WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Greatest Tag Team Ever???
The Rockers (Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannetty) 0 0%
Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal) 17 32.08%
Hardy Boys (Matt and Jeff Hardy) 3 5.66%
Dudley's Boyz (Bubba Ray D-Von) 9 16.98%
Edge and Christian 4 7.55%
Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray) 1 1.89%
(The Outsiders) Kevin Nash and Scott Hall 1 1.89%
( The Mega Powers) Ultimate Warrior & Randy Savage 0 0%
The Von Erich's 0 0%
Rock and Roll Express. (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson) 0 0%
Hart Foundation {Brett Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Nivielle, etc.) 3 5.66%
New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Billy Gunn) 3 5.66%
(The Four Horsemen) Ole and Arm Anderson 3 5.66%
Brothers of Destruction ( Undertaker and Kane)@ 1 1.89%
Other let us know!!! 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2016, 03:38 PM
ROH Pure Champion

FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmoon View Post
I also agree with those ITT saying that Arn and Tully would be a better choice than Arn and Ole. Arn and Tully are probably my favorite tag team of all-time and imo the best team in the country for about a five year stretch. .
I believe they were the first team to hold both the NWA & WWE Tag Titles (back before frequent federation jumping was common). They did it before The Road Warriors and its honestly hard to think of anyone else who accomplished that in the 80s or 90s as most of the top teams even if they wrestled in multiple promotions only found considerable success in one.

Blanchard & Anderson were fantastic at selling the other guys offense, and very quick (surprisingly so) and creative with their own offense, so much so that they were convincing getting the upper hand on much larger foes like LOD & Demolition but skilled and fast enough to wrestle hold for hold with the likes of Hart Foundation, Rockers, and Rock & Roll Express.

I didn't end up voting for them but they are a worthy choice
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:05 AM
Future Endeavored

SHAGAMANIA 3:16 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Hardy Boyz are my favorite always exciting to watch and very charismatic they have a lot of my favorite matches.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:14 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
I always have to favor the underdog, and that's why I voted for Harlem Heat.

I remember Booker T used to do a somersault leg drop off the top rope, which for me was one of the most amazing moves being done at the time. He and Stevie Ray were putting on incredible matches with teams like Cactus Jack and Maxx Payne, The Steiner Brothers and The Road Warriors.

Most of the time it was Harlem Heat being fed to the other teams at WCW, but occasionally they would come out on top which would cause me to mark out like a Bernie Sanders supporter at last night's debate.

Edit; Honorable Mention:

I tend to agree with everyone saying the Road Warriors due to how over they were and their success but I too voted Harlem Heat for my own personal favorite, 10 time tag champs! Kind of surprised nobody has chimed in for the Headshrinkers or any of the Samoan teams yet.

That leg drop was awesome, the Harlem Hangover later the Houston hangover once they acknowledged Booker wasn't from Harlem. Back in the pre NWO Monday Night Wars their matches were usually the only thing that could keep me on Nitro over Raw. They eventually put them over most teams other than the Outsiders, I recall they were pretty hot when they were managed by Sherri and Col. Rob Parker at the same time.

Honorable mention WCW team for me -the Faces of Fear, Meng and the Barbarian just for the sheer bad assery despite being jobbed out a lot.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:56 PM

Olan is looking to come up from OCW...Olan is looking to come up from OCW...

Road Warriors w/o a doubt. They had the look, the charisma and the believability. They were the best
Old 04-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Future Endeavored

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Lex Luger and Sting: an underrated on-and-off tag team from 1988-1991; and again from 1995-2000.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:31 PM

ServantofTwilight is looking to come up from OCW...ServantofTwilight is looking to come up from OCW...ServantofTwilight is looking to come up from OCW...ServantofTwilight is looking to come up from OCW...ServantofTwilight is looking to come up from OCW...ServantofTwilight is looking to come up from OCW...ServantofTwilight is looking to come up from OCW...

I went with The Road Warriors.

In an interview once Animal said that there are only a handful of wrestlers who could walk into the ring with no fanfare, not say anything, stand in the middle of the ring, raise their hand up into the air and have the crowd go nuts. Hogan, Austin and Sammartino are a few who could do this. The Road Warriors were a team who could do this. Thats how over they were.

This is a team who if they were faces of heels were loved by the fans. They never really had any face turns. Basically they were heels who became so loved that the promoters slowly started matching them against heel teams, making them slowly into faces. The thing was that they never changed their style. This happened in the AWA while they were champs so that they went from wrestling The High Flyers and Fabulous Ones to battling the Long Riders or The Freebirds. In the NWA they turned them heel by having them attack Dusty Rhodes and Sting and still the fans stayed with them so that they ended up battling heel teams again.

Secondly they were constantly mimicked by other teams including The Bladerunners, The Powers of Pain and Demolition. The latter two teams The Road Warriors feuded with and dominated.

They may have not been the fastest or most technically sound but the Road Warriors were the greatest ever.

In the other category I would like to mention a team that gets no love what so ever. The High Flyers, Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzel. I know Greg worked for his father so often is overlooked but The High Flyers were way over in the 70s/early 80s. Whether as contenders chasing belts or as champions the crowds were into them. They held the AWA tag titles twice, one reign lasting about two years. They feued with teams like Stevens and Patterson, The Blackjacks, Blackjack Lanza and Bobby Duncum, East=West Connection, Stevens and Bockwinkel, Blackwell and Patera, The Freebirds and The Road Warriors. And in all of those they held their own. They deserve more love then they get.