WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you want Eric Young in NXT?
Yes 15 57.69%
No 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2016, 03:11 PM
The Mouth of the South Shore
Knockout Champion

JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...JJYanks121 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'll offer up a different perspective as to why I don't want Eric Young in NXT.

When NXT became an entity separate of being a pseudo-reality show, what made it cool was having up and coming guys making a name for themselves in NXT. Names like Rollins, Ambrose, Langston, Reigns, and Wyatt were given a platform to introduce themselves to part of the WWE universe and it worked like a charm.

To help get these talents over, lower level WWE talents would go down there for matches from time to time, simply to help with credibility. It was a formula that worked, and my fear is that NXT is starting to get away from this winning formula.

Over the past few months, we've seen Samoa Joe come to NXT, followed by Austin Aries, followed by Bobby Roode appearing in the crowd at the last Takeover, and finally Eric Young appearing on NXT. That's 4 names directly from the upper card of TNA and due to name recognition, it's hard not to react to them and want them pushed. If that's the case, where does that leave anybody else?

I for one do not want NXT turning into "what should have been theater" for TNA. I want it to be a place where guys go with the goal of making it to WWE. Be it from New Japan, ROH, other indies, TNA, or nowhere, the mixture should be evident. We do not need NXT to be TNA alumni dominant. That does nothing for WWE. What needs to be happening is young talents need to be cultivated. That can't happen with this overflow of former TNA stars. That's my reasoning for not wanting Eric Young here. It's simply becoming too much.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:45 PM
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

I seem to be in the minority when I say I've enjoyed everything I've seen EY do. From his time in Team Canada to World Elite to a comedy jobber and everything in between.

What some people are forgetting is that all he's ever done is what he was told. Pro wrestlers have people that they answer to just like any profession so I take it all with a grain of salt.

His versatility means he can work with anyone in any angle and I'm excited and happy to see him in a program I actually watch.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

I'm neutral. If he's on I'll watch him, but he's one of those guys that does their job well but ultimately just can't make me get behind him fully. I mean all of the gimmicks he had in TNA he did well, but I was never fully 100% invested.

He's a great talent to utlise no doubt but ultimately I'm not tuning in to soley see him.
Couldn't have said it better. I will give Young his dues, he's very talented and does an awesome job with every gimmick he's given but I don't care much to see him. I hope only the best for Young, but if he couldn't get over in TNA, I doubt he will get over much in wwe.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:31 PM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJYanks121 View Post
I'll offer up a different perspective as to why I don't want Eric Young in NXT.

When NXT became an entity separate of being a pseudo-reality show, what made it cool was having up and coming guys making a name for themselves in NXT. Names like Rollins, Ambrose, Langston, Reigns, and Wyatt were given a platform to introduce themselves to part of the WWE universe and it worked like a charm.

To help get these talents over, lower level WWE talents would go down there for matches from time to time, simply to help with credibility. It was a formula that worked, and my fear is that NXT is starting to get away from this winning formula.

Over the past few months, we've seen Samoa Joe come to NXT, followed by Austin Aries, followed by Bobby Roode appearing in the crowd at the last Takeover, and finally Eric Young appearing on NXT. That's 4 names directly from the upper card of TNA and due to name recognition, it's hard not to react to them and want them pushed. If that's the case, where does that leave anybody else?

I for one do not want NXT turning into "what should have been theater" for TNA. I want it to be a place where guys go with the goal of making it to WWE. Be it from New Japan, ROH, other indies, TNA, or nowhere, the mixture should be evident. We do not need NXT to be TNA alumni dominant. That does nothing for WWE. What needs to be happening is young talents need to be cultivated. That can't happen with this overflow of former TNA stars. That's my reasoning for not wanting Eric Young here. It's simply becoming too much.
But cultivating talent is good regardless of where they came from. I mean heck NXT had/has Owens, Zayn, Rollins, Balor, Nakamura (the last two came from NJPW arguably the second largest wrestling company in the world) And regardless of whether they came from WWE's farm system or a different company or the indies they're still trying to make a name in WWE. And I'd like to believe that's the essence of NXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:43 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

TellMeWhy sold outTellMeWhy sold outTellMeWhy sold outTellMeWhy sold outTellMeWhy sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Samoan Heritage View Post
Couldn't have said it better. I will give Young his dues, he's very talented and does an awesome job with every gimmick he's given but I don't care much to see him. I hope only the best for Young, but if he couldn't get over in TNA, I doubt he will get over much in wwe.
Couldn't get over how?? EY literally got over every single gimmick he was given in TNA no matter how crap it was. He is a guy that made the most of his opportunity. For you to sit there and say "he couldn't get over in TNA" shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:24 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh G. Rection View Post
Eric Young winning the TNA world title made me stop watching TNA. I never really had anything against him as a performer but his literal one week push from comedy jobber to world champ was absurd.

I was very surprised to hear about his debut in NXT, and it wasn't really in a good way. He can wrestle, he can do promos, but is he really anything special in either area? I just can't help but feel he would be a waste of a roster space.

That being said I saw nothing of his world title reign or his work since, so it's possible he's done some great work I have not seen. But this is probably the only free agent signing ive been against.
I heard that Eric Young was given the TNA title, because they thought that people would get behind like WWE fans did with Daniel Bryan. Eric Young was made the "Daniel Bryan" of TNA at the time (copying WWE) and since Bryan won the belt, and came from underdog to the top, they did the same with Eric Young.

However, the difference is that Bryan had an already built-in fanbase, and the fans legitimately thought that Bryan was getting buried, so they backed him. EY was portrayed as a goofball who had no built-in fanbase, and was more sloppily pushed, and no-one felt that he was given unfair treatment by TNA in real life.

I don't have a problem if Eric Young goes to TNA, but only if they build him better, and not do stupid things with him like "Super Eric".
Old 05-14-2016, 02:42 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I would have swayed towards no if I hadn't seen his NxT debut match against the NxT Champion Samoa Joe.

But after I saw it, Its a Yes! from me for Eric Young in NxT. The match was good enough to impress me.

He may not be special but he is good enough to be in NxT. His facial expressions during his entrance were good enough and promo was nearly good.

I am expecting an Eric Young Vs. Bobby Roode match at NxT TakeOver in June.