WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-24-2016, 12:16 PM

Emrii is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I have been thinking the exact same thing as far as the Demon Balor.

My thought was to have Balor use Bloody Sunday and "injure" someone. Balor goes back to the Coup de Grace as his finisher.

Demon Balor keeps Bloody Sunday.

Modify his moveset to differentiate between the personas.

And let Balor talk while the Demon is silent or has a modified voice.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:56 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I've always found Balor to be a lukewarm babyface and I think this is why. He's playing up being a babyface far too much to the point that he throws on this bodypaint and he might as well have painted himself up as my little pony.

He's threatening and ominous on the entry ramp, then what follows is a typical Finn Balor match. Which is great freaking match, don't get me wrong. It's missing the viciousness that really should come along with a demon. That and he's been involved in feud with a very vicious Samoa Joe, and that aggression has not followed Finn into the ring,

He's doing a good job as a traditional babyface, but it's in direct contrast with his demon gimmick. I've been waiting for him to turn heel ever since he debuted tagging with Hideo against the Ascension. The demon character would make so much more sense.

I have to disagree that he should drop the gimmick altogether if he doesn't drop the mean streak. If anything it sets him apart from everyone else. I like the idea of a gimmick that isn't trotted out every match, such as an outfit, a finisher, or something else unique. The concept just needs to be refined if anything.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:50 PM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

I thought the demon was Kane.. What the fuck?... Finn Balor doesn't look like a 'demon' at all... On the main roster the fans are going to laugh at this guy if he comes up calling himself a 'demon'.. He's lucky the NXT fans are so nice.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:56 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's certainly missing a puzzle piece. I had high hopes when he debuted the paint teaming with Itami vs the Ascension, and this intangible piece didn't feel missing. Perhaps the de facto protection of a tag match masked this problem.

I don't want to beat the dead horse, anymore. Suffice it to say that no-selling would fit Demon Balor like a glove, and an exclusive finisher to that persona would be cake icing. Imagine a nice little moment somewhere in about a years time where plain ol' Finn has to pull out that move in the climax of a hard fought bout.

A disappointing absense of psychology to the use of the Demon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
I thought the demon was Kane.. What the fuck?... Finn Balor doesn't look like a 'demon' at all... On the main roster the fans are going to laugh at this guy if he comes up calling himself a 'demon'.. He's lucky the NXT fans are so nice.
That's nice, dear.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 04-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think what they need to do is when he does get called up, be called up to run/co lead the Bullet Club (or WWE's version of it) as a heel group.

From that point on, no more paint. No more crawling entrance. None of that. Why give the fans what they WANT when you're a heel?

Eventually, BC turns on Balor. He disappears for a month. Comes back in the paint, with the entrance, and stays that way for matches. When he comes up, he NEEDS to differentiate the two personalities otherwise it won't get over. Do different moves. No sell stuff. Be more vicious than the "normal" Balor would have been.

I don't personally mind him the way he is doing the paint for Takeovers. Using the paint and entrance to get into his opponents head and whatnot. But I think when he's on the main roster they need to play on it differently.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:35 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Well, the Demon is undefeated no longer! I really was expecting an escape finish so I was very happy with the actual ending. My complaints with Demon Balor still stand however!
Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Trill Co$by Send a message via Skype™ to Trill Co$by

Demon Finn Balor should be equivalent to Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball Z, and he should have like one more "transformation" as like Super Demon or Demon Grade 2, with a different demon paint. I like Finn, and I enjoy his entrance a lot when he comes out as Demon Finn, but we need to know what's so great about Demon Finn. I think that going the Super Saiyan route would be pretty cool. Each transformation unlocks a different style for Finn and makes him behave different. Like normal Finn is the guy we see every week. No face paint, no gimmicky entrance, just a guy that comes out and wrestles. But then you get Demon Finn, whose one goal is to obtain victory. He doesn't follow the rules, he doesn't care if he's loved or cheered; he just wants to win. And then, if he can't win (ie: Samoa Joe) he goes and finds that he has one more stage to go through so that he can finally give it his absolute best, and that's when he becomes Super Demon Finn Balor. This stage is still victory oriented, but he's now able to put more thought into his rage rather than going out with blind fury. It's like he's finally tamed the demon form and has complete control over it now.

Is that the best scenario? Probably not, but it's definitely better than what's going on right now for him. And to be honest, I wouldn't blame Vince for keeping him in NXT for not understanding the whole Demon thing.
Proud #BellaArmy Member
Old 06-24-2016, 10:10 PM

Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harthan View Post
The character he plays now in NXT is pretty much what he was in New Japan before forming the Bullet Club - a plucky, fighting face. And that made him recognized as one of New Japan's best juniors and nothing more. It was only by turning heel and forming the Bullet Club that Finn became the top foreigner in New Japan and a serious threat to win the gold there
Maybe WWE are doing the same thing with him in NXT? Introducing him to their audience in the same role, then giving them the same pay off by turning him into whatever badass he was in NJPW?

Just a thought.

On topic, I don't have a problem with the paint itself not 'changing' Balor as a person, more that he acts like it does on his way to the ring. My only issue with the Demon is 70% of his entrance. The 70% of the time he spends crawling to and around the ring, pretending he's an actual demon. Even Undertaker didn't take it to that level of imaginary, because it's cringe worthy as hell.

And then, like many have said, Finn doesn't sell the character in the match itself. Hammering home the point that this grown man really was just acting like a 9 year old playing Spider Man. Other than that, I'm all for it.

Last edited by Woodstuff : 06-24-2016 at 10:12 PM.