WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-15-2016, 08:41 PM
WWE Women's Champion

JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Authors of Pain

It's about damn time some big, scary guys who can move are making their way through developmental. One is an ex amateur wrestler, the other is an ex MMA fighter, and they look like they could (and probably could in reality) kill 95% of the guys on the MAIN roster in a shoot. These guys need to get pushed to the moon. Having Ellering w/ them is a great short term deal. Can't wait to hear him put them over in an interview in the next couple of weeks.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:59 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...

usually I'm not a stickler for physiques, but something bothers me about the way they carry themselves. Like they are trying to look like big muscle guys but are built more like D-Lo Brown. Not saying that they need to be super lean or cut, but it seems like they are trying to be intimidating by size and carrying themselves like they're the size of Vader or A-Train but are 4-5 inches shorter than them.

That being said, they seem like they can be a pretty menacing tag team. I see a lot slams, suplexes and stiff clotheslines from them. Maybe like a shorter, non-roided Powers of Pain from the 80s
Old 06-15-2016, 10:12 PM
WWE Women's Champion

JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler36 View Post
Like they are trying to look like big muscle guys but are built more like D-Lo Brown.
I get what you're saying, they puff themselves up a little more than they need to since they're both legitimately about 6'3 and 290+ pounds. But they've only been on TV once, they're probably overcompensating a bit since this is the first time these guys have ever been on television (as a wrestler anyway). The fact that they have legitimate athletic backgrounds and aren't just gym-rats is a big deal to me. I don't know how they will present them, if Ellering will make reference to their roots, but it would be stupid not to.

One criticism if any that I have right off the bat is that they are wearing flak jackets to the ring that seems a little to close to the Shield's gimmick.

Balancing that out is the fact that their entrance music is perfect.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:50 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...

yeah. I saw one of the guys is only 21. Geez. If he stays healthy and out of trouble, he could have a long career. Wrestler and MMA. Big upside for these guys.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:19 AM

HeyYo is looking to come up from OCW...

First off, Authors of Pain is a stupid name for a team.
Secondly, they are green as hell...... NOT impressive.
Third, The WWE must be VERY desperate to push a couple of green, D-Lo Brown lookalikes.
Fourth, Paul Ellering, I hope you are being paid a pretty sum to be saddled with 2 guys who will downgrade your legacy.
Ohhhhh, what a hush!
Old 06-16-2016, 12:25 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think that the Authors of Pain is the monster team that the Tag Team division needs and I also understand that WWE easily could have sent them straight to the main roster. The tag team division is rapidly becoming the best part of NXT now that we have the old school team (Revival), the olympic athletes (AA), the indy guys (Gargano/Ciampo) and now these two as potential future challengers and there are a few other teams below them and The Mighty Don't Kneel as well. They have done a good job of building a tag team division.

Let's hope they can start doing the same for the women because right now because with Sasha, Becky, and Charlotte getting called up to the main roster, it's quite weak. They have all of these new girls and I'm dying to see some of them get rolling. I really hope they show up over the next couple of weeks.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:27 PM

theuk savior is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYo View Post
First off, Authors of Pain is a stupid name for a team.
Secondly, they are green as hell...... NOT impressive.
Third, The WWE must be VERY desperate to push a couple of green, D-Lo Brown lookalikes.
Fourth, Paul Ellering, I hope you are being paid a pretty sum to be saddled with 2 guys who will downgrade your legacy.
Ohhhhh, what a hush!
bloody hell you have not even give these guys a chance I wouldn't say they look like d-lo

aside d-lo is not a bad comparison just watch a raw where is is in the main event tag team match along side the rock taker kane mick foley stone cold and the outlaws

we don't know how long they will these guys down in nxt for they could be there for years and am sure paul ellering would not have agreed to work with them if there was no upside
Old 06-16-2016, 02:40 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I don't think NXT is where you have a monster tag team. I mean do you crush guys before they make the main roster?
Old 06-17-2016, 07:55 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

When I watch these two, I'm reminded of The Blade Runners. That's not a compliment, I was bored of these two the second I saw them.

First off; their ring attire. It was neat when The Shield happened to the pro-wrestling world, and they represented some kind of pseudo-special forces team. They wear tactical gear because -- fuck it -- it looks nifty when you're playing a badass. Now The Authors of Pain are a pseudo-special forces team too, which would be super if that idea wasn't still being beaten to death by Roman Reigns.

Secondly; their look. These guys look -- to me -- like a couple of Buddhist monks. They don't have the bad guy snarl of a Gene Snitsky or an Ox Baker. These two wore masks before, and they were pretty badass looking masks. They should have stuck with the masks, because their faces don't convey "I'm going to HURT you!" in that they more-so convey "We're a little lost; can you direct us to the civic center?"

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but the tag team division is dealing with a glut of amazing tag teams that are only able to get recognized if they compete in random matches where nothing really is at stake. I really don't see the NXT crowd warming up to The Authors of Pain in the future, which would ordinarily be fine considering their heel status, though I think the crowd will be starting the "you can't wrestle!" chants very soon.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

If fans chants "You can't wrestle" at the Authors of Pain, it will only serve to reinforce the stereotype of wrestling fans being thicker than dog shit.

Despite their name presumably referencing the most underwhelming James Bond film of all time - save maybe that one with George Lazenby - the Authors of Pain are likely to be a valuable asset for NXT over the coming months. Those who question their credentials as big men need to direct me towards the genetically modified freakshow they watch as an alternative to NXT, where monsters eight feet tall and eight feet weight, bustling with veins, beat each other unconscious with cinder blocks.

If there's one type of team that NXT, and WWE, lacks - and we've had pretty decent approximations of the Legion of Doom, the Steiner Brothers, the Brain Busters, the New Age Outlaws, and the daringly post-modern "Adrian Neville & Corey Graves" - it's a couple of big hosses that are there to do nothing but hurt people. In their short time on our screens, the Authors - which is quickly proving to be too gentle of a nickname - have been convincing in this role.

With Enzo & Cass and the Vaudevillains on the main roster, the Revival and American Alpha jockeying to be the first to join them, BAMF fracturing, one can only see the Authors being one of the new pillars along with the comparatively indistinct Ciampa & Gargano and TM61 in the coming months. Claims that the division is crowded are confusing - any other division would be in panic mode if it had as few as, let's say, five legitimate competitors (see: the basically non-existent list of those who seem deserving of challenging Asuka for the title).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.