WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-04-2016, 04:06 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSE View Post
IF the reported rosters are accurate, then I'm starting to worry Smackdown is going to still be the B-Show and not as important as Raw.

Raw has Reigns, Cena, Rollins, Ambrose, Zayn, Cesaro, Enzo/Cass, and Jericho.

It seems a way too one-sided IMO.
Don't put any stock into that crap. I doubt the WWE even has the rosters set at this point, and this is about the 5th lineup projection I've seen over the past 2 weeks. Cena going to Smackdown? Reigns going to Smackdown? Styles staying on Raw? Enzo and Cass to break up? NEW DAY TO BREAK UP?

Let's just wait and see what happens on July 16th... Getting anxious or upset about something that has yet to happen based on a report that has about a 2% chance of being true is... well, it's something only wrestling fans do.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:12 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky84 View Post
Hahaaaa, me and King Patrick called this months ago. Sucks to be you guys who hated the idea. I'm sure they'll do right by the roster split, but I really just wanted to pop back in to gloat (and rightfully so).

Can't wait to see what happens with this. Should be good.
It's only a good idea if WWE genuinely puts effort into the brand split by actually making it a brand split in function rather than name only and if they genuinely put effort into making SmackDown as equal to Raw as they can. The format of Raw being the A show while SmackDown is the B show has to be avoided, which means a different sort of mind set is going to be needed from Vince especially and that's something that's causing a lot of the doubt regarding the whole concept. SmackDown going live is a strong step in the direction of altering the perception that SmackDown doesn't matter as much as Raw. If WWE doesn't load itself up with each brand having its own titles, that has the potential to eliminate the temptation to book the Raw titles as stronger than those exclusive to the SmackDown brand; that's what they ultimately wound up doing during the first brand split and having 5 titles to for the entire roster rather than 10 means they'll have to be more focused on who they put into those spots than they would if there were two sets of championships.

With that being said, I'm more optimistic about this than I was 6 months ago because, as of right now, it SEEMS like WWE is heading in the right direction. IF the reported brand rosters were to stay as they are, then it looks to be an even split in my opinion. Of course, who knows what will change between now and then but IF this ever truly was how each roster was going to look, you can be certain that changes have probably been made and will continue to be made right up to the last possible moment because that's simply how Vince McMahon operates as the man's mind has been known to change with on a daily basis.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

What they really MUST DO is keep the tag team division in one brand and then women's division in another.

Seperating the women and having only the RAW girls compete foe the title while the SD girls do nothing, or, seperating the tag teams and having the SD teams compete for the titles while the RAW teams do nothing, is stupid.

Give each show a division, a midcard title and a world title. That way you have 3 equal titles to each show.

PS: Please don't break any of the tag teams, especially Enzo & Cass and the New Day.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgreece View Post
What they really MUST DO is keep the tag team division in one brand and then women's division in another.

Seperating the women and having only the RAW girls compete foe the title while the SD girls do nothing, or, seperating the tag teams and having the SD teams compete for the titles while the RAW teams do nothing, is stupid.

Give each show a division, a midcard title and a world title. That way you have 3 equal titles to each show.

PS: Please don't break any of the tag teams, especially Enzo & Cass and the New Day.
I think they could manage to tag divisions, especially when you got teams like R Truth/Goldust, Fandango/Breeze, Social Outcasts, Primo/Epico, Dudleyz, Usos not doing anything significant at the moment.

I think they need another women's title. The current Women's title picture is Brooke, Charlotte, Becky and Natayla. Meanwhile, you got talented women like Naomi, Paige and Sasha not doing anything. Nikki is coming back soon too, it's not like you need a huge roster of women.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:27 AM
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion

Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

While I'm enthusiastic about the brand split and the excitement that comes with it, I haven't been overly impressed with the way that the WWE seems to have gone into cruise control with Raw as of late. Raw on fire coming out of WrestleMania and things seemed to be clicking in the right way. But since the WWE announced the brand split, it just hasn't been hitting the spot in the way it was previously. Perhaps that is to do with the uncertainty behind the scenes rubbing off on the product. All I know is that something isn't right.

So with that in mind, I can't wait for the split and the draft that comes along with it. I'm really hoping that it energises people again and can drive the WWE onto bigger and better things.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:18 PM

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

One thing that I feel needs to happen among fans is to top worrying about the potential of WWE raiding the NXT roster during the draft and how NXT will be ruined. People are forgetting that NXT is WWE's developmental brand and while it may have grown into something beyond that, it's primary purpose is still to get train wrestlers to prepare them for heading up to the main roster. While it's true that, if the reports are true, that NXT's roster will be decimated, it's not as though there aren't others waiting to be brought onto the NXT roster rather than training in the WWE Performance Center.

As Dave pointed out, I to get the feeling that Raw is sort of coasting right now, though I can't say it's something I'm not surprised by. The product in the short term might not be as interesting as it has been, overall, for the next month, but here's to hoping that things truly get sorted out with the brand split and something of a definitive "new era" kicks off.

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 06-20-2016, 01:58 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I highly doubt that SmackDown will ALWAYS be live. I'm sure there will be exceptions, such as six days before WrestleMania, Christmas or New Year's Eve (if they fall on a Tuesday). Which begs the question... when will SmackDown be taped in such a case? I would think they would tape SmackDown after they get done taping and broadcasting Raw.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:42 PM

The latest going around, at least via a user from Reddit, is that WWE is bringing back Clash of the Champions as a Raw branded ppv event and posted the remainder of the ppv schedule for 2016. These changes haven't been confirmed, according to the report, so the entire thing may be just a pile of crap:

SummerSlam - August 21, 2016, Brooklyn, NY, 7 pm EST start time, both brands

Backlash - September 11, 2016, Richmond, VA, 8 pm EST start time, SmackDown

Clash of the Champions - September 25, 2016, Indianapolis, IN, 8 pm EST start time, Raw

No Mercy, October 9th in Sacramento, 8pm EST start time, SmackDown

Hell In a Cell, October 30th in Boston, 8pm EST start time, RAW

Survivor Series, November 20th in Toronto, 7pm EST start time, both brands

TLC, December 4th in Dallas, 8pm EST start time, SmackDown

Roadblock, December 18th in Pittsburgh, 8pm EST start time, RAW

So, if accurate, than there will indeed be two brand exclusive ppv events per month while the original big four events of the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series will include both brands.

How WWE handles the draft will determine how well this goes over because many are going to see it as flat out overkill. IF each show genuinely has its own feel, has a certain degree of creative freedom and enough creative freedom to ultimately not feel like it's just dividing one show into two, then maybe this could be pulled off well.

Conan Of Cimmeria