WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
RatedRCodeezie's Avatar
RatedRCodeezie RatedRCodeezie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22
RatedRCodeezie is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S#cial Sector View Post
You really are stupid, aren't you? Roman Reigns as a guy walking around in swat gear beating the shit out of people works, it's always going to. Of course he was going to keep the gimmick. Everything about Edge stayed basically the same since he left the Brood, and he's revered as one of the best of all time, and rightfully so. Roman Reigns doing what he does is believable and makes sense. If you had kept the same shtick on Rollins or Ambrose after the Shield split, then I could see your point because it just doesn't make sense. Roman being in full on body armor and bulldozing makes sense for a person of his build.
Dude, I NEVER post here but this is absurd. Were you watching WWE in 2005? When Edge, Matt Hardy and Lita had a real life love triangle? For your information - that incident was parlayed into a WWE angle that turned Edge into the most despised heel in the whole company. He turned into the sleazy, cocky Rated-R Superstar that we had never seen before. This ascended him to main event level, leading to the first ever Money in the Bank cash in and ultimately his first WWE title win. He remained in the main event until his retirement. This is after already wrestling for 14 years, 8 of which were spent with the WWE. He evolved from Brood, to goofy Bill + Ted guy with Christian, to face rocker IC champ before the evolution I spoke of above. Edge was dynamic as hell and constantly tweaking his character.

Sorry man, but that is an AWFUL comparison. I couldn't sit by and let you spread that nonsense.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-31-2016, 12:29 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is online now
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Age: 38
Posts: 1,283
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
If Reigns is bringing in the money then they'll continue to push him as far as they can. I don't know who's buying all this stuff though because here in Toronto you go to a show and you don't see a lot of Reigns shirts. It's mostly Cena, Bryan, Owens and Macho Man. Lot's buy the Macho Man shirts because Walmart sells them for 10 bucks.

Don't know about other cities and what their fans are wearing there though, but see don't see a lot of Reigns shirts when they pan the audience. Or maybe I'm missing them.
Here in montreal, is merchandise is selling really well as have seen alot of fans with either roman reigns shirt or necklace or anything else with his name on it. I talk to one of my friends that worked one the merchandise both at the last house show we had a couple of weeks ago and he told me that outside reigns merchandise was a really big seller and that outside of kevin owens and brock lesnar, the roman reigns shirts we're the third most sold shirts and the guy wasn'T even on the card.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-31-2016, 02:19 PM
Noshowers's Avatar
Noshowers Noshowers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 33
Posts: 69
Noshowers is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
I liked Roman Reigns better when Jason Momoa played him.

People have different reasons for not enjoying Roman and/or his current and recent programs. I would not assume that that many people are doing it to be cool. There really is nothing cool to being a wrestling fan in the first place.

The problems have been spelled out in this thread already (did anyone mention the fact that he wrestles in a veast?). It just hasn't worked. If things continue at this trajectory it is probably never going to work. Maybe that is ok. Boos don't cost the WWE a penny. However if he is hurting their bottom line a change needs to be made. Heel turn seems like the most obvious but who knows?

In a week he'll have two Mania main events in his pocket. It bothers me that the guy who is not in my top ten (if I actually had a top ten) holds that honor. I'd be happy to root for him if he was on his second year with a midcard title but the spots he is getting are too much.
Agree with this 100%. If I told someone I rooted against Roman Reigns cause I thought that would make me cool, the normal response around the watercooler would be calling out wrestling for being fake and I should watch MMA or something.

I think the biggest problem with certain fans that say stuff like this is they are the ones trying to be hipster fans and show how "smart" they are by pretending to be wrestling executives and talking about marketability, merchandising and other behind the scenes factors they have no knowledge of. They just repeat random talking points instead of writing about what they enjoy watching. I am glad the Live Wrestling Community in arenas across the country verbally let WWE know what they want.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-31-2016, 04:28 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is online now
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Age: 38
Posts: 1,283
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noshowers View Post
Agree with this 100%. If I told someone I rooted against Roman Reigns cause I thought that would make me cool, the normal response around the watercooler would be calling out wrestling for being fake and I should watch MMA or something.

I think the biggest problem with certain fans that say stuff like this is they are the ones trying to be hipster fans and show how "smart" they are by pretending to be wrestling executives and talking about marketability, merchandising and other behind the scenes factors they have no knowledge of. They just repeat random talking points instead of writing about what they enjoy watching. I am glad the Live Wrestling Community in arenas across the country verbally let WWE know what they want.
that's all well and good but while the live wrestling community are being vocal, they are not affecting the wwe's bottom line and the casual wrestling fans are more vocal by speaking the language that WWE officials understands and that's money.

They just did a market research the prove that casual fans are more into Roman reigns that any of the guys that the live wrestling community wants to be in his spot. Has far as merchandise sell is concerns, he ranks 4th behind lesnar,cena and the undertaker. So why would WWE change anything as it pretends to reigns if casual fans actually like this guy? just to please the more vocal section of the crowd that don't put money in their pocket.

So, this as been the way WWE as worked since vince bought the company from his dad, if you want to get your guy in a main event position, makes sure that he sell alot of merchandise for the company, that'S the only way you will get your, dean ambrose and kevin owens over as top stars in WWE by buying their stuff and making sure that they beat Roman reigns in the merchandise sell because you can be as vocal as you want, if the bottom line says otherwise then they will keep pushing the guy you don'T like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-31-2016, 06:13 PM
Navi's Avatar
Navi Navi is offline
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,970
Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...
Default

The whole issue is with fans buying tickets and that's the reason for them continuing to push Reigns, well I'm not buying into that.

For example, I go to the shows to see Ambrose, Cesaro, Orton, Cena, Reigns, Owens and others. I don't go to the shows to see someone like Sheamus, so if they started pushing him (they won't, but if they did) based on the fact that I bought a ticket, then they would be wrong.

The thing is there is more than one wrestler on the roster and most fans I would assume go to see their favourite, that obviously right now isn't Roman Reigns with regards to the responses he gets. So they aren't paying to go see him, he is just part and parcel of the whole show. For the WWE to say that fans still pay to see the show, well they do, not necessarily him.

I was looking online earlier today and came across a story that I don't know if it's bullshit or what but Forbes is involved in it. Some fans are advocating what basically amounts to as a strike at Mania. In other words, when the main event comes on, which should be HHH/Reigns, they want fans to show their displeasure by just getting up and walking out.

While I think that's crap, why would you spend all that money to go to Dallas and walk out, it would work in a way. If a quarter or more of your audience leaves before that match it would show Vince and company, on their biggest night of the year just exactly how fans feel. But as I said it's bullshit and who in their right mind would do that, but it is possible. I wouldn't do it, but at the same time like I said before, just because I buy a ticket doesn't mean I want to see someone like for example Sheamus or Del Rio.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Just Zay'n Just Zay'n is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 98
Just Zay'n is looking to come up from OCW...Just Zay'n is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
The whole issue is with fans buying tickets and that's the reason for them continuing to push Reigns, well I'm not buying into that.

For example, I go to the shows to see Ambrose, Cesaro, Orton, Cena, Reigns, Owens and others. I don't go to the shows to see someone like Sheamus, so if they started pushing him (they won't, but if they did) based on the fact that I bought a ticket, then they would be wrong.

The thing is there is more than one wrestler on the roster and most fans I would assume go to see their favourite, that obviously right now isn't Roman Reigns with regards to the responses he gets. So they aren't paying to go see him, he is just part and parcel of the whole show. For the WWE to say that fans still pay to see the show, well they do, not necessarily him.

I was looking online earlier today and came across a story that I don't know if it's bullshit or what but Forbes is involved in it. Some fans are advocating what basically amounts to as a strike at Mania. In other words, when the main event comes on, which should be HHH/Reigns, they want fans to show their displeasure by just getting up and walking out.

While I think that's crap, why would you spend all that money to go to Dallas and walk out, it would work in a way. If a quarter or more of your audience leaves before that match it would show Vince and company, on their biggest night of the year just exactly how fans feel. But as I said it's bullshit and who in their right mind would do that, but it is possible. I wouldn't do it, but at the same time like I said before, just because I buy a ticket doesn't mean I want to see someone like for example Sheamus or Del Rio.
Yeah, I don't think the tickets (per se) really have anything to do with Reigns' push. That Forbes report on Superstar salaries really sheds some light on the situation. Reigns earns approximately $2.1m a year, which is not the salary that guys at the absolute tip top of the roster get paid. Hell, Seth Rollins got paid (just) more than Reigns last year, at $2.2m.

Surely whoever draws the most gets paid the most. It seems logical. WWE isn't going to pay a Superstar more than what they make the company. If anything, Rollins is the one who's being pushed the most out of the Shield... which is actually really obvious when you think about it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-06-2016, 09:11 PM
WranglerVinny WranglerVinny is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
WranglerVinny is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I agree. Reigns doesn't deserve the hate he is getting. Most fan are too stupid to realize it's been 2 years since they claimed WWE was pushing him. Also, fans are hard to please these days. I mean, if you're not doing 360 flips from the top rope and elbows through tables, then you're not worthy anymore. Heck, if I wanted to see an acrobat I'd go to the circus. I'm old school, and wresting should be wrestling.

Reigns deserves everything... boo him if you like, but WWE has little care for your hate. They know Reigns is big, and stadium fans can be a completely different crowd than the majority.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices