WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-13-2016, 11:42 PM
Love is not admissable evidence.
WWE Diva's Champion

The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...The Bearded One scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to The Bearded One Send a message via MSN to The Bearded One

This was a fun show, and was exactly the kind of content the WWE should produce for the Network. I know they've done it in the past, but they need to continue doing "super" house shows every few months and air it on the Network. They could even do it in their bigger cities that don't normally get PPVs, and even experiment with a live showing from the UK.

Anyways, this show was way better than I thought it would be, even if it did turn out as inconsequential as everyone expected. That doesn't mean I didn't buy the near falls, though, because the match quality was normally high enough for me to get invested in the match despite having a good idea of what the outcome would be. I also loved the simple stage and really long aisle for some reason. It made it feel bigger somehow.

New Day defeat Sheamus and King Barrett - The New Day are still so entertaining in their promos even if the content isn't really the best. It's obvious they're having a blast out there, and it makes it fun to watch. The match was a fine way to start the show, but nothing more. It was a good, solid match, and that's really all it needed to be.

Chris Jericho defeats Jack Swagger - Jericho's promo was one of the highlights of the night. And I might be immature, but the word "anus" always makes me laugh. But I don't understand why they brought out "The Real American" for the Canadians to get behind. I understand there really aren't any Canadian faces on the roster (except Sami Zayn, but he couldn't have take the loss here), but there are still better options than Swagger. Why not throw Neville out there? The match was OK. It was more competitive than it needed to be, but it did its job of getting Jericho a win heading into Mania.

Enzo and Cass vs The Revival - I really don't like the name The Revival, but I love the team itself. Them and Enzo and Cass work so well together, and all four men came out of this match looking like stars. It was a showcase of some of NXT's best acts, and they had the crowd eating out of the palm of their hands by the end of it. Enzo and Cass are so ready for the main roster. I wish they would've debuted at "Fast Lane" during the New Day segment with Edge and Christian, but I guess they're being saved until after Mania. Still, a great match and probably the second best match of the night.

Charlotte defeats Natalya - Another really good match here. I don't think it was quite as good as the one in the NXT Women's Championship finals from 2014, but still an entertaining encounter. Whenever given time, Charlotte and Natalya put on a good show, and I hope they get to have more matches together in the future.

Brock Lesnar defeats Bray Wyatt/Luke Harper - So I'm guessing the WWE is saving Lesnar vs Wyatt for after WrestleMania for some reason? I'm not really sure why as I don't think anyone is clamoring for it. But this was about what most non-major PPV Lesnar matches have become: suplex after suplex until an F5 ends it. It was nice to see Harper get some offense in, and I think he's talented enough to earn a singles push of his own.

Sami Zayn defeats Stardust - I'm always disappointed to see Stardust. I love Cody Rhodes, but the Stardust character just makes me cringe. It's awful. At least Zayngot a win over a semi-credible opponent, but the match was nothing special.

HHH defeats Dean Ambrose - This was an awesome match, and I would've been happy if this exact match headlined WrestleMania. It was such a great match with so many little things added up to create a Match of the Year contender. Ambrose and HHH have so much chemistry together that I hope to see them face off again in the future. I was a bit surprised HHH actually got the pin. I would've guessed he would've won by DQ, but Ambrose still looked incredible in defeat. The commentary team put him over hard, and he carries himself as a top guy. The WWE's future is in great hands with the likes of Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn leading the way.

I had so much fun with this show. Now it's time to begin the final push toward WrestleMania!
Old 03-14-2016, 09:48 AM

xRob13x is looking to come up from OCW...xRob13x is looking to come up from OCW...

My only real gripe here is that, while the match was fantastic, it doesn't do a lot to help Ambrose heading into 'Mania as far as looking like a serious threat to Lesnar. Sadly, that's another match I expect him to lose, though perhaps they add Bray to it and make it a triple threat? Still, Brock dominates and scares Bray off, looking like a total badass. Meanwhile, Ambrose loses clean to HHH, and the 'whoops, your foot was under the rope!' just adds another silly reason for him to lose a big match. Aside from that, quite enjoyed the show. I just hope Ambrose can pick up some more momentum heading into Mania.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:34 AM
Million Dollar Champion

MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This was a weird show, because the matches were all good, but the pacing of the overall event was very bad. I started eventually

There just wasn't enough drama, I guess. Why am I supposed to care about 'Sami Zayn Vs Stardust' or 'Charlotte Vs Natalya' when Stardust and Natalya lack any kind of credibility right now. WTF happened with Lesnar Vs Wyatt? Why did they change the card? Where was the other Wyatts? How come Harper was able to do that much damage? I also thought the 2 and a half hour runningtime was too long.

Still, I can't complain about the quality of the bouts.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:41 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialHorror View Post
This was a weird show, because the matches were all good, but the pacing of the overall event was very bad. I started eventually

There just wasn't enough drama, I guess. Why am I supposed to care about 'Sami Zayn Vs Stardust' or 'Charlotte Vs Natalya' when Stardust and Natalya lack any kind of credibility right now. WTF happened with Lesnar Vs Wyatt? Why did they change the card? Where was the other Wyatts? How come Harper was able to do that much damage? I also thought the 2 and a half hour runningtime was too long.

Still, I can't complain about the quality of the bouts.
I found it rather refreshing that we didn't have to sit through a million promo's and recaps to tell you the truth. The show went very quickly, as it was match after match with really no break.

Also I can answer some of your questions for you. Natalya and Zayn are both Canadian, and they tend to stack the deck with Canadian wrestlers everytime they come to Toronto. We don't mind at all. As for Lesnar and Wyatt, there are some rumours circling that Wyatt has some sort of a back injury, and the decision was made to put Harper up against Lesnar instead.

Frankly speaking, Harper probably got more offense in than Wyatt would have, but it was basically a squash anyway. I love Harper and he did give Lesnar a few good shots. He's really quite a bit guy when you see him live. The other two members of the Wyatt family were at the house show in Atlantic City. That too was okay with me, as out of the four of them, we got the two best ones.

Like I said before, hope they do more of these types of shows, it was very enjoyable.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:38 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I liked Roadblock. I think it was a great idea and a nice little filler between Fastlane and WrestleMania.

I agree with half of the results, specifically the non-Title matches. I think all four Championship Title that were defended should have changed hands for one reason or another.

I think Enzo and Cass should have won the NXT Tag Team Championship Titles. I don’t normally watch NXT, and Roadblock was the first time I saw them. I’m convinced that they’re over. I liked their pre-match promo and thought they should have won.

I think Natalya should have won the Divas Championship Title. This would have turned the WrestleMania Divas Championship Title match into a Fatal Four way. They could have always had Natalya drop it back to Charlotte before WrestleMania if they really wanted to.

I think the League of Nations should have won the WWE World Tag Team Championship Titles. Don’t get me wrong, I think New…Day…Rocks…but I think it’s just about time they go after Kalisto, Kevin Owens, and Triple H at the same time. The League of Nations should be a dominant stable in the WWE Universe. To show that dominance, they’re going to need to wear and hold leather and gold.

I think Dean Ambrose should have won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title. Not only do I think Dean Ambrose should have defeated Triple H at Roadblock, but I think Dean Ambrose should have defeated Triple H in a WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title rematch on the following Raw. This would have changed the Main Event of WrestleMania to Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns and free up Triple H to replace the Undertaker in Shane McMahon’s match. This also frees up Brock Lesnar. I would have the Wyatt Family face the new Ministry composed of Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

The WWE should do this event again in the future. I don’t think Roadblock should replace Fastlane, as both are themes of the Road to WrestleMania.

I wouldn’t mind seeing more NXT talent featured on main roster shows, but the only NXT talent I want to see featured on main roster shows are the NXT Champion, the NXT Tag Team Champions, and the NXT Women’s Champion, and their respective challengers. I want to see the NeXT big thing, not the NeXT NeXT big thing.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!