WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-25-2016, 07:09 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...

The NXT title is a secondary title. I'm not with the school that thinks that people are morons if they think that NXT is developmental. As a matter of fact I agree with them. Look at when Kevin Ownes debuted. They put him against the US champ. IN the scheme of things, the NXT title is used exactly as the IC title used to be. It's given to a guy to see how he performs when the spotlight shines on him a bit.

Finn Balor is the equivalent of a midcard champ on the main roster. When he gets pulled up, he will be in a feud near the top of the card. The same will go for Joe and Generico.

There is no reason to put a second belt on a show that had literally 30 seconds for their champ in a throwaway segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Trill Co$by Send a message via Skype™ to Trill Co$by

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSouth View Post
The NXT title is a secondary title. I'm not with the school that thinks that people are morons if they think that NXT is developmental. As a matter of fact I agree with them. Look at when Kevin Ownes debuted. They put him against the US champ.
This would hold merit if said United States champion wasn't someone that WWE has just built the last 10 years around in John Cena. If someone like Sheamus or Chris Jericho had been US Champion then, then sure I could see your point. But it wasn't, it was John Cena that Owens came in and defeated cleanly on his debut match thus putting him forever in the future world champions bracket. Seth Rollins, also a former NXT Champion, debuted in the Shield and we all know how that went. In fact, the only non-world champion out of the three is facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania... not too shabby right? Big-E is a former NXT Champion, and was set to be a world champion but then plans changed, who knows why... even still, he's doing absolutely fabulous in New Day and could receive a decent push when he breaks away from the New Day.

Also, let's not forget that being the lead of NXT also makes you the flag bearer for that brand. So unless you're a Finn Balor or Samoa Joe, chances are you're not going to be given the title at all.. and because of that, you're probably not going to be looked at. Tyler Breeze is one of few exceptions. So why not give those guys a chance to shine as well by making a title that they actually could hold and actually be able to showcase. Not to mention, it would give NXT their own sort of TV champion that could be there weekly and be the true workhorse champion of NXT.
Proud #BellaArmy Member
Old 02-28-2016, 01:29 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S#cial Sector View Post
This would hold merit if said United States champion wasn't someone that WWE has just built the last 10 years around in John Cena. If someone like Sheamus or Chris Jericho had been US Champion then, then sure I could see your point. But it wasn't, it was John Cena that Owens came in and defeated cleanly on his debut match thus putting him forever in the future world champions bracket. Seth Rollins, also a former NXT Champion, debuted in the Shield and we all know how that went. In fact, the only non-world champion out of the three is facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania... not too shabby right? Big-E is a former NXT Champion, and was set to be a world champion but then plans changed, who knows why... even still, he's doing absolutely fabulous in New Day and could receive a decent push when he breaks away from the New Day.
They were using Cena to try and make the belt feel legit, but it was still a midcard feud.

Quote:
Also, let's not forget that being the lead of NXT also makes you the flag bearer for that brand. So unless you're a Finn Balor or Samoa Joe, chances are you're not going to be given the title at all.. and because of that, you're probably not going to be looked at. Tyler Breeze is one of few exceptions. So why not give those guys a chance to shine as well by making a title that they actually could hold and actually be able to showcase. Not to mention, it would give NXT their own sort of TV champion that could be there weekly and be the true workhorse champion of NXT.
Is Neville even on the WM card? He is the longest reigning NXT Champ.

And again, the NXT champ was only involved in a 30 decond throw away segment this last show. How is someone going to be given a belt to shine with if they don't have time to put them on? There is another thread about going to 2 hours. If NXT is going to add a belt, they would have to do so. The storylines get no build as it is now. It's three weeks before anything advances on that show as it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

From what I can tell, NXT is presenting a show very similar to the golden era of WCW. You give occasional promos, but most of those are kept in the ring before or after matches. Backstage antics can happen, but they're a thankful rarity. You pay to watch wrestling, you get a few minutes of promos with your wrestling and not the other way around.

For a mid-card title, I would hold off on that. I mentioned WCW earlier because I would prefer if NXT adopted a Television Championship, which of course would require them to be on tv and have regular PPVs to justify its existence.

Why not have NXT on tv? The only logical reason to not broadcast NXT that I can figure out would be that it could undermine the legitimacy of being called up to Raw or Smackdown, in doing so you would probably have a lot of people saying "no thanks" to being called up. I just think that NXT is getting too big to just be a program that streams online, and eventually the WWE will have to allow it to be a rival program under the Titansports umbrella.

If NXT makes it to tv, they can expand it to a couple hours and absorb an even larger pool of indy talent. Only after all this happens can I see them justifying a mid-card belt, and I would love to see a classic belt like the Television Championship get a revival.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:47 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

NXT BREAKTHROUGH CHAMPIONSHIP

Only people within their first year of NXT are eligible to win the title. After a year, you can no longer contend for it. If you're the champion at the time when your year is up, the title will be exchanged for an NXT Championship match. Since NXT has so much turnover, there will always be an influx of talent that can contend for the belt.

Shinsuke, Apollo, Austin, Chad, and Elias could all contend for it right now. Plus, Joe could try to win it before June 10 in order to get another shot at the NXT title. The possibilities are endless.

I would crown Apollo as the first ever champion and have him thwart off Joe and Elias, before dropping it to Shinsuke right before at the SummerSlam weekend Takeover right before his year is up. Shinsuke can retain over Chad, Rich Swann, Chris Girard and La Sombra, and then lose it to Austin Aries. Since both these guys will have their in-ring debuts at Takeover Dallas, they both want to be champion by WrestleMania weekend to cash in that title shot at WrestleMania 33. Shinsuke beats Austin at the Takeover event and goes on to face NXT Champion Hideo Itami two days later at WrestleMania.

Last edited by NegativeFeedback : 03-03-2016 at 02:00 AM.