WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default An Interesting Crossover...

I just saw that NXT is now going to be part of the Download Festival in the UK this June.

Download is what used to be "Monsters Of Rock" and this year is headlined by Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath & Rammstein.

This is a pretty interesting move for WWE and NXT as a brand, sending them over to work 3 days in the UK at basically a festival ground. Advertised are Balor, Nakamura and a few others as well, so it's not like they're skimping.

Personally I think it's a great idea, and has seriously made me think about going - normally I'd not bother, even seeing Sabbath doesn't make me WANT to go, but NXT there puts it over the top for me and makes me seriously consider it.

From a crossover perspective it seems a really good idea and a way to "break" NXT in the UK with more fans. Sure it is a little bit "carney" but that's probably part of the idea.

What does everyone think of this?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Interesting but I'm not sure I feel the need to go Download to miss bands to watch house shows in a tent.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Knockout Champion

rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This isn't the first time NXT will be working a music festival. Its actually a practice utilized fairly often on the Independent scene. Anyway, it is a clever strategic move on WWE's part. It brings focus towards the NXT Brand in a different atmosphere.

In another cross over attempt, especially with the ESPN partnership, NXT should try to work an event alongside the X Games. Maybe go big time with it. Takeover: X Games.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's not a new concept, WCW did it back in the '90s at the Sturgis Bike Rally. It's a cool way to get NXT some exposure in Britain though, and there's usually enough bands at these Festivals you don't want to see that you'd have plenty of time to check out the NXT tent and still make it back in time for Iron Maiden.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:18 AM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

PROGRESS actually did a show at Download last year.

I'm a big fan of wrestling in unusual settings. A tent in which nobody in the crowd is either a) sober or b) a wrestling fan is about as unusual as it gets. I can't wait to see the highlights.

Disclaimer: I'm sure there'll be at least half a dozen wrestling fans there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:18 PM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

It should be fun. I've been to wrestling shows at music festivals before and it's a blast. Especially if they are given space where they can brawl around the fest.