WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-25-2016, 04:36 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

First of all, Guys like Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Drew Galloway, EC3 etc are nowhere near WWE Rejects. Reject would mean that these guys don't have potential in them to be a part of WWE. But they have a lot of potential. They are just unutilized ex-WWE talents. Unutilized means TNA could make a star out of them with their booking like they did with EC3.

I have no problem in former WWE wrestlers becoming champions in TNA. But the wrestlers TNA signs should have potential to be a main eventer in future. Like Sandow, Barrett or Cody have.

And I don't want any of the mentioned to get title reigns just in the initial state of their TNA career. TNA should build them gradually with good booking, stars would be surely made out of the so-called WWE Rejects.

Drew was a jobber in WWE in his final days and now he is the TNA Heavyweight Champion. In my view, It doesn't suggest that TNA is a low league thats why he became the champ. It suggests that TNA saw the potential in Drew and used it unlike WWE.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:39 AM
Forever young!

Thepiedpiper is looking to come up from OCW...Thepiedpiper is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with most others, WWE is too crowded and they want what it seems as just a few at the top, where as TNA seems to use the underutilized ex WWE talents better Galloway and EC3 for instance.

As for Galloway being a "jobber" a lot of people seem to forget McMahons introduction of "Drew Mcintyre" as a future Heavyweight Champion.

I see nothing wrong with TNA giving ex WWE talent another chance to shine.

Mind you don't bring over the whole roster though...
Old 05-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepiedpiper View Post
As for Galloway being a "jobber" a lot of people seem to forget McMahons introduction of "Drew Mcintyre" as a future Heavyweight Champion.
No, people just give more credit to recent events. They also have a very curious habit here of thinking 'jobber' is a pejorative term.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:41 AM
Knockout Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
Right, but this isn't what they were guilty of in the past. They were guilty of putting Val fucking Venis over Christopher Daniels. Putting the Nasty Boyz at the combined age of like 168 over Eric Young. Putting Flair in front of AJ Styles.

If Rhodes is brought in, without a doubt, he goes over just about anyone. The roster is thin. They need star power to re-establish themselves.

But the last thing I want to see is Rhodes or Sandow brought in and beating EC3 out of the gate.

The right decisions need to be made.
Yea I will say the biggest difference to where TNA are right now and what they were years ago when they had Roode, Storm, Aries, Joe, Daniels, AJ, etc...is that the roster is pretty thin right now and there are no more "home growns". The only guy I wouldn't have any outsiders to beat is EC3. The others...they are not much. Maybe the Wolves? But as it stands I wouldn't she a tear if Cody would run over most people.

I could see Cody feuding for the X title but who's the Champ right now, Trevor Lee? lol I wish Aries was still there, Cody vs Aries would have been cool. I wish Goldust would leave the WWE too, a Rhodes Bros would help the tag team Div. a lot.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:41 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As has been mentioned already, it's not that TNA puts the title on former WWE guys, it's that so many of them are launched into the title picture almost the moment they arrive on the roster. Pushing former WWE wrestlers primarily just because they're former WWE wrestlers and hoping to piggy-back some buzz from that has been one of the most frequent criticisms of TNA in the last 10 years. I could see doing that once or twice, but TNA frequently has done it without really any success yet continued to do so while hoping to get different results. Once upon a time, they were putting guys like Val Venis, the Nasty Boyz, Mick Foley, Rob Van Dam, etc. over guys like Daniels, Kazarian and AJ Styles all while toxic spews like Abyssamania were going on.

Guys like Galloway and ECIII have done well in TNA but, and I'm not saying this to knock them as it's not their fault in any way, it'd feel and seem much more impressive if it was about 3 or 4 years ago. Guys like Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and Wade Barrett would be solid talent to add, but they're not game changers and shouldn't be pushed primarily because of time spent in WWE if they make their way to TNA. To be perfectly honest, I wonder if fans cheered Sandow so much because he wasn't getting push in WWE, knew he wasn't going to get pushed and cheered him as a means of giving Vince the finger; yet, I also wonder if interest would've died out if he'd started getting pushed since they wouldn't be flipping the bird to Vince. I mean, we saw it happen with Zack Ryder years back. Wade Barrett is a guy I always liked, but his biggest problem was that he was injury prone; almost every time he was in the middle of a program where he was gaining significant momentum, he'd suffer some sort of injury, usually a bum shoulder, that would put him on the shelf for about 6 months. During the last several months he was part of the League of Nations, he suffered some sort of undisclosed injury that kept him from getting remotely physical right until the very end when WWE started to kill off the group. Rhodes has the most potential as he's younger, had a ton of mid-card success in WWE, has suffered no significant injuries during his near 10 year time in WWE and has the legacy of the Rhodes name. If all of these men went to TNA, I think Rhodes would probably have the most luck getting pushed for his family name if nothing else.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria