WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-29-2016, 12:17 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekooljt View Post
Hey guys, does it worry you that many of the best wrestlers (in NXT) moved to the main roster? I agree with what many of you have said that NXT is it's own animal. But with so many of the best NXT talent on the main roster, I feel that NXT may have lost some of its luster. Just a thought.
Oh really? Samoa Joe, Asuka, Balor, Bayley, Nakamura, Austin Aries, Alexa Bliss and now Eric Young are on NXT, that's a hell of an amount of talent.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:26 AM

nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Hey guys, does it worry you that many of the best wrestlers (in NXT) moved to the main roster? I agree with what many of you have said that NXT is it's own animal. But with so many of the best NXT talent on the main roster, I feel that NXT may have lost some of its luster. Just a thought.
I guess hardcore NXT fans would be upset about their favorite guys going to the main roster because they do not enjoy the WWE shows as much as NXT. I've seen people here say things like they don't want Balor or other guys to go up for fear of being "wasted" or "ruined" on the main roster, so I defintely understand your point.

It's not entirely the same since this isn't a competetive sport, but for me I think of NXT as slightly akin to minor league baseball or the NBA D league. It should be the goal of the front office and the talent that these guys become good/over enough to be mainstays on the main roster. Meanwhile, the NXT roster should be constantly getting new younger talents to continue that cycle. I doubt as a kid any of these guys were saying to themselves "when I grow up I want to break into the business and go all the way to the top spot for OVW or FCW".
Old 04-29-2016, 03:47 AM
Magical Girl

Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Not in the slightest. Today's "best" is a subjective matter anyway, and there are lots of people in NXT who are on the same high calibre of performance. There's plenty of solid talent left on NXT. NXT can and should be cyclical. It's in the nature of the beast that most talent eventually goes to other areas of the company. Even if they don't it's no bad reflection on them.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:21 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMainEvent View Post
Let me start by saying I love NXT and how it is currently structured
Ah, well. Thread overwith.

This actually puts into perfect perspective the targeting that is done for NXT, and why its not "better" than RAW, or vice-versa.

Your friends, who watch RAW and seem to think its good (which make them the scourge of the earth) watched NXT on YOUR paid-for Network account.

Exactly.

NXT is targeted towards the type of person who would actively seek out and pay for the network. Not only do you fit this criteria, but you said you love the show, so

Bada bing bada boom, realest brand in the room.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:16 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Seeing as Pro-Wrestling is a scripted sport I'd like to think all wrestling programs are "sports entertainment".

As for more story lines I don't think so since the NXT Show is only an hour long and their PPV/Specials is 2 hours. With that limited time NXT delivers the basic stories (heels vs faces) story lines effectively you spice up a backstage segment and video packages here and there and you get a show that tells a story that keeps the fans engaged.

Also one advantage NXT has is that you can stop watching NXT for 3 months and pick it up right after because their stories aren't over complex and easy to follow. Where was watching the WWE you can get lost with the product after 3 months.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:57 PM

thekooljt is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
Oh really? Samoa Joe, Asuka, Balor, Bayley, Nakamura, Austin Aries, Alexa Bliss and now Eric Young are on NXT, that's a hell of an amount of talent.
I'm not really talking about guys who came from TNA. I'm talking about those individuals who helped take NXT to that next level. Who made it more than just a minor league.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:02 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

No Way, because it's pitched as "the alternative" to the WWE style.

Regular WWE programming is best described as a soap opera SET in a wrestling show/company. NXT IS a wrestling show... it's a massive difference and USP.