You people would piss over Steamboat v Savage WM3 today, because they aren't flipping off ropes every ten seconds, and neither came up from NXT.
Neither did Owens and Zayn and they had great matches in the 2 PPV's they fought each other one on one and their match at Battleground was the MOTN. In fact if you look at their match that had amazing storytelling, the way they did the finish was some very emotional stuff. It reminded me of the final moments of the HBK/Flair match at WM24.

Quote:
I'd like to see any of the NXT wrestlers pull off a TLC match akin to Edge/Christian v Hardys v Dudleys at Summerslam.
So you complain about the guys doing "flipping of ropes" but say these same guys aren't good enough because they don't perform hardcore matches with spots? Isn't that kind of a contradiction on your part?

Also I'd rather see less TLC or Ladder matches to be honest. Maybe once a year but when you have a 6-Man Ladder match at WM then another one 3 months later these matches loses it's meaning and it's just going to hurt people and either shorten or jeopardize their careers. See what happened to Edge and Joey Mercury.

Quote:
Why will Finn win the belt when Davey Boy Smith, William Regal or Wade Barrett didn't win the WWE or World Title for England, and Smith and Regal had wrestled longer and were more household names than Finn Balor (hell, if he was SO marketable, then why not bring him in as Prince Devitt, which is his name when wrestling in the UK?)
Finn Balor isn't from England it's Ireland. I am not from the UK but I am guessing people don't like it when people mix up the two or Whales and Scotland. Also he hasn't won it yet.

As for him being marketable. It's been 2 years since he went to WWE/NXT and changed his ring name to Finn Balor. Whatever doubts you may have with his marketability before, it's safe to say he's done very well in the WWE as Finn Balor.

Quote:
Finn and Dolph are just being pushed to appease the crybaby marks.
Yes because those "Push Finn Balor/Ziggler sings or We Riot" signs are abundant.

Quote:
I heard that Finn is trained by Albert at the Performance Centre. Albert, one of the WORST in-ring performers ever. Name me one great match that Albert has done, where he wasn't carried, involved weapons or wasn't a multi-man match?

The Performance Centre, where WWE get their NXT wrestlers from, hires Albert and Billy Gunn as trainers. I would have thought that you had to have at least moderately decent matches first before you get a training job at the Performance Centre. Are Albert and Gunn there to show the trainees how NOT to wrestle?
Firstly Albert/A-Train/Tensai is a good worker. He's not main event material and isn't a guy that will give you a five star match but he can work and normally has good matches for the most part.

And you are assuming that everyone from NXT started their career in the performance centre. FYI a lot NXT guys were in smaller but respectable wrestling promotions before NXT. Which is probably the bigger factor why NXT is so successful, if the NXT roster were all rookies starting their training in the performance center yes NXT would be pretty bad but, thankfully, that is not the case and they have mixture of rookies and guys that worked in the indies, ROH, TNA, etc.

Last edited by shooter_mcgavin : 08-02-2016 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I had an awful thought last night that Balor would beat Rollins for the Universal Title only to have Stephanie come out on Raw and announce that the Universal Title was the rebirth of the Cruiserweight Championship and that Rollins would be handled Raw's new world title.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:14 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

I wonder if we will get Balor putting on his Demon makeup? In this build up if Balor is going to beat Rollins he is going to have to go to deeper depths that bring to unleash "The Demon"
Old 08-05-2016, 07:23 AM
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
No but there's no denying the quality of matches, and the product, has gone up with guys like Rollins, Rusev, Banks, Charlotte, Owens, and Zayn came along.

I was watching some old videos of guys in developmental during 2004 and 2005 and if you look at the new talent that came in 2009/2010 most of them didn't pan out. Like everyone had similar looks, similar gimmicks, similar characters, and similar styles. And you could see the impact during 2009 to 2013 when most of the new that came in either flopped or under performed (Barrett, Swagger, Ziggler, Debiase, Rhodes, etc.).

Neither did Owens and Zayn and they had great matches in the 2 PPV's they fought each other one on one and their match at Battleground was the MOTN. In fact if you look at their match that had amazing storytelling, the way they did the finish was some very emotional stuff. It reminded me of the final moments of the HBK/Flair match at WM24.

So you complain about the guys doing "flipping of ropes" but say these same guys aren't good enough because they don't perform hardcore matches with spots? Isn't that kind of a contradiction on your part?

Also I'd rather see less TLC or Ladder matches to be honest. Maybe once a year but when you have a 6-Man Ladder match at WM then another one 3 months later these matches loses it's meaning and it's just going to hurt people and either shorten or jeopardize their careers. See what happened to Edge and Joey Mercury.

Finn Balor isn't from England it's Ireland. I am not from the UK but I am guessing people don't like it when people mix up the two or Whales and Scotland. Also he hasn't won it yet.

As for him being marketable. It's been 2 years since he went to WWE/NXT and changed his ring name to Finn Balor. Whatever doubts you may have with his marketability before, it's safe to say he's done very well in the WWE as Finn Balor.

Yes because those "Push Finn Balor/Ziggler sings or We Riot" signs are abundant.

Firstly Albert/A-Train/Tensai is a good worker. He's not main event material and isn't a guy that will give you a five star match but he can work and normally has good matches for the most part.

And you are assuming that everyone from NXT started their career in the performance centre. FYI a lot NXT guys were in smaller but respectable wrestling promotions before NXT. Which is probably the bigger factor why NXT is so successful, if the NXT roster were all rookies starting their training in the performance center yes NXT would be pretty bad but, thankfully, that is not the case and they have mixture of rookies and guys that worked in the indies, ROH, TNA, etc.

1) So you are comparing Zayn v Owens to "Steamboat-Savage WM3"? Hey, I like their matches, and they are too damn good workers, but I wonder if their matches will still be talked about thirty years later, like Steamboat-Savage WM3?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but you also compared them to HBK v Flair. Is that a compliment or an insult, since HBK or Flair never wrestled in NXT (so then, according to you, can they be considered good workers)?

Is HBK or Flair proof that not all good workers come from NXT?

2) Okay, so he's Irish. Sheamus is Irish too, and no-one embraced him as champion (and Sheamus is one of the better big-man workers). However, I would find Sheamus-Rollins more believable as a main event at Summerslam (though still soft) than Balor-Rollins.

Besides, you chastise me, and yet you spell Wales, as "Whales".

3) Albert a good worker? You must have some magical TV which makes people who can't wrestle as good workers. Name me one MOTN that Albert has had. I remember when Edge was feuding with Matt Hardy in 2002, and at "Armageddon", Edge ended up fighting A-Train instead. It sucked, and the crowd turned on it, preferring to see Edge v Matt Hardy.

Saying Albert is a good wrestler invalidates everything you have said, because if Albert is the standard bearer to what good wresting is, then virtually anyone is a good worker by comparison.

4) Some of the NXT talent came from TNA, but then, everyone says TNA sucks and is a joke. So, that is nothing to boast about. Also, who cares about ROH. They don't even have a TV show, do they? So, as far as I am concerned, most of this talent is coming in cold, and should be afforded no special favors.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:27 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
1) So you are comparing Zayn v Owens to "Steamboat-Savage WM3"? Hey, I like their matches, and they are too damn good workers, but I wonder if their matches will still be talked about thirty years later, like Steamboat-Savage WM3?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but you also compared them to HBK v Flair. Is that a compliment or an insult, since HBK or Flair never wrestled in NXT (so then, according to you, can they be considered good workers)?

Is HBK or Flair proof that not all good workers come from NXT?

2) Okay, so he's Irish. Sheamus is Irish too, and no-one embraced him as champion (and Sheamus is one of the better big-man workers). However, I would find Sheamus-Rollins more believable as a main event at Summerslam (though still soft) than Balor-Rollins.

Besides, you chastise me, and yet you spell Wales, as "Whales".

3) Albert a good worker? You must have some magical TV which makes people who can't wrestle as good workers. Name me one MOTN that Albert has had. I remember when Edge was feuding with Matt Hardy in 2002, and at "Armageddon", Edge ended up fighting A-Train instead. It sucked, and the crowd turned on it, preferring to see Edge v Matt Hardy.

Saying Albert is a good wrestler invalidates everything you have said, because if Albert is the standard bearer to what good wresting is, then virtually anyone is a good worker by comparison.

4) Some of the NXT talent came from TNA, but then, everyone says TNA sucks and is a joke. So, that is nothing to boast about. Also, who cares about ROH. They don't even have a TV show, do they? So, as far as I am concerned, most of this talent is coming in cold, and should be afforded no special favors.
ROH has a weekly show and ppvs every few months. Rollins vs Balor, first NXT Champion vs longest reigning NXT Champion. The person never said that the good worker only come from NXT, you fucking mark!

Last edited by JoeMallard : 08-06-2016 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:10 AM
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
ROH has a weekly show and ppvs every few months. Rollins vs Balor, first NXT Champion vs longest reigning NXT Champion. The person never said that the good worker only come from NXT, you fucking mark!

If ROH has a weekly show, and PPVs, and if it is SO much better than whatever is on Raw and Smackdown, then why doesn't it go up against RAW, in a new "Monday Night Wars".

The answer is as clear to you as to me. Because WWE would f.... OWN ROH in the ratings. You know why, because people want to see top-class names, wrestling and production values, not flippity-floppity in some darkened, smoky hall garbage base league.

Like it or not, WWE has ROH licked, every day in every way. They have more household names, their stars make more money, have more exposure, even get movie exposure, get packed crowds (name me the last RAW where they papered the crowd), have a Network, a movie studio, a video game, merchandise galore. Anyone worth a zac in ROH will jump to NXT, and ultimately WWE. I don't think WWE has had to twist anyone's arm to leave.

What does ROH offer the wrestler that WWE can't? Only fanatical fans care about indy leagues, most people only know WWE and maybe WCW when it was around. Even TNA, who has more money than ROH, fails to hit the mainstream audience.

I never said that good workers only came from NXT. All I am saying is, all I ever hear about is how everything that happens on NXT is good, all the time, compared to Raw or Smackdown.

Here's a challenge. Name me one thing that you think sucks on NXT, and that RAW and Smackdown do BETTER. Name me one worker who was a dud in NXT, and should never have been on the show. Who has improved since going from NXT to Raw or Smackdown, or who has a BETTER gimmick, stickwork or is better in the ring since being promoted?

I bet you can't do it. Because you and your ilk like to piss on Vince McMahon's legacy, and act like he never did anything creative, and then act like NXT is some indy league in competition with WWE. NXT IS WWE. So if you like NXT, you have to give Vince McMahon credit, because if he hadn't started WWE, if he had not appointed Triple H as C.O.O., and if Triple H hadn't made this his pet project, you would be getting Cena v Orton Match 5,000, 0000. So get on your knees and thank the Lord above that WWE decided to have a Network, and then put NXT on it, so that you know about these guys before they hit the main roster. Pretending that NXT is independent of WWE is stupid, and anything you commend NXT for, is only because of WWE. Admit it!