WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-19-2016, 06:40 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph718YaHurd View Post
But Nxt hyped up his debut too much just to forget about him and not use him in any way... I still, in a way, look at Hideo Itami as a big deal... Sure, its been a little minute since we've seen him go in the ring , but we know nothing of his physical state as of this moment ... Plus, with the lack of star power in Nxt they NEED to use all Talent on Hand, especially a great worker in the returning Hideo Itami, looking for revenge on the man who sidelined him (kayfabe wise) putting him on the bench for over a year ... No doubt the Nxt crowd will get behind him again . Will he ever go on to the Main roster ? Probably not, but he could still give us some compelling story telling and matches in the meantime.... With the likes of Nakamura, Aries and Balor. Speaking of Balor , he has a instant #1 contender in Itami. Write in Balor as the one who attacked Itami, jealous due to the fact Itami beat him to take the last spot in the Andre battle royal, taking away from his shine, just to go on and lose the bout and accomplish nothing. Or you could even reveal Joe as the attacker, looking to make a statement. I still see potential in Itami we just have to give it time and still support him in the same light as we did when he first debuted down in Nxt. I mean, Sami Zayn went down not too long after and he's doing well since his return if you ask me.
You seem to take what I asked the wrong way. At no time did I ever question his skills, or the hype surrounding him when he signed. It was a huge deal for NXT when he came on board, and if he hadn't been injured I'm sure he would already be on the main roster, or at best ready to be called up.

What I was questioning was the fact that he's been out for more than a year now. You rarely ever seen his name mentioned, and the most you ever seen of him is sitting in the crowd at Takeover. And as I said further up the thread, lots of retired wrestlers are shown. When the Undertaker attends a UFC match, his picture is everywhere. He's not a UFC fighter, so it just means he went and watched a few maths.

Also I didn't say they wouldn't support him if and when he returns. But you don't think it's strange that the guy has been out for over a year, nothing is said about him except for a few pictures here and there? With all the hype surrounding his signing, you would have thought we would hear something. Is he okay, is he coming back? You know questions that are asked when any wrestler goes out with an injury.

Last edited by Navi : 04-19-2016 at 06:42 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:30 PM

Joseph718YaHurd is looking to come up from OCW...

Just look at John Cena , Cesaro ... They both went down with injuries months before Mania , not a word from either ( except maybe cena with his cryptic type messages ) with very few mentions... What happened next ? Surprise returns that the crowd popped big for ! Same could be said about Rollins , theres rumours here and there on his condition but none confirming his current health, he could return at any moment and the crowd would go crazy.
I feel as if that is the direction they are going with Itami. Showing him in the crowd is just to remind the people watching that he is still around,
Old 04-19-2016, 11:40 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph718YaHurd View Post
Just look at John Cena , Cesaro ... They both went down with injuries months before Mania , not a word from either ( except maybe cena with his cryptic type messages ) with very few mentions... What happened next ? Surprise returns that the crowd popped big for ! Same could be said about Rollins , theres rumours here and there on his condition but none confirming his current health, he could return at any moment and the crowd would go crazy.
I feel as if that is the direction they are going with Itami. Showing him in the crowd is just to remind the people watching that he is still around,
Yes, yes they did, but we got frequent updates on their recovery and when they would be back. Cena even did a spot at Mania, when he was still rehabbing. Cesaro was out and about on the European tour before this one cutting promo's and telling people when he would be back. Neither of them were out as long as Itami has been.

It's been over a year since he went out. Cesaro and Cena both had their surgeries in October or November, months after Itami had his. Listen I'm not saying anything negative about the guy so I don't know why you think I am.

All I'm saying is in over a year, we've seen only bits a pieces if even that of him. I really don't think his heart is in the WWE.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:26 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

So Hideo Itami has just returned and started competing at NxT Live Events. He hasn't appeared on NxT TV yet but I think that he would surely return on Nxt TV before TakeOver: Brooklyn.

I just read some reports which say that due to brand extension, NxT's top stars like Balor, Joe, and others are going to be called up soon. Meanwhile NxT would lose depth in each division. Another thing speculated is that Hideo Itami is going to remain on NxT as the flagship bearer. He is going to be NxT champion by the year's end. He is a great choice to keep NxT's credibility intact.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Trill Co$by Send a message via Skype™ to Trill Co$by

With the Brand Extension coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if he debuted on Raw or Smackdown soon. I know he was hurt, but he's also a traveled veteran and I'm pretty sure people that get signed after the CWC will be able to fill any void he may leave behind. Plus, he's been given a free Braun Strowman card. He gets to basically take what little NXT time he had to figure out if he can work the WWE style and then take a quick call up to the main roster. Pretty neat if you ask me.
Proud #BellaArmy Member
Old 07-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Leading A Revolution
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

RedRegan1005 is looking to come up from OCW...RedRegan1005 is looking to come up from OCW...RedRegan1005 is looking to come up from OCW...

The injury in general, and mostly the timing of it was very unfortunate for Itami. His signing was kind of the first that opened the flood gates on a lot of big international/independent names coming to NXT. Which is a possible problem for him when he returns. NXT only has an hour of regular showtime on the WWE network each week, and does a good job of always giving attention to their womens division as well. So with that said there is only so much spotlight to go around on NXT television and right now it would be tough for Hideo to squeeze his way back into it.

However, sense he got hurt Zayn, Owens, and Crews all went up to the main roster, and there's a good chance Finn Balor, and other names could be heading up with the WWE Draft coming next week. So there should be a spot for him. Him signing with WWE was not only the first of many big international/independent names coming to NXT but was treated as a HUGE deal!! So for that reason I would expect Triple H and all the powers that be behind the NXT to be ready to give another strong push at making Hideo Itami at least a top NXT star and possibly a main roster star.

Before he got hurt he came out of the gate with all the fanfare and hype, but seemed to be taking awhile to find his groove in NXT. It didn't seem to immediately click quite like it did for Balor, Owens, and others. Hopefully the time away might have given him time to sort things out and he'll hit the ground running upon his return. I believe Balor and Nakamura have ended the stigma that big names from Japan can't make it in WWE, and I think if he can hit his stride upon his return he can put in some really great work in NXT.