WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What should they do with Night Of Champions?
One dual-branded event 4 36.36%
Two events, one for Raw and another for Smackdown 1 9.09%
Remove it completely 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2016, 10:47 AM
ROH Pure Champion

laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Tag belts, Women's belt, IC and US should all be dual branded, and up for grabs to any show. The WWE title, the Universal title, and the Cruiserweight should be used on the show, but as single branded belts. Also, now that I think about it, you could theoretically have the Universal belt go to SDL, and you could have the WWE title go to Raw. So, those could be dual branded, also.

In fact, you could have two EC matches, each one containing 3 guys from Raw, 3 from Smackdown, and the move being to take the belts from one show to the other, in kayfabe. The belts don't actually have to leave their shows often, if at all. But this can also switch the belts on the shows, too. Really, the storyline is always "We need to be the better show." So, you could always have the titles loaded on one show for a short time, and do things like the Orton appearance, and have invasions, etc.

Last edited by laodaron : 08-02-2016 at 10:53 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:58 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

A thread about my favorite Pay Per View series of all time started by my favorite WrestleZone Hall Of Fame Mod!? How did I not come across this sooner!?

I can finally say that I found a thread where I agree with everyone’s opinions on both sides of the argument.

On the left hand, I wouldn’t mind if the WWE eliminated Night Of Champions. I am a firm believer that every WWE Pay Per View should featuring every active Championship in a Title match. Also, since I’m a Championship Title Belt collector, and I just have to have every Night Of Champions DVD, I wouldn’t mind the small savings with not having to buy it every year…although the last one I bought was 2013, because of the WWE Network.

On the right hand, of course I want to see Night Of Champions every year!! It’s all about the number one reason why I’m a part of the WWE Universe and why I’m a Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment fan. It’s not about the SuperStars, it’s about the Championship Title Belts. There’s just something about Gold on leather…sigh…anyway, here’s how I would set it up.

WWE Universal Championship Title match
WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title match
WWE Women’s Championship Title match
WWE World Tag Team Championship Title match
WWE Intercontinental Championship Title match
WWE United States Championship Title match
WWE Cruiserweight Championship Title match

That’s 7 Championship Title matches. If Smackdown were to activate their own Women’s and Tag Team Championship Titles, then I would add those to the card as well. If Smackdown does not, I would have all 3 NXT Championship Titles defended at Night Of Champions. It doesn’t matter to me if the 3 NXT Championship Title matches take place on the pre-show or on the Main card.

Point is, I’m happy either way. I’m just dying to see what the WWE Universal Championship Title Belt is going to look like. Last night, my Son said, “it doesn’t matter what it’s going to look like, because you’re going to get it anyway.” He’s not wrong.

By the way, I’m the one who voted “Two events, one for Raw and another for Smackdown” I was thinking more along the lines of Raw’s Night Of Champions on a Saturday and Smackdown’s Night Of Champions on the following Sunday. It could be a 2 Nights / Weekend of Champions event!! If you think that’s too much, take a look at my Championship Title Belt collection.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote