WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

My main strategy is to read the Results and then watch another promotion while I wait for the next PPV. Ever since Wrestlemania I haven't really watched even a glimpse of most RAWs. The current Champion bores me to death. I probobally wouldn't even care if it was shorter than 3 hours currently.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:49 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

If you really think about it during that 3 hours you can get a lot of stuff done. If a match comes one I'm not interested in will go and fill the dishwasher and turn it on. Or throw a load of laundry in, make coffee or have a smoke. Sometimes I flip over to Facebook and have a chat with some friends, or do anything that needs attention.

You don't have to spend the whole three hours watching the show, and most probably don't. Some DVR it and skip what they don't want, others watch the highlight's later on Youtube. It doesn't bother me how long the show is really, because I still get done what I have too, and am able to watch what I really want to see live. it's not a problem.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:04 AM
The D.G.A.F.F.O.O.O. Champion
WWE Diva's Champion

mral82 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I'm guess all the PPL whom Complain about RAW's 3 hours are the Same PPL whom would watch an NFL, MLB, on any of them Weekly and not have a problem watching as they all go 3+hrs but PPL complain about Wrestling being 3 hours. To me them FANS are MoFo Hypocrites that just need to understand yeah there's gonna be filler Segments as it can't be 2 hrs and 20 Min on Non Stop Matches as that get boring. As myslef I was The Womens' Matches but get sidetracked on the Non Female Crap and most def Tune out during Roman Reigns like I did w. Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy in the past as they do the same things every match where it gets Boring. So I just enjoy the Ride as I've been watching or a Fan of Pro Wrestling for 31+ years and have seen some of the lamest things ever.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:39 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika View Post
My main strategy is to read the Results. The current Champion bores me to death.
So much of this.

Here in India, Raw is telecasted live on tuesday at 6 AM. I am lazy enough to wake up at 6.30 AM as I need to depart from home at 8 AM. So what I do mostly is to catch a glimpse of Raw and then go to college. During my journey, I just read the results and the Live Discussion about it at WZ Forums.

Raw telecast repeats at 4 PM and I just tune in at that particular time when my interested segment or match takes place. I have been doing this since a long time.

And RAW isn't so great that I need to watch it wholely.

Another thing I believe that people complain about 3 hours being stretched and containing fillers. I agree with them. But think if WWE went back to 2 hours, the fillers would still be there. Instead the segments/matches we like would be cut down to lesser time interval.

Edit - Raw has damn long commercials here too.

Last edited by ShinChan : 05-11-2016 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention ads.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:41 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Oy, yet another "3 hours" thread.

The common misconception in these threads is that the idea of RAW is to present a fully satisfying and entertaining experience from the time the show starts to when it ends. It is not. The idea of RAW, and why USA requests a 3-hour program, is to sell as much advertising space as possible for as high of a price as possible. RAW performs better than anything else USA brings to the table; if they thought anyone would tune in to watch a show starting at 7, you'd see a four-hour RAW. (Before anyone gets going about "but I read this story on the main page about ratings and", television ratings are down across the board; this is a function of people cancelling their cable subscriptions in favor of newer services like Netflix and Hulu.)

Basically, enough people are watching this shit that USA will continue to request that the WWE produce more of this shit. It doesn't matter if you find yourself entertained- merely being around a television with noise playing is sufficient for these purposes.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:43 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...

3 hours seems like a huge block of time devoted to a program. The minute I heard that Raw was going three hours long, I had serious concerns. They struggled to make 2 hours entertaining. They go three hours and its the same problem, same repetitive matchups, too much boring segments, too much talking not enough wrestling, very predictable. TO be fair other programs are 3 hours long etc. NFL, NBA, MLB etc but those programming aren't using conversation in exchange of the action the way WWE or entertainment value isn't as way down as on Raw. And while I do think that some events are too long at 3 hours (eg MLB) Raw really drags on when you're watching it.

They need to make changes. When you see they go three hours and yet can't make room for talent to do anything. They're releasing talent who you can use on your show for even a 2-5 minute match/ segment to change things up a little. Not saying that any of these released performers would be the answer to its problems (Sandow was pretty damn good though), it could have helped add things and given the performers some tv ttime.

They have 3 hours they get more revenue, they need to make some alterations to increase the entertainment.

Last edited by jacdnwarrior : 05-11-2016 at 12:10 PM.