WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-22-2016, 04:01 PM

ColeMc is looking to come up from OCW...ColeMc is looking to come up from OCW...

I can't imagine that this thread is serious.

I loved the Shield and was a bit sad when they broke up. But I understood the need to split them into singles storylines.

The Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins feud over "stopping the cash in" was my favourite angle and pushed both guys well over.

Roman is about to main event his second WM, probably would have been versus Rollins had he not been injured.

Dean is so over he could be pushed to the title tomorrow and no-one would complain.

Is this thread just trolling?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:51 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeMc View Post
I can't imagine that this thread is serious.

I loved the Shield and was a bit sad when they broke up. But I understood the need to split them into singles storylines.

The Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins feud over "stopping the cash in" was my favourite angle and pushed both guys well over.

Roman is about to main event his second WM, probably would have been versus Rollins had he not been injured.

Dean is so over he could be pushed to the title tomorrow and no-one would complain.

Is this thread just trolling?
no, this thread isn'T trolling. i'm very serious with this based on what i see and heard on t.v every week. When the shields broke up, they did a really good job of building all three guys into superstars and let'S face it, all three guy we're super over with all the fans not just IWC.

2 years laters and a lot of creative mistakes for all 3 mens, they all lost some momentum. Roman reigns is main event his second wrestlemania but doesn't have the connection with the fans that he use to have 2 years ago and most of the fans would rather have him be taking off that main event slot and put in a mid card match.

Dean ambrose lost alot of steam with the fans because of the way he got booked in feud with Bray wyatt and other feud we're he lost most of his matches. I listen to the philadelphia crowd last night when dean ambrose came out and he got the same type of response that ziggler is getting, so he'S over but not as big as what he was 2 years ago.

The best thing that could have happenned to seth rollins was getting injured because let'S face it, while being one hell of a good heel, his booking as champion was atrocious and if the rumors where true, he was set to lose the belt to roman reigns at survivor series and then go in the match against HHH at wrestlemania, so they would have had to do a really quick babyface turn either him or HHH and if they would have turn Seth babyface, i don'T know if the fans would have taken to him or not.

The point i was making was they had a lot of momentum when they were the shields and they could have let them still be the shields and not split them up but do a friendly disband of the group and always have the option of bringing them back if need be and you could have rident the momentum they had back then instead of trying to rebuild them.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:42 PM
Knockout Champion

S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to S.J. Maximus

I am shocked that there is even one person who feels the way the OP does, but completely baffled that I saw some people who even remotely agreed in the other posts. I honestly think the existence of the Shield and the subsequent breakup was the best thing WWE Creative has produced in the last 10 years.

I'm not the typical IWC smark who knew these guys as Tyler Black (or whatever Rollins was in ROH) and Moxley, I can only judge based on their work on the main WWE roster. When they debuted, I wasn't overly excited and didn't think much of any of the 3 individually meanwhile IWC smarks hailed their debut promo as the best thing ever and branded Rollins and Ambrose as future hall of famers.

With all that aside though, it's really hard to find fault with anything WWE Creative had done with them from their debut until about the 2015 Royal Rumble. Like I said before, I think they were the best-booked entity of the last decade, and it was very clear by 2015 that all 3 men were going to be big names for years to come.

Seth Rollins: He is the first Seth Rollins, but for those who like to compare people he's the closest thing to Michaels we've seen since HBK himself came back in 2002. The guy who will consistently outperform everybody else every night and put out the match of the night whether it's the opener or the main event (At WrestleMania 31 it was both!). IMO he is the most talented of the 3 and has the best "Post-Shield" resume so far; This ACL tear is definitely a huge roadblock but if he is able to return to form then it will be very clear that we are in the midst of a first ballot Hall of Fame career.

Dean Ambrose: As the only Shield alum without a World Title reign, you'd be surprised to hear me say that I actually think he's been booked the best "Post-Shield" of the 3 men. The OP's opinion of Rollins' reign was clearly affected by the fact that they made him one of the most chicken shit pussy heels of all-time, which I can definitely see people losing respect for the accomplishments of that reign. Ambrose, on the other hand, was always portrayed as the willing gutsy fighter much like the man who gave him "Barbie", Mick Foley. He is currently the most popular full-time wrestler in the world, and headed to WrestleMania in what is looking like the best match of the night with the most popular wrestler of any kind in Brock Lesnar. You really think he misses the Shield?

Roman Reigns: He is the only reason I have to say the "Post-Shield" booking stopped being perfect in 2015. On paper, (as his uncle pointed out) he is a Royal Rumble Winner, 2-time World Champion, and former Tag Champion. People have gone in the Hall of Fame for much less (look at Godfather), and if they just take a second and stop shoving him down our throats maybe some of his future accomplishments will happen more organically. If you have any doubts, watch the 2014 Royal Rumble match. Fans were LOVING the idea of The Shield breaking up, and they loved the idea of Roman being a dominant beast. The YES movement, an untimely injury, and questionable booking have now completely ruined that and turned Roman into the most unpopular face ever but I definitely do see a big future for him (please turn him heel guys!!!).

Based on all that above, all 3 guys are better off "Post-Shield". And for the OP's suggestion that they could all co-exist as a stable and simultaneously dominate the main event scene as singles stars doesn't make sense and literally isn't possible. With stables that are created to develop new talent, it's always best to let them grow together and then kick them out of the nest and let them fly when they're ready (look at HHH leaving DX in 99, Orton's Evolution exit in 04, or Batista's Evolution exit in 05). Maybe you could've kept them together a little bit longer, but I personally think the timing was perfect and that everything (for the most part) worked out for the best.

"It's not arrogance; It's destiny."