WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What does NXT need to succeed?
Jeff Jarrett as champion 1 10.00%
Triangles 3 30.00%
Go live 3 30.00%
Go on the road full time 2 20.00%
Pentagons 0 0%
Celebrity guest stars (Like Pierce Brosnan) 4 40.00%
Two hours 4 40.00%
Spike TV 2 20.00%
Ovals 1 10.00%
War Games 0 0%
A new Nation of Domination 0 0%
A stable of guys from the UK 1 10.00%
It's own Hall Of Fame 1 10.00%
Another title 4 40.00%
Other (please specify) 1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Future British World Champ
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

Jeff Jarrett as Champion? What the actual fuck is wrong with you? Jarrett can't wrestle, has no mic skills, and GFW WILL fail, just like I predict that TNA will be go bust within the next 5 years and most of their roster will end up in WWE, it's not like the majority of their "Stars" aren't ex WWE anyway.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:47 PM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

What NXT does NOT need to succeed and compete with the WWE is:

Jeff Jarrett as champion – TNA tried that, and although they were successful, they did not compete with the WWE as much as they would have liked to.

Triangles – 4 sided ring, as proven by the WWE is the way to go.

Pentagons – 4 sided ring, as proven by the WWE is the way to go.

Spike TV – TNA tried that, and although they were successful, they did not compete with the WWE as much as they would have liked to.

Ovals – 4 sided ring, as proven by the WWE is the way to go.

War Games – match types couldn’t, shouldn’t, and wouldn’t help or hurt NXT’s ability to succeed and compete with the WWE.

A new Nation of Domination – Stables couldn’t, shouldn’t, and wouldn’t help or hurt NXT’s ability to succeed and compete with the WWE.

A stable of guys from the UK –Stables couldn’t, shouldn’t, and wouldn’t help or hurt NXT’s ability to succeed and compete with the WWE.

Its own Hall Of Fame – It couldn’t hurt. In fact it could help a little bit. The first class of inductees that I would put into the NXT Hall Of Fame would have to be Wade Barrett, Kaval, Kaitlyn, Fandango, Derrick Bateman, Seth Rollins, Neville, Oliver Grey, the Ascension, Paige

What NXT does need to succeed and compete with the WWE is:

Go live – Live is always better than taped. If you need to be edited, then you are not ready.

Go on the road full time – Going across the country is always better than staying in one location, although there are advantages to both. Putting these “rookies” on the road full time can only help them get accustomed to life in the WWE Universe.

Celebrity guest stars (Like Pierce Brosnan) – There is a reason why celebrities are paid to endorse products. Get a few in there to tell the WWE Universe why NXT is the “best” professional sports wrestling entertainment show!! I’d keep the A-List celebs on the Red show, B-List celebs on blue show, and C-List celebs on the Gold (sounds better than the Yellow) show.

Two hours – More time equals more opportunity. I’ll never understand the “oversaturation” argument. Whoever says, “we get too much WWE TV in a week” isn’t really a fan. They are just a bunch of whiny SMarks, who would rather complain than watch to being with. If there was more time to watch, then there would be less time to complain. Then again, if there was more time to watch, it might give the IWC more ammo to complain about.

Another title – All of the successful professional sports wrestling entertainment companies in history have one thing in common, the proper Championship Title hierarchy. You need World Championship Title Belt to show who the face who the Man is. You need a mid-card Championship Title Belt to show who is next in line. You need a set of Tag Team Championship Title Belts to show who the team to beat is. You need a Women’s Championship Title Belt to show who the Woman is. You could take it a step further and add a few more, but you cannot have any less than these 4 Championship Title Belts. If a promotion does, well, I look at that promotion as a minor league promotion. Say what you want, but the original ECW, ROH, and in this case, NXT are all minor league promotions. Impact Wrestling, in my opinion, is major league promotion. TNA has been around longer than WCW and is still going today. Even if TNA were to close its doors in the next 12 minutes, they will still be more successful than the original ECW, ROH, and if nothing changes, NXT, combined. I understand NXT’s current purpose, to be WWE’s farm system, but that doesn’t mean “March Madness” can’t get better ratings than the “NBA playoffs”.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:49 PM

thekooljt is looking to come up from OCW...

NOTHING!!!!!!!! IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT. They continue to be a growing franchise that WWE can rely on.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:49 PM
Knockout Champion

rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
The developmental process should never, EVER be televised
While not seen on a WWE owned Network nearly all past "development" promotions were available for viewing. Before they made their ways to the big stage names like Cena, Orton, Batista and Lesnar were weekly Saturday staples in my house via OVW Television. Same with the talents who made their ways through Deep South and Hartland. Most recently FCW weekly episodes were available on TV and YouTube. Hell, if you want to go further back ECW and Territory promotions were essentially feeder/proving grounds until WWE or WCW came calling and they were all over TV.

To Coco's OP. There is some very thought provoking stuff in there. I see a lot of individuals wanting two hours. Well I say go in the opposite direction. Less is more. Cut the show to thirty minutes. The idea of a triangle ring is interesting but lets go further outside the box. Why have any sides. Just one giant open arena. Maybe instead of a GM they anoint a NXT Emperor. Following major matches the Emperor can decide if the loser dies. I know I wouldn't mind Samoa Joe fighting a lion.