WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-04-2016, 12:17 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Rough go for Reigns in this one, although there was a pretty convincing pop right after his title win... until they were drowned out by boos. I really don't see WWE keeping Reigns as the prototypical babyface going forward, I don't know if he was just reacting to the boos or trying to play into the crowd, but some of his mannerisms were really heelish last night. I fully expect (silly me, right) Reigns to cut a scathing promo and change up his attitude now that his feud (hopefully) with the Authority is over. Whether that means trying to re-invent himself as a no-nonsense tweener or a full-blown heel, it's time to try something different. They've established Reigns successfully, the guy's a legitimate main eventer. Now it's time to get him over. Ironic eh?

It was an alright match but they were really just going through the motions. Whoever the fuck booked the actual sequence of the match needs to give their head a shake, and I'm almost sure that was HHH. Why did they book Roman as the underdog when it was OBVIOUSLY not working? Why did his whole offense consist of clotheslines, SMP's, and Spears? That was a huge criticism of Reigns earlier in his push that he had been able to shake off. Why was the whole formula so damn fundamentally basic? The right decision would have been Reigns beating the hell out of HHH and enjoying every second of it, but God forbid HHH doesn't look strong at Mania.

The right man won, but something needed to happen at Mania instead of everything taking place on Raw the next night.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Rant time...

The match was garbage. And not from a worked perspective. It followed whatever standard that a typical match should, and would have worked for your typical RAW. Except that this was not RAW but the biggest Wrestlemania of all time. It didn't follow any of the logic and buildup that the WWE had laid out. I expected to see Reigns come out guns blazing and whipping Trips ass every step of the way. I'm not saying that Triple H should have lied down and taken it, but the match should have been a gritty slug-fest. We got the slug-fest, only that Reigns spent about half the match getting his ass kicked. Where's the sense in that? WWE has portrayed Roman Reigns every way except the Roman Reigns way. He felt like Daniel Bryan 2.0 in this match. The plucky underdog going out to topple the hardened veteran. No, that approach doesn't work when you are 6'5 and 270 pounds. I lost interest in this match about halfway through, and I'm not surprised the crowd did too. I have no idea where Reigns goes from here. WWE caught lightning in a bottle when Reigns defeated Sheamus for the title in Philly. Looking back on this Reigns never should have lost the belt at the Rumble. That was a huge mistake.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:47 PM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Rant time...

The match was garbage. And not from a worked perspective. It followed whatever standard that a typical match should, and would have worked for your typical RAW. Except that this was not RAW but the biggest Wrestlemania of all time. It didn't follow any of the logic and buildup that the WWE had laid out. I expected to see Reigns come out guns blazing and whipping Trips ass every step of the way. I'm not saying that Triple H should have lied down and taken it, but the match should have been a gritty slug-fest. We got the slug-fest, only that Reigns spent about half the match getting his ass kicked. Where's the sense in that? WWE has portrayed Roman Reigns every way except the Roman Reigns way. He felt like Daniel Bryan 2.0 in this match. The plucky underdog going out to topple the hardened veteran. No, that approach doesn't work when you are 6'5 and 270 pounds. I lost interest in this match about halfway through, and I'm not surprised the crowd did too. I have no idea where Reigns goes from here. WWE caught lightning in a bottle when Reigns defeated Sheamus for the title in Philly. Looking back on this Reigns never should have lost the belt at the Rumble. That was a huge mistake.
How much of that is on Triple H's ego, Bern? I have to think that HHH wouldn't want to allow himself to be manhandled and that is why the match was booked in that way, storyline logic be damned.

But, you know, Give Triple H his "due", since he did some amazing stuff last night.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:22 PM
WWE European Champion

Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This match was pretty shit, up to the main event I was middle of the road with Mania (not bad but not great) and then this match happened at made it bad, not because Reigns won (although it didn't help the situation) but because the match was a lot worse than I expected. Reigns has some pretty damn good matches under his belt and this one was completely underwhelming. I understand the story called for Triple H vs. Reigns but Trips just isn't that good at really putting over younger guys and has done a fairly shit job doing it since Batista. For Triple H to do it well he needs someone that can actually outperform him in the ring (like D.Bry) or have someone on his side to play off of (Evolution vs. The Shield) and if he doesn't have that then the match is more or less trash. That's essentially what happened here, it's not that Triple H didn't try but he's just not the guy to put Reigns over.

Make Dimension X great again!
Old 04-04-2016, 03:49 PM
ROH Pure Champion

laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This was one of my favorite matches of the night. I think HHH should have won, but that's because I don't think the smarks are going to let Reigns ever be the champion, because they find their own opinions too important.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Shawn Michaels ♥
Undisputed WWE Champion

HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...HBK-aholic is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

The match was ok, but just not the match they should have had at Mania. The last few weeks, we've had a furious Reigns beating on Triple H, and a Triple H who didn't even come to the stadium with Reigns there (Aside from to pick up Stephanie, of course), yet the match didn't convey any of that intense hatred I was a) expecting and b) hoping for. Instead, it was worked as an 'Underdog finally gets his title shot' match. Ignoring the fact Reigns was already a 2 time Champion, and looks like, you know, a monster.

It didn't help that this match was the main event of the biggest Mania of all time. And also the longest. The fans had been in that arena almost 7 hours by this point. Yes it's Mania, and it's awesome. But come on now! I'm a huge Reigns fan, and glad he won. But moreso, I am so glad this feud is finally over.