WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-24-2016, 02:24 AM
st.edward

saint_edward is looking to come up from OCW...

I used to love TNA, more than WWE. The ring, the matches, the feel of it, it was all different. They seemed to care about the Women's wrestling with Kong and Kim putting in performance after performance.

The X Division with AJ Styles, Daniels, Kazarian, Sanjay Dutt, Low-Ki, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, Samoa Joe! The card also had Scott Steiner, Petey Williams, Jeff Jarrett, Eric Young, Beer Money, Freakin' Sting, they brought in Ken Anderson and Angle. You've got Abyss (and I know he was a Kane/Taker/Mankind hybrid). The roster in the mid-2000s was stacked with quality talent and since then there have been others too like Austin Aries but they haven't held on to their legends like WWE have.

Those of us who watched it, who invested heavily at the beginning watched Hogan come in and SAP out the money. We saw Dixie Carter who just doesn't have it as an on-screen presence. We then watched as the guys who put it all on the line for TNA weren't paid and left whilst cheaper wrestlers took their place. Storylines stopped making as much sense and there were clusterfucks of factions.

The parts of TNA we loved got pulled apart in front of us. If they don't give a shit about their product and the people who put them where they are then why should I.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:34 AM

duckbutter is looking to come up from OCW...

I have been a lifelong wresting fan of over 30 years and always chose NWA/WCW, Mid-South, and ECW over WWE, so the following comments are not as a WWE mark. Though I do still watch WWE, my comments are simply from someone who loves wrestling.

The only time in its history that I found TNA even remotely interesting was when Dusty Rhodes was writing it. That's it. Even then it wasn't spectacular. I had high hopes when Kurt Angle signed. His feuds with Desmond Wolfe and Samoa Joe were good, but overall the hope I had in him to truly help create an alternative brand fell completely flat.

Same could be said for Sting, Booker T, Christian, Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, DDP, Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner, Ric Flair, the Dudley's, RVD, and Eric Bischoff. All of those guys had been marquee names before coming to TNA and the same thing happened every time. While their stories may have been interesting at times, the rest of what was happening around them failed miserably and made the product overall less interesting.

How many times can TNA hit the reset button? Honestly, at this point, they either need to shut the doors or sell to someone who can make the hard decisions. I'm not saying Paul Heyman would have been their savior, but a deal like that with someone who knows how to deal with talent and get the best out of everyone needs to take over if they want to get to the next level.

They need a major overhaul and getting rid of Dixie Carter, Jon Gaburick, and any other WWE retreads in management would be a good start.

Short of those things happening, as well as CM Punk and Brian Danielson coming in the door at the same time, I just don't see myself ever watching TNA again. I have been burned too many times and have no interest in investing any of my time in it. And that makes me sad.

I really want an alternative that isn't tied to the WWE brand to make wrestling great again. Without competition we get what we are getting every Monday night: mediocre storytelling and over-hyped muscleheads being shoved down our throats.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:21 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Well, I cancelled my cable since I've stopped watching TNA, can't say I miss it all that much, so it would take quite a bit with things in their present state for me to start watching TNA again. But for the sake of discussion, let's pretend that this afternoon TNA announces that you'll be able to stream all episodes of Impact from their website after they air.

Right now, there's no reason why I don't watch TNA, but there's no reason why I feel I should either. Back in 2007ish when I started watching TNA, it was because there were plenty of people excited about the product, so I figured I'd check out what people were so excited about. (If you want to get attention, start a riot; look at our presidential campaign.) It turned out that I liked the product they were offering, and when their product changed significantly in 2009-10, I lost interest.

There isn't that buzz around TNA that there used to be, even in the Hogan era. No one really talks about what's going on in TNA, besides IDR trying to start conversations in here (and bless him for trying). There's no real reason for me to change my routine any.

So to answer the question as to what it would take to get me to check out the product again (beyond my interest as towards the economic viability of non-WWE players in professional wrestling)..... I'm not even sure that's possible right now. For instance, I look back at how I got into WCW- I first started checking it out when Lex Luger crossed over, and started watching regularly when the nWo launched. I first started watching TNA when someone handed me a card after a wrestling event which had Kurt Angle wrestling some Christian Cage guy, and said 'holy shit, that's where these people went, let me check this out!' There aren't any big names who are going to cross the line anytime soon; all respects to Drew Galloway and apologies to Mustang Sally, but TNA's world champion is a guy who I remember best as one-third of the Three Man Band. I don't know most of the names on the roster, and couldn't name any of the last five X-Division champions if you gave me six names to choose from.

You need those anchor guys to make the rest of the roster look good, and hey, maybe there's someone with a brain inside of TNA who's going to put James Storm in that role. Right now, TNA has a roster of mid-card guys in their top spots, and people show the same level of excitement in the product.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:11 PM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Not now.

I saw that a buncha guys have been signed but there is no buzz. They will all have a chance to do something with their careers so let's see. They need a good pool and will have to execute something that has't been done before. Something that taps into the social vein of the times.

Maybe a Trump like character, someone who is bigoted but powerful.

Don't get me started on what turned me off, I gave up on those twats after trying a few times.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:55 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I haven't watched TNA for probably about 3 years now, or close to it, and I couldn't watch it now if I wanted to as I don't have the POP network or whatever it's called. I can't accurately gauge the product now if I wanted to, so I can't legitimately say what I think is or isn't wrong with TNA. If what I've read from various other fans over time and from dirt sheet writers is accurate, then there's just this endless sense of impending doom going on, that TNA just constantly seems to be in this state of limbo or that people are just waiting for the other shoe to drop so that TNA is forced to shut down. I'm not saying any of it's true as I can't fairly say as I haven't seen it with my own eyes. I mean, if you base all your information off of just what fans online and dirt sheet writers have to say, then you might as well stop watching wrestling altogether because none of it's worth a damn. NXT gets a lot of praise, and rightly so as I watch it weekly, but I bet some of that praise would go away if NXT was on a regular television network with a TV deal because it'd lose some of that "cool, underground vibe" that it has. Even if the quality was still high where it counts, namely the talent, the storylines and the booking, some would focus on that particular change with the formula and relentlessly attack it with mind blowing exaggerations in order to try to turn others onto their perception.

Most of the information and stories surrounding TNA for a very long time have been about its financial issues, the difficulty with paying talent on time, how long it can continue to go, etc. I just simply seem to hear almost nothing positive about TNA anymore, though I've no doubt some of it is exaggerated, there's just seems to be this overwhelming sense of TNA's demise happening at some point. If what I hear is accurate to any reasonable degree, then there just doesn't sound like much going on that has me at all interested even if I could watch it.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 03-24-2016, 06:17 PM

oneguy is looking to come up from OCW...

Well you seem to be missing the point completely even though you touched on it in your post. You mentioned yourself that TNA story lines are weak and yet you think that all TNA needs to do is bring in certain performers. You don't get it it though. TNA can have Austin, Rock, HBK, Hogan, Cena, Punk, Bryan, AJ Styles, and whoever the Indy darling of the month is, and as long as their stories suck, people won't watch it regardless of how good the matches may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwetnadudez View Post
TNA needs to hit a complete reset button and go off TV for 6 months.

During the six month period the following things need to happen:

1) Write out storylines.
2) Work on production values.
3) Organize the roster.
4) Hire/Fire
5) New management.

When I say write out storylines I literally mean book people in advance so that they don't book themselves into a dead end due to the last minute writings. TNA is often illogical and seems lost in its stories so they should have stories written out with proper endings and also alternatives in case of injury or some unforeseen circumstances.

TNA may not be as rich or as heavily funded as the WWE but boy does it seem like a poor mans show. They need to book smaller arenas or maybe go back home to the impact Zone and create a new set. The stage, ring, titantron, cameras all need to be tweaked or replaced to look more high class.

Jim Ross is now with NJPW and has no experience running his own promotion.
The one thing I never understood about TNA was that the top draw (Jefd Hardy) spent a lot of time floating around as Willow or in the tag division when he should have been the poster boy. They need a main event crop, mid card crop and a sperate tag team and X Division. EC3, Drew, Mike, Jeff, Matt etc are all top tier guys while Bram, Storm, Crimson etc could handle the mid card and new teams ans X Division talent could be hired.

TNA has a mixed talent pool right now with some heavily talented guys and guys who don't do anything. They need to get rid of the extra weight like Eli, Camacho, Grado,Melendez etc and hire new guys who are talented like the Briscos, Sabre etc etc.

The main point here is NEW MANAGEMENT. Dixie needs to get out along with all of her yes men. A person who can handle a whole company need to come in with a new team and completely renovate the company. Jim Ross is currently my top name for this job since Heyman is with the WWE for the future.

Also getting merchandise improvements and giving people their own t shirts instead of the standard TNA t shirt would be fresh.

I feel like I wrote three times what I normally write for freaking essays... Only for TNA.

Jim Ross is now with NJPW and has no experience with his own promotion. To expect him to be able to help TNA is too optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbadfox View Post
honestly there is no signing (other than stealing top flight wwe talk) that would make me watch again.
To me the main reason I stopped was production value....
It use to look feel like an alternate to wwe.... it felt like I was watching the competition.... yea there writing was crap and continuity was shit, but at least it felt better than it is now.
I know with the smaller networks less money is coming in.... but it feels like I am watching ROH or some other small promotion that is on some knock off channel at 230am.... (don't know if that makes sense but Ive seen some low level wrestling promotions on tv at 230am and later)
So unless Cena Bryan Punk Orton Rollins Lesner went over there (which never would happen) they need to then make it look and feel like its the big leagues.
Oh and a close second would be hiring a real announce team and not "shout everything" Josh Matthews and The Pope.
Haha. Josh Matthews sounds like a dork and The Pope sounds like a mental retard.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:34 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

1 - No one watches it

2 - Constantly changing their channel and start time

3 - Too many swerves

4 - They try way too hard to be WWE 2.0

5 - Commentary is just AWFUL

Yeah I mean TNA is okay, but WWE is wrestling. Every other company is irrelevant.