WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-25-2016, 08:41 AM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

I think everyone understands Ryback/"Ryborg"/"Goldback"'s limitations, except maybe him.

But I have to wonder, without 10,000+ chanting "feed me more", is he worth a damn thing? Does it work with TNA-sized crowds?

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:19 AM
Sausage Farmers
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Bischoff's Knob Slobberer sold outBischoff's Knob Slobberer sold out

I say bring the big guy in! WWE has the worse creative and shitty booking! WWE didn't know how to utilize EC3, Galloway, Lashley, or Eli Drake. TNA built them up and turned them all into legit superstars, something WWE was unable to do.

It's a great time to be a TNA fan! Can't wait for the additional WWE talent to be signed to an already impressive TNA roster!
Old 05-25-2016, 11:45 AM

ECPirate37 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think they should bring him in, and a few of the other released WWE stars. They don't have to push them to the moon, but having the name value alone might bring a few more people to POP TV. I like Ryborg, don't love him, but like him.

I've said on other threads that I am glad that TNA hasn't done an invasion angle lately, but this one could be really good, because they will bring in ACTUAL talent with name value, instead of "WHO???".

I think the best way to do it would bring in someone like Joey Ryan, or some other really good speaker that TNA got rid of, and have them be the one that introduces the group.

Like have a mystery wrestler with a bat and wearing a mask start taking people out backstage. After a few weeks, they finally catch him, bring him to the middle of the ring, and unmask him... it's Joey Ryan. He goes off about how TNA dropped the ball and he is a bigger star now, than he was in TNA. It can even be a shoot style thing. THEN, the lights go out, and when they come on there is a group of masked wrestlers that take out everyone in the ring except Ryan.... end show. I'd watch that! How about you?
Old 05-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If he does go to TNA, that Ryborg name is terrible. Causing his name to sound any closer to Goldberg is terrible. Why doesn't he just be "Silverback" Ryan Reeves? Even Silverback would just be an infinitely better name that could be potentially be taken more seriously.

If he does go to TNA, hopefully they make him earn his keep. Push him into the midcard and not hot shot him over top of so many others like EC3 or Mike Bennett that they should be pushing. He is not Kurt Angle, both literally and figuratively.

That Ryborg name would be crapped all over. Just have him be himself.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:50 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

firstly, i hope TNA isn't going after him first. if TNA is smart, they chase after 3 released WWE guys in no order...1) Damien Sandow...2) Wade Barrett and 3) Cody Rhodes.....then if they want Ryback, get him.

Sandow can wrestle and speak on the mic and if used right, he can be as good as Mike Bennett is in TNA. his character he had in WWE was somewhat similar to Bennett's and it was really great......Barrett also can speak and wrestle, he's just been given bad gimmicks. let him be himself, he was really great as the leader in Nexus....and finally, Cody Rhodes also can speak and wrestle, just dont give him dumb gimmicks. all three of those men have world title talent in the ring and on the mic.

Ryback (let's hope he never calls himself Ryborg) has the look, but his mic work is real odd and he's not better than those 3 in the ring. if Ryback does go to TNA, he'd be best in a Tyrus like gimmick. being someone's muscle, the other three that i mentioned above can be world champions.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:46 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

If Ryback feels he wasn't making enough money in WWE, I wonder how he'll react in TNA. Probably the only two guys on the TNA roster who're making mid to upper six figures are Matt & Jeff Hardy and a huge reason for that is because both were pretty big stars in WWE for a long time. Jeff was the bigger star while Matt blossomed by hanging onto Jeff's coattails as much as he could, but both were bigger stars in WWE than Ryback has been. That might be something that sticks in Ryback's craw, but it's true.

If he goes to TNA, my personal opinion is that he needs to outright ditch the meathead image he's spent 6 years building in WWE. We know he has an impressive physique, we know that he's quite strong but how about focusing more on personality and depth? Whether he goes to TNA or not, I think ditching the gymrat persona would be a good idea and if he's just not really able to click in terms of a character and can't really communicate unless he's acting like some two dimensional meathead, then don't push him up the card.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 06-09-2016, 05:32 PM

Eyrothath is looking to come up from OCW...

George Murdoch aka Brodus Clay was kind of similar, but they used his character as comedic relief when he could/should have been a monster heel.. TNA took him in and renamed him Tyrus and did just that, made him into a monster heel.. I imagine the same thing will happen to Ryback..
Old 06-09-2016, 06:01 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Alright so am I the only one who thinks that tweet is a joke? It's incredibly obvious that what it is.

Ryback wants equal pay for everyone (which is incredibly ridiculous in the entertainment industry, The Rock is going to draw more people than Hornswoggle hence The Rock should get more money). TNA probably cannot afford to do that.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Ryborg is a terrible, terrible name for obvious reasons. I mean, understand why he can't use Ryback, but Ryborg is just atrocious.

I have trouble buying into Ryback's whole spiel about equal pay, and it just sounds like the ramblings of a disgruntled employee. Funny thing, but unless I'm missing something, I don't remember Ryback taking a stand for equal pay, when he was chasing world titles and feuding with and main eventing pay per views with John Cena and CM Punk.

As far as the possibility of Ryback joining TNA goes, I don't see that much potential for a resurgence in TNA, and he doesn't strike me as the type of guy, who could possibly give TNA a spark. Personally, I enjoyed Ryback more as Skip Sheffield (mainly during the Nexus days), a more nuanced version of Ryback, but overall, Reeves never rose above the level of a mid-carder, and there's no real buzz surrounding him, so ultimately he'll just be another face in the crowd.

Also, I have an uneasy feeling about TNA possibly fast-tracking Ryback into the main event scene. If Reeves puts on a series of entertaining matches, or if he's able to show us something we haven't seen before, then of course he deserves his push. But I really hope they won't force things to try and squeeze some "He's an ex-WWE guy" mileage out of him.