WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-08-2016, 12:35 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Sandow was a great performer. Great on the mic. Can get a crowd going. Hilarious when he wanted to be. Made Lemonade and Lemon Meringue pie out of the lemons creative threw at him. Hie problem was that he did not have the "look" that Dunn and VKM covet. Let me put it in another way: Give Sandow Ryback's body, and he would have been Main Eventing WM32 and would have walked out with the WWE World Strap. "look" worship at Titan Towers is what killed Sandow in the end.

However, he is going to make a KILLING on the Indy scene. BookDow@gmail.com is probably flooded with offers for shows from coast to coast. If he continues to develop his brand, he might tell WWE to go screw themselves as he will make a ton of money with far less work. And, he will get far more recognition similar to the Young Bucks. I can see his merch table now: He gets 50 people per show to buy pictures and autographs at $20 a pop, giving the home promotion a little cut, he can walk out of there clearing $700 before he even gets into the ring. That is just for photos! Now, add the shirts and other merch, and he will absolutely clear $150-250 grand a year working 2-3 days a week. Sandow, in the end, will be better off.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:00 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnVince View Post
It seems he had tremendous momentum with as Mizdow. What appeared to cut the jugular of his momentum was WWE's failure to properly pay off the Miz-Sandow partner/feud/tension/jealousy
I think it's more ow they follow it up. They had a shot a getting him out of this comedic role and give him a serious gimmick and instead they decided to give him the macho mandow gimmick that what kill is momemtum.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:11 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Aww Sandow was great and I loved him.
I will miss him and hope that one day the WWE realizes that they made a huge mistake. They think he wasn't good enough for them, when in reality, they weren't good enough for him.
Pretty much this.

Damien Sandow was a greatly misused or rather unused talent. He was nowhere near the level of a jobber. But still, he was made a jobber, not even a glorified one. This guy was just awesome. I loved him.

His Saviour gimmick was damn good and I loved to hate him while respecting him. He was a great heel, I mean a good ol' traditional heel who didn't have go-away heat like some others. His intensity was great. He got paired with another great talent like Cody Rhodes. His mic work was great and in-ring work was good too. He was good looking too.

WWE gave him the MITB briefcase and I was happy about it until the failed cash-in.

WWE then gave him another dumb gimmick in Mizdow and he made it gold with his skills and got immensely over. Much like Cody, You give any gimmick and he could make it work. Then he had the Macho Man-esque gimmick which was soon scrapped.

If someone remembers correctly, he did return back to his old gimmick and did a promo too in the ring about it. Then he was never seen except jobbing in ATGMBR and getting crushed by Baron Corbin.

This whole thing sucks a lot. I mean, a great potential is wasted like this.

In one sentence, I could tell Sandow's story:

"He was damn good in every matter much like The New Day but he had no support like New Day has."
Old 05-08-2016, 07:45 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

It's a damn shame WWE didn't utilize Sandow to his full potential. As other have said he's done some great work with what they gave him with the intellectual savior gimmick. When he cashed the money in the bank he had a good match with Cena and showed he could possibly be a headliner. Of course The Mizdow gimmick was only supposed to be a one off comedy segment. But it ended getting over huge and we had months of hilarious television with him and The Miz. I was hoping he would confront The Miz and challenge for the IC Championship and at least get him back in the spotlight and on TV again. Or if they don't want to push him they could have at least used him for comedy relief and it would be way better than these R Truth, Goldust, Social Outcast segments we have to sit through.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:41 AM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

They did that with Luke Gallows, but not everyone can be that successful outside WWE, no matter how talented fans think they are... Sandow had some major heat in WWE he was never able to recover from, and with all the new talents coming in making a name for themself on NXT and WWE, there wasn't a spot for him anymore.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Not much to be said about what went wrong with Sandow that hasn't already been. A lot of people point to this supposed falling out backstage. I don't know if it has any merit. Usually when these things happen rumours leak out. Where there's smoke there's fire, and in the case of Sandow there really isn't any other smoke other than a colossal de-push.

Don't misconstrue me as a WWE fanboy, I do think they blew it with this guy. What I do think though is that he didn't piss off anyone backstage, and his decline began with the decision to amalgamate the two world titles. Sandow was a world champion when the B World Heavyweight Championship, then in a one world title WWE he wasn't.

Something else changed, as the fall wasn't to the midcard and he became a comedic enhancement talent. Some consider this to be a punishment, others see this as having a job and a place on the roster. Place whatever bias or perception you have on it.

With Sandow being a Mr. Money in the Bank, having the Killer Kowalski connection with Triple H, you think the dude would have a free ride essentially, but it wasn't meant to be.

I don't want to blame the victim of bad booking, that's for WWE. I have to wonder though if Sandow (or any of these other fad wrestlers - Ryder, Fandango, etc.) get over and then are pushed in a serious manner, if it has any kind of longevity. We don't know as WWE buried them and left them off TV when their reactions were hottest.

A lot of people throw around the word buried on these and other wrestling forums, but Sandow is one of a few recent examples of a real and true burial. I think they're afraid of the fad popularity, the risk of exposing the business or setting the expectations that the vocal minority controls storylines or sets the precedents.

I don't think Sandow was the next Daniel Bryan. I think he was fun certainly, adequate and well rounded enough in the ring. I doubt he would have succeeded in a serious gimmick. It was comedy that got him over after all.

Sandow is a great get for any promotion. He could be a big player in TNA or in Japan. I don't think he's ROH material, nor do I think comedy has much of a place in LU. The only reason I don't mention GFW is a lack of a TV deal. Sandow has a few good years left in him, it will be exciting to see where he goes from here.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:04 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

I just emailed the address he posted for bookings just say "thank you" from a fan. I hope you will, too. Let the man know he will be missed.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:25 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Valjean View Post
Sandow knocked every character he was given out of the park, got over on his own merit, but WWE was like "NOPE!". No matter what he did, Vince and Co. decided Sandow would never mean anything despite proving otherwise, and there's seemingly little a talent can do once Vince has a set opinion about them. Sandow's failure is entirely on WWE as far as I'm concerned.

What makes his release so frustrating is that Sandow did get over with the larger audience. The Mizdow character was one of the hottest acts in the company at the time. It was hilarious and the fans respected Damien for taking such a silly idea and making it work. Sandow should have won the Andre Battle Royal at WM 31, but WWE decided Big Show needed that win more for reasons better understood by subterranean crab people.

Even before Mizdow, his Intellectual Savior gimmick was quite good and could have carried him for years as a charismatic midcard heel that maybe wins the occasional title, but ultimately loses to bigger rising stars. Much like Miz's Hollywood stuff today, Genius Sandow was a clearly defined and unique persona, plus he felt so natural in the role. I loved the Deep Blue chess computer segment, as well as his interaction with DX at Raw 1000.

The genius persona should have been a relative breeze to write, but they booked the character in over his head by giving him MITB in an illogical move, only to pay it off in one of the more forgettable cash-ins. He fell through the floor after that through no fault of his own. That's the story of Sandow's career in a nutshell.

At the very least, I believe Sandow still had value as a beloved jobber in the vein of Tye Dillinger in NXT, making you invest in his squashes simply because he's involved. It's always good to have jobbers you actually care about, but I guess WWE disagrees when it comes to Sandow specifically.

Damien could come back as the returning hero in a couple years, it just depends on where he goes and what he does in the mean time. It's too soon to predict whether or not that route will work for him.
I guess we didn't buy enough of his merchandise and gave him a good enough reaction live. They say that's the biggest factors in making it.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:29 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...

Damien Sandow connected with the crowd and entertained. I was disappointed and a little surprised that they let him go. I mean I shouldn't be, but I thought they (WWE management) would change their minds, get their heads out their asses and realize they had something with Sandow.The guy could entertain and he did connect with the crowd and they did nothing but cut the legs from underneath him. He wins MITB match he loses to Cena, no secondary title IC or US. He kills as Miz' stunt double they break up no long Miz/Sandow rivalry leading to a great conclusion. He does impressions gets fan support for that and then he is taken off tv for a time or is barely used and hardly used on tv till he is released.

When you actually think of the people they push who can't talk for shit and they wear titles and here is this guy who can't get a title run beyond a short stint as tag team champion ? Are you kidding me ? This company did a fucking disservice to this talented performer.

Japan would be great for him. GFW has no tv, TNA is struggling and may be gone without some kind of intervention. ROH is ROH, not much of an audience. There are the independents but everything other WWE is a step down and the truth is Sandow deserves to be there.

Last edited by jacdnwarrior : 05-13-2016 at 06:38 PM.